The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

hey guys, not really a denim head but would def like to start a new pair. anyways got these about 3 yrs ago... however! i really did not wear that much and i treated them like a normal person treats their jeans wash every few times.. anyways ive been wearing them pretty hard for the last 4-5mths i wish i had before and after shots.. b/c these were not the jeans i had 5 mths ago.. hope u like

1563767350_d006000d2a_b.jpg1563781264_babca6d4d0_b.jpg

Pure Blue XX-003s at 8 months or so. The first pics are here.

These have a couple more soaks and a couple warm washes, warm dries in them. The crotch has started to go, I can't keep the crotch in my jeans for some reason, but Gordon did some repairs and I think they'll hold for a while longer, at least until the next contest. Indirect, natural light and you can click on the pics for larger images.

front.jpgback.jpg

lap.jpgcombs.jpg

wallet.jpgvert.jpg

roping.jpg

I really wish PBJ made something to fit my body type, using that denim... everything they have seems so slim... ahhh a man can dream

Awesome PBJ's, Very unique combs... awesome.

Those XX-003 are actually not slim at all. They are regular cut just like 1947 canes and levi's 501. Check the BIG site for measurements.

drift ... im a fat-ass in this forum with a true waist size between 34-35. i have the 005's and 008's, which is a slimmer fit up top than the 003's and they work out just fine. in fact, i get more compliments when i wear those then when i wear my oni's or fc's. bigger guys never be afraid. just stay the fuck away from anything nudie makes that begins with "slim."

Sid those look amazing. How did you wash the jeans, machine and detergent? Hot/cold water???

Thanks.

Machine wash, Tide detergent (amount is usually by eye), warm cycle, then permanent press in the dryer.

wow those iron hearts look incredible. how long have you been wearing them? i really can't say i've seen iron hearts that faded before. leather patch look especially good

The pictures all had a flash because i wanted to emphasize the fading. The denim is still pretty dark. I've worn every day for 6 months. Things that i've done in 'em: Went to Baja California Sur for a month (it was fucking hot as hell and I was the only one not wearing shorts), I work in a chemistry lab so I can wear these every day all day, drunk nights, biking, etc etc. I want them to fade like the ones at Self Edge. Those are truly awesome.

Man, I never thought I would like PBJs, but the slub is starting to take me over. Those PBJs look nice. I didn't like extremely slubby jeans, but I think I am drifting toward the dark side.

DSC_0268.jpg

funny to say, but these are the first honeycombs i've ever seen on iron hearts. :cool:

i can tell there are some very hard wears on these, but they're still stubbornly refusing to become very contrasty. would love to see how these develop over next six months. and maybe more.

great job.

I have these pictures saved on my computer, these are the best pair of IH's I've ever seen. I think they are from rebirth. IH even say on their website that they purposely made the denim to fade slowly since it gives a better contrast with time. So don't give up on them, keep wearing them hard and I'm sure they'll turn out great.

20kt2.jpg

21pb6.jpg

Man, I never thought I would like PBJs, but the slub is starting to take me over. Those PBJs look nice. I didn't like extremely slubby jeans, but I think I am drifting toward the dark side.

its funny how it grows on you. my first experience with slubby jeans was the Oni shoai (sold now due to weight loss). but yeah, when i first got them i was like -- huh. then i found myself rubbing my jeans while in class (yeah, okay ... like none of you do that). anyway, now i can't get enough of slubby jeans.