Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Where???

Been looking all over the place.

ebay handle: fdm1979

The listing ended 22:24:16 PST last night. I copped me a pair in black, hi. :D

Prior to that, I was frantically looking for them after the first batch he sold (diamond's batch) , but couldnt find any US retailers online. Almost resorted to buying them from Germany through Ebay. The guys handle is "vansbude" if you want to try.

sean, you've got a good friend, getting you that Walker set.

Hey LanceP. I have a potentially stupid question, what is overdyed white?

Not a stupid question at all, especially since there really is no such thing as white dye. Funny thing is, xcoldricex actually asked the same question over at StyleZeitgeist.com; here was my response...

^^ When I was at 45rpm, I had picked up 2 t-shirts to try on: a black one and a white one. One of the ladies working there explained to me that the shirts I was holding were overdyed, and explained the whole typical process of having the untreated cotton dyed over. Now, I'm assuming for the white one, she was referring to the way untreated cotton can be dyed with optical whiteners since natural cotton is initially an off-white color. I just looked at the receipt, and the item description simply says "Super Gauze Men's L/S T-Shirt," so the lady could have just been referring to the black shirt being overdyed and not the white one. I can shoot them an e-mail if you'd really like to know if my shirt is indeed overdyed white...

EDIT: I just looked around on some clothing sites, and there's a Band of Outsiders shirt on the Oak site that is "white overdye." So, apparently, there is such a thing is overdyed white.

Ahlvahroe-

I'm not sure it is meant for the front, but it certainly is slim enough to fit there provided the jeans aren't very skinny. The slimness is what appealed to me. They also make a card case that looks even slimmer. It doesn't have a grommet for a chain though.

i saw that card case but i wasnt sure if its just cards or if it could hold a small bit of money as well, i dont like to carry cash so that might not be a problem. also, while its certifiably ill, the leather chain is not something i see myself using if its front pocket

Ok, I've been in NY for 10 days now and it's about time I posted some thoughts and what I bought.

Famous Friends - I had a little trouble getting here, because first time I went I could't find it (I forgot my map and address of the store). Second time I went on a tuesday, which is one the days that the store is closed. Third time I finally managed to get inside—had a pleasant chat with the owner (very knowledgable and cool guy) and bought a W+H slim fit, tiger fleece hoodie in lavender color (pics below). They still have some orange and lavender tiger fleece left (in both slim and classic fit), as well as some of the plain hoodies in black and blue—also slim and classic fit. Other than that, there's some Henrik Vibskov t-shirts, some "So Last Season" stuff—especially nice jacket, and some other brands. The store is definitely a must if you're visiting NY.

Nom de Guerre - I went to the one in Noho, so maybe the other one is a little less empty, but this one certainly doesn't have any of the better pieces left. I tried on their gray hoodie from this season in small and I looked like some kind of thug in it—huge arms, baggy fit, not appealing at all, as well as crap zippers. They had some parkas left, which impressed me even less and the rest I didn't even bother trying on. They have a sale on the lower floor, it's mostly APC, Noah, and older NdG stuff. The Noah stuff was impressive, but still a little expensive even on sale. Bought a Maripol t-shirt...

Blue in Green - I can't say much about BiG, since they didn't have any of the jeans in my sizes. Though they're supposed to receive new shipment right about now, so I'm going to check out the store again. Certainly impressive selection though.

Cloak - right next to BiG, they've got nice stuff, but the jacket I was interested in, wasn't thought out very well, because it was impossible to move my arms in it—even when I tried two sizes larger... oh well, but they have a sale, so stuff is relatively cheap.

Dior Homme - one of the best stores I've visited, surpassed only by Famous Friends. The design is brilliant as I've mentioned before, especially the fitting rooms. They've got plenty of stuff and a lot of it is on sale (50%). The staff is actually very helpful and not at all snobby like in most other high-end stores. Bought a wool sweater for 50% off here.

Odin - ugh, they have a nice selection, but I don't even want to talk about their staff. Any time I asked them for something they behaved like they were doing me such a big favor by actually listening to me. Didn't buy anything here and if they keep up their level of service, I won't anytime soon.

Clientele - friendly staff, a lot of kicks, I don't think there's anything more to add. Bought the MJ Vans here...

Issey Miyake - Ok, I was too lazy to look at the quality of the stuff, but the designs for Spring/Summer collection are very impressive, especially the jackets. They've got a sale, but there's not much stuff there and nothing that got my interest, S/S 07 on the other hand...

nyc-01.jpg

MJ Vans Sk8 Hi

NdG Maripol t-shirt

Dior Homme wool sweater ($180, surprisingly cheap for DH)

AA hoodie

W+H tiger fleece (small, slim fit)

i saw that card case but i wasnt sure if its just cards or if it could hold a small bit of money as well, i dont like to carry cash so that might not be a problem. also, while its certifiably ill, the leather chain is not something i see myself using if its front pocket[/quote

Cash folded twice will certainly fit.

Until I got this Skull wallet I used card cases only and could always fit cash in them- and they were significantly slimmer than the Skull card case.

Guest StuckOnStupid
Some 1947 deadstocks

dsc03019uv9.jpg

what is that supposed to mean? how are they "deadstock"?

but anyway....

Wool m-65 style jacket...30 bucks from some random liquidation place

2-2.jpg

new era x upper playground boosted from urban outfitters

2.jpg

and this t-shirt by 'les minimal autistic children’(LMAC). i bought this when i was really high, but its good sober as well. never heard of the brand before i got it, but they got some dope pieces. all hand screened.

2-1.jpg

nyc-01.jpg

MJ Vans Sk8 Hi

NdG Maripol t-shirt

Dior Homme wool sweater ($180, surprisingly cheap for DH)

AA hoodie

W+H tiger fleece (small, slim fit)

I am in a powerful envy of your Nom D shirt. Does anyone know offhand if Nom D ships / how much their shirts average / anywhere else to see them?

I am in a powerful envy of your Nom D shirt. Does anyone know offhand if Nom D ships / how much their shirts average / anywhere else to see them?

do you mean nom d or nom de guerre? the shirt is nom de guerre. i believe nom d is an australian label? regardless, i think ndg does ship, although i've heard conflicting things. i think blackbird in seattle has some of those maripol shirts though.

do you mean nom d or nom de guerre? the shirt is nom de guerre. i believe nom d is an australian label? regardless, i think ndg does ship, although i've heard conflicting things. i think blackbird in seattle has some of those maripol shirts though.

Yeah, I know the difference. I was just trying to abbreviate Nom De Guerre. I'll give blackbird a call.