Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I haven't gotten a chance to stop by and get mine nice and hemmed so I experimented with a few different ways of wearing the excess.

Stacking looks ok with dunks or bigger shoes, but I think I prefer stacks with a more tapered opening.

Cuffing: didn't look that great. I'm usually like a 31-32 inseam and I had to double cuff these puppies. I ended up with a fat double cuff 3-4inch wide cuff which isn't really my look (maybe if I wore more engineer boots or rockabilly stuff)

Rolling: FINALLY! A really nice look that so far I've been pretty happy with. the roll is nice and tight, it keeps the jeans off the floor, I get to show off the selvage and it's not too wide. I've even contemplated just keeping my jeans at this length and keeping them rolled... but I would like to show off the chainstitched hem, so I'll get them hemmed whenever I get the chance, I guess

I wish I could have had mine chain stitched. I finally said whatever and took them to a local italian suit tailor.

Unfortunately, I didn't know until after I had paid that they wouldn't be ready for a week (tuesday), by when I could have just sent them off to BiG. Who knows, if I'm ever in New York maybe I'll stop by and have them cut off like a centimeter and do a proper chain stitch.

This thread / contest is looking pretty interesting already. Lots of adaptation & experimentation to the jeans to make them work and it has essentially just gotten off the ground. Its cool really to see the effort that goes into a pair of jeans when you've made the dedication to them for the year. Especially on a site where so many people have such a collection of denim. Very cool to see the focus put back on actually wearing them. Just IMHO

Cheers.

I feel like one easy way to fix the fit of the jeans is to just get them hemmed. They stack pretty weird unless you have a really slim fit. If you want them to be more form fitting just hem them to the correct size.

that's wild, and i am seriously thinking my crotch will rip within 2 months :(

its already bright blue, and everywhere else is still dark.

dude mine ripped in two days

that pissed me off so much i havent worn them since ive gotten them.

i still am going to take them to get patched but i dont want to wear them yet.

im still mad at them lol

dude mine ripped in two days

that pissed me off so much i havent worn them since ive gotten them.

i still am going to take them to get patched but i dont want to wear them yet.

im still mad at them lol

i don't know what you did in your pair, man. :confused:

the crotch area has been nice and solid on mine.

I hate that some of you are experiencing construction issues. My jeans are really solid. Other than a few loose threads I had to trim on the inner thigh, I have had no problems. I'm actually really impressed with these.

I'm scared about blowing out parts of my jeans too. When I sit indian style on my bed I can hea teh stitches making a creaking/squeaking(only way I can describe it,never heard jeans make a sound like it before) sound so I can't sit like that for fear of a blowout. And the pockets make the same sound and I can feel it stretching too far if I jam my hand all the way in to get something fast instead of slipping it in carefully

Anyone else get this sound from their seams?

I know just what you mean. On my bk's (which are substantially more broken in than my vx's), I will sometimes wiggle them down my waist an inch or two after they slip upward from prolonged periods of sitting. Made the mistake one of my first times of shoving my thumbs into my rear pockets and pushing down only to hear cccccrrreeeeeeeeaaaaa. Not a good sound -- now I push them down ever so gently.

SUFU 660 - It's front pocket rivets are too sharp, scratch my leather belt's inside.

How about yours? what can I do... grate rivets?? (^_^);;;

oh yeah, this is very normal for me for all my belts i wear with any of my jeans.

it's like your jeans get a certain "wear" from things like your wallet and keys.

my belts get a certain "wear" from my rivets. inside and outside.

and i like it. :cool: