Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

as a contestant it's a little disheartening to see the evolution pics without anyone trying to show where the beauty of this denim really lies.

all the pictures so far have shown a bland jean that seems to fade evenly and dare i say similar to a pair of APC's...

Not a nice thing to say considering the time people have taken to shoot pictures and post them. I don't consider my jeans bland although they aren't the best. And even if they did look like APC's that's not the worst thing in the world

sorry for however that came out, i wasn't trying to put down the photographers.

i guess i was just attempting to show the rest what they're missing from the pics, because while not the best, they are a bunch better than APC's.

and to wilkes, the train tracks are coming slowly but steadily.

but i have yet to have any lost threads in the back. however where i cuff has completely torn at the inseam.

I'm getting better train tracks than any other fade on these! My combs are almost non-existent, and the whiskers are only pronounced on one side. Still no problems with the crotch or losing any thread though. I still rotate these with my sammies though, so I'm still anticipating some blow out and problem in the future.

had a seirous crotch blow out, on both sides. it was fixed, and the inseam was stiched near the crotch. a great job all in all!

they are faing well. whiskes coming in good as well as combs. the roping on the cuff looks mean!

they are fasing perfectly.

So yesterday Seattle had an unseasonably warm and sunny day and as I picked up my jeans, I noticed the light shining through the holes in my crotch. Thought it was a cool shot to see how thin the denim's getting...

And I'm at 5 months 5 days, two initial soaks, no washes:

2413021810_17ca27b47f.jpg

Closer detail:

2412199365_9c1af6c75e.jpg

It's probably time for me to fix my right pocket:

2413025404_d9fa406455.jpg

And just some detail:

2412197699_7df587fb32.jpg

i hate to say it, but i really dont think im gonna wear mine enough to get any real fades... the fit just doesnt work for me. i really should have gone with my true size insted of sizing down one, because the thighs and crotch are too tight... they restrict movement too much. cant skate in em, and since i cant skate in em i barely wear em.

oh well... at least ill have a nice pair of jeans that should stay dark for a long time.