Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

and post-wash:

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

and some close-ups:

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

front left pocket damage caused by my keys.

IMG_2270.jpg

crotch buttons are creating holes.

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

hems are starting to look a little suspect.

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

button is rusting inside.

i believe these are day 270, if i didn't count wrong. i should probably try to take some daylight shots one of these days since the night shots are coming out quite contrasty.

still beating myself on the head how in gods name I could have missed out on this contest...

Takashi san & Chicken; those look sick!

Nah - I basically got rid of the 30's and bought a 28..it fits - but due to the short rise I'm constantly checking the crotch area (what a nice thought) - so not enough room to be active - and since I bike every day - they stay home every day...sad....

i regret sizing down way too much. i was a true size 34 and got a 32, i have since gained 5 lbs and 2 crotch rips and started a diet. when i lose about 15-20 lbs i will start wearing these again, at the same time as i get the new DB contest jeans :D

I am holding out on a wash on these bad boys. But here they are is some decent light. Nice overcast day today. Color is spot on.

warehousejuly0800200130jx1.jpg

warehousejuly0800200630ab0.jpg

warehousejuly0800201930nv4.jpg

warehousejuly0800201820ga2.jpg

Guest Arcarsenal

Since we all like pictures I'll share a few from my recent trip to Wisconsin. I was up near Lake Wisconsin, a really nice place to spend a relaxing week.

These are mainly to show the fit since I haven't had too many shots of myself wearing the jeans. Please ignore my silly faces, I can't help myself :(

2684747573_a24eece417_o.jpg

2685563130_8865d8b4dc_o.jpg

2684747265_7b17deb089_o.jpg

Guest Arcarsenal

They got their first machine wash on July 4th. Before that I think they have had 2 or 3 cold soaks.

The fishing was great in Wisconsin. The lake had almost every fish you could imagine. Because of the recent floods, some parts of the river I was near were a little too shallow to fish but a good canoe ride out to the deeper parts got you a few hours of good times.

I'm horrible at taking pictures but I still wanted to make my very first update. They are 8 months old, have been washed once and have been soaked twice. My front pocket as well as the crotch are completely destroyed. I need to make a trip to the tailor quick.

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my repairs. I repaired the knee tear. It got thin from playing with my son (1.5yrs) and finally ripped. I used some new selvedge denim on the back and kinda wove it in with my jeans and tried to tie up as many of the loose weft threads as possible.

WarehouseJuly08002023_20perc.jpg

This is the repair of the bottom of my double cuff. I put the patch on the outside of my jeans so that it wasn't visible when I cuffed the jeans. I also wove in the threads so that the denim patch was somewhat woven into the jeans.

WarehouseJuly08002024_20perc.jpg

This is what it looks like from the outside.

WarehouseJuly08002025_20perc.jpg

whiskers... for tickling your momma with.

WarehouseJuly08002029_20perc.jpg

A good old rusted warehouse rivet.

WarehouseJuly08002027_20perc.jpg

since everyone else has been updating.

only initial soak.

still no wash (dirtbag)

no idea how much actual wear since i wear them sporadically now.

had a couple of crazy nights since my last update but they probably look the same.

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

wtf are you talking about? hard wear produces wear. its just cotton, not steel wool.

hard wear produces wear? o'rly? i did not know that. i thought hard wear would mean no wear at all.:rolleyes:

these jeans have shoddy construction and that's it. crotch blowouts in a couple months? even nudies aren't that bad.

Since we all like pictures I'll share a few from my recent trip to Wisconsin. I was up near Lake Wisconsin, a really nice place to spend a relaxing week.

These are mainly to show the fit since I haven't had too many shots of myself wearing the jeans. Please ignore my silly faces, I can't help myself :(

2684747573_a24eece417_o.jpg

Now that's a really perfect fit ! Evo looks dope, also:D...

• 2 weeks later...

this thread was 5 pages back??? damn!

I feel really shitty, mine have taken a back seat for about 3weeks now, after having surgery I can't really wear them ( really uncomfortable). Hopefully I'll be up and moving around in them shortly bout another week or so. Just sucks I lost a whole month.

I'm still wearing them, but I don't think there's much left to show, the butt, lap, and knees have almost no indigo left. Maybe when my D40 comes in, I'll take some more pics