england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

yeah considering all london threads suck, i thought we'd copy herpsky's tokyo thread since that's full of great info and a great discussion in general!

so let's start with the clubbing, i've been living here for a month now:

went to koko's every friday, it's a great club if u're into indie, though everyone's gonna say it was soooo much better when it had the other name (forgot which one)

theme parties @ zoobar leicester square, like the pirate one last week, are fucking great

madam jojo, fucking sucked, some rip off horrors bands, the street in which it's located is like amsterdam though, sexcinemas ftw

metro on leiceister square, good club, kinda crappy music

some of my friends went to tigertiger on piccadilly and to fabric, but those are bit more expensive and i'm still a poor job-less student

i live in station court, south tottenham, seven sisters, which yeah sucks, but loads of nice ppl here so that makes up for it and good bus connections to central london!

anyway, discuss, add, recommend etc.

For clubbing I've been to The End and The Cross the last few times I've been down, was really impressed with both of them. The End was very busy when I was there but I suppose its to be expected when Derrick Carter is on. Is a bit of a pain in the ass to get to if you dont know where it is too !

The End - 18 West Central Street, London, WC1A 1JJ

http://www.endclub.com/news/index.php

The Cross - Arches 27 - 31, York Way, London

http://www.the-cross.co.uk/

Both of them are House / Dance clubs but I think they have a few random nights thrown in there too. I think the End is still owned by Mr C (the guy from the Shamen) he started it up as far as I can remember.

well it was fucking hilarious and drinks were cheaper then usuall so every1 was fucked up so that might ve added to the fun, my roommate tried to lose a cab driver who he owd 20 pounds to, by climbing the fence of station court, the cab driver was 6''8 hahaha it was the funniest shit...

im off to koko in a bit, anyone going?

and anyone go to pendulum @ on and on last night? i wanted to go but had uni @ 8 and had been goin out all week...

Hoxton (Boombox) = tranny central. My housemate and I hit Wet Yourself at Aquarium afterwards. Overall queerest night ever, but funner than I expected. We should arrange a meetup for Bugged Out birthday on the 20th. Noizenoizenoize! Fabric birthday weekend looks prime as well.

Hoxton (Boombox) = tranny central. My housemate and I hit Wet Yourself at Aquarium afterwards. Overall queerest night ever, but funner than I expected. We should arrange a meetup for Bugged Out birthday on the 20th. Noizenoizenoize! Fabric birthday weekend looks prime as well.

wet yourself is a rip off for such a shit club and shit music.. but it is stil pretty funny if your in good company after the boomnut... its not really that much of a tranny fest compared to the older faghag nights, its not as fun as used to be to. but hey. its home.

where are you living? im in E1.. so walking distance from dem trendys ther.

wet yourself is a rip off for such a shit club and shit music.. but it is stil pretty funny if your in good company after the boomnut... its not really that much of a tranny fest compared to the older faghag nights, its not as fun as used to be to. but hey. its home.

where are you living? im in E1.. so walking distance from dem trendys ther.

Boombox was ridiculously glam. Mad eye-makeup, clown costumes, and random Japanese boys with heels. Some he-she with a codpiece (clockwork orange steez) assaulted me onstage with his cane. My housemate's friends from Belgium DJ'ed at Boombox, and ended up getting off on eachother at Aquarium. Good company is too crucial on shit-chic nights.

Boombox was ridiculously glam. Mad eye-makeup, clown costumes, and random Japanese boys with heels. Some he-she with a codpiece (clockwork orange steez) assaulted me onstage with his cane. My housemate's friends from Belgium DJ'ed at Boombox, and ended up getting off on eachother at Aquarium. Good company is too crucial on shit-chic nights.

all them cool nipons live on pitfield just round the corner with the [ex]pineal eye gang.. pretty badass house with a well nice roof garden.. not sure what theyre all upto now since pineal closed though.. im away from london at moment, but ill be back down in a couple weeks for a lash. hear angel trumpet and devil trumbone.. you, are, invited.

all them cool nipons live on pitfield just round the corner with the [ex]pineal eye gang.. pretty badass house with a well nice roof garden.. not sure what theyre all upto now since pineal closed though.. im away from london at moment, but ill be back down in a couple weeks for a lash. hear angel trumpet and devil trumbone.. you, are, invited.

we used to go to 'cock' on wednesdays at tottenham court road, heaven, dtpm, and trade, and fabric! most are gay nights, but the music usuallty better. dont go to ministry, its a nightmare

Here's some notes:

Forget what else you heard, the best sound system in town is at Plastic People under Curtain Road.

333 always looks kinda shit these days.

Boombox and all that other 'polysexual' nonsense should definately be avoided if you're not a tranny.

T Bar is free, but full of Italian tourists and the sound system is awful.

Generally avoid the area in and outside of Cafe 1001 if you don't like Italian tourists eating dirty barbeque food.

Shoreditch House is pretty overrated once you get inside, especially on the weekend/friday nights. Probably worth it if you are in Media or enjoy a nice view of the city at night.

Although I've not been there, I'm hearing things about Melange up on Kingsland Road.

Fabric is too popular.

The Shunt space under London Bridge station is normally good for a few beers. Run by one of London's nicest theatre & dance companies, who throw some interesting installation pieces in the massive cavernous space. Also, if you're looking for somewhere quiet to have a couple of drinks before going out in Old Street try to find the Smersh bar, one of the few places still owned by Acid Jazz's Eddie Pillar.

If it's a bit of rock/metal you're after you can do no wrong (unless in the eyes of the locals you're dressed wrongly and don't give them some back chat in return) with the Crobar - a splendid dive with the best metal jukebox.

sounds like someone got stuck in the ques :o

plastic people is good.. i havent been in a while but used to frequent fwd..

boombox is good.. fuck all wrong with trannies.

Here's some notes:

Forget what else you heard, the best sound system in town is at Plastic People under Curtain Road.

333 always looks kinda shit these days.

Boombox and all that other 'polysexual' nonsense should definately be avoided if you're not a tranny.

T Bar is free, but full of Italian tourists and the sound system is awful.

Generally avoid the area in and outside of Cafe 1001 if you don't like Italian tourists eating dirty barbeque food.

Shoreditch House is pretty overrated once you get inside, especially on the weekend/friday nights. Probably worth it if you are in Media or enjoy a nice view of the city at night.

Although I've not been there, I'm hearing things about Melange up on Kingsland Road.

Fabric is too popular.

my new favourite is borderline, somewhere on totten ham court i think. dirty small place with good music. 90% boys so keep your girls close to you, but its worth it, the music is the best ive heard

i used to go to the ditch in shoreditch every friday when modular have their parties but im to lazy for that nowdays, probably some of the best liveacts per penny, dj mehdi, van she tech, busy p etc. for 5 quid.

i dont understand why people hate fabric so much, yeah its commercial but the djs are some of the best you will ever experience, and their live acts are often good. i liked turnmill as well even if if i dont remember a shit from the one time i was there, a fucking maze though!