england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

Anyone move to wandsworth, ignore the transport issues because tube is coming soon and 24 hr tube is also coming september.

Tube will be here in the next 18 months and wandsworth priceswill rocket!

The Northern Line extension is not opening until 2020, and it's only 2 stations! Nine Elms and Battersea. I don't think it's really going to make a lot of difference to most people in Wandsworth. It seems to me that they're doing it to accommodate all the people that will flock to Nine Elms once it's finished.

5178861995_7e577f0fd4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of going to UK uni and so far I've been more inclined towards Manchester/Leeds because of the lower living expenses, but London attracts me the most to be honest. Is anyone here who can comment on that?

Edited by matttt

I am thinking of going to UK uni and so far I've been more inclined towards Manchester/Leeds because of the lower living expenses, but London attracts me the most to be honest. Is anyone here who can comment on that?

I don't know Leeds very well, but Manchester is a great city. I love London, but don't necessarily think it'd be a great place to live in while at university. Too expensive and too big. I know people who've gone to university in London and ended up living 5+ miles away from the campus. Some didn't even live in London!

I grew up in London and go to university in Manchester..

Come to Manchester and you can absolutely tear it up compared to being a scum bag in london. Much better to be a student in Manchester. Also if you are going to university of manchester it's a great experience to live in the halls

Super Future Meet up this weekend in london!!! someone put it together and i will come.

Went to uni here, regretting it. Could have stayed home and got to pay 300euros/year for the same thing, so if I had one piece of advice for a foreigner like me you either join oxbridge or you stay home and go on exchange ! The experience of being a real student abroad is great (compare to exchange) but at the end of the day Im still wondering it is totally worth it.

I now work in central london W1 in a big group but i'm even planning to take another degree now, I made some stupid choices. I should visit superpersonal asap. 

Me =  :wacko2:

Edited by Mr.Sander

• 1 month later...

what exactly is the consensus on London?

i'm planning another euro sufu trip in december. 

i was thinking about going to london for like 2 days; 5 days in stockholm.

all the sufu OGs say London totally sucks. help me out here.

i can take a week off from 19th to the 27th?

i just pulled my canada goose from my parent's place so i should be ok?

can't be any worse than montreal

It doesn't matter if you like London or not, you have to go there every few yrs to experience its rapidly changing landscape and uncivilized vomiting toothy drunkards.

I mean you know the drill, shopping + eating + galleries + clubs will be interesting even if the city is not your favourite one.

December is fine in Italy or Spain but a little bit stupid in Stockholm. Not sure why you’d want to do that. If you insist maybe do Stockholm/Gothenburg for some variety ir Iceland to really get that desolated winter feel.

It doesn't matter if you like London or not, you have to go there every few yrs to experience its rapidly changing landscape and uncivilized vomiting toothy drunkards.

I mean you know the drill, shopping + eating + galleries + clubs will be interesting even if the city is not your favourite one.

December is fine in Italy or Spain but a little bit stupid in Stockholm. Not sure why you’d want to do that. If you insist maybe do Stockholm/Gothenburg for some variety ir Iceland to really get that desolated winter feel.

i work a pretty shitty job that has a lot of blackout dates so i just gotta get out when i can

in london for the weekend only. borough/camden/shoreditch markets, worth a go? if so, which?

plan to drop by endclothing/DSM too, anywhere else?

Highly reccomend the spitafield flea in London on thursdays, for your next visit.

Otherwise co-sign on hostem and maybe broadway market for food,

make sure to check Donlon too (broadway mkt) and Claire De-Rouen (soho) if you happen to be in those parts, BAO and Spuntinos in Soho are great for food too, maybe the new OL store and Oi Polloi (kinda wack).

ICA are launching an exhibition / live show with NTS this weekend too, should be good.

Edited by NOBUYOSHI

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...