The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Guest jeffvyain
nice lap fade, but seems like there was a little doctoring going on..
post production contrast enhancement? not sure what you're implying. i can see that though, though for a lot of people, you can't blame them...lots of consumer cameras do this on their own

nice lap fade, but seems like there was a little doctoring going on..

Dr. Bronners...Okay bad joke. Anyway thanks for the replies, most of the fading was done when I was working on my car or when I was spending time at the beach with the lady.

Time to start working on Flatheads. Another year for another post.

Ben

Dr. Bronners...Okay bad joke. Anyway thanks for the replies, most of the fading was done when I was working on my car or when I was spending time at the beach with the lady.

Time to start working on Flatheads. Another year for another post.

Ben

out of curiousity, what dr. bronners is used for washing jeans? just the liquid soap? or, is there a detergent available somewhere? i'd like to try this out with my current pair before i begin washing them.

out of curiousity, what dr. bronners is used for washing jeans? just the liquid soap? or, is there a detergent available somewhere? i'd like to try this out with my current pair before i begin washing them.

It is just the regular liquid soap.

this may be interesting to some:

these are my levi's capital e matchsticks that I've worn on and off, whenever I feel like it, so there isn't any significant wear on 'em. They're also sized up, so the fade is pretty subtle and undefined. I'd thought I'd try and capture their color, because it is a bit unusual and my friend happened to leave his slr in my car.

If I remember correctly, these jeans have a blackcast over some unusual indigo dye (details are hazy, I bought these jeans right when I was getting into raw denim), so they look pretty different depending on what kind of light is shining on 'em. see for yourself:

levi1.jpg

tried to show the difference in colors with this one, and it is pretty accurate.

levi3.jpg

This is really close to the actual color of the jeans.

levi2.jpg

This one really shows the color of the black cast, plus the overal fade.

Kind of a shitty evo, but I really wanted to use this slr while I had it!

Can't comment on the stretch, cause I sized up on them.

Here's a fit pic:

waywt092007.jpg

they're supposed to be a skinny straight fit, but I wear them a size bigger and sagged for a sloppy look (that's right, I actually try to look sloppy!).

RRL slim selvedge started wearing em late july [30th i beleive]

worn for 2.5 months then a quick 20 minute cycle in the washer

I wear em basically everyday...but in all, prolly like 2.5 months of total wear

first pic is most accurate for color and contrast

30lcftd.jpg

noda44.jpg

2vj645v.jpg

412kx.jpg

when the natural light comes out ill take some better full length shots

This is a pair of Levi's 519 premiums that I bought last January and wore every day for about 6 months...after one wash at 6 months they shrank (I didn't know anything about denim back then and got them hemmed) so I now use them as PJ's...not exactly the nicest jeans compared to all the ones you see on here daily but they mean a lot to me as they were my first raw's before I even knew what I was getting myself into...btw, forgive these shots, it was the best I could do...

No flash

IMG_5106-1.jpg

Closest to real color

IMG_5111.jpg

bad detail shot

IMG_5119.jpg

Guest jeffvyain
seriously? those things are fading so fast imo. I skate in em so they get pretty gross sometimes....air drying and a bottle of febreez doesnt fix everything

i swear febreez only makes shit stink more. airing them out is the best way to go aside from washing. they look good though kix. nice to see some good non-japanese brand denim being worn in (not that i don't love my japanese brands, cuz i do...a lot)

i swear febreez only makes shit stink more. airing them out is the best way to go aside from washing. they look good though kix. nice to see some good non-japanese brand denim being worn in (not that i don't love my japanese brands, cuz i do...a lot)

agreed about febreez. a little sun never hurt either.

and also agreed about good to see something most people don't wear. (as i'm rocking the same jeans 200 other kids are going to be wearing around here.) looking real good kix.

This is a pair of Levi's 519 premiums that I bought last January and wore every day for about 6 months...after one wash at 6 months they shrank (I didn't know anything about denim back then and got them hemmed) so I now use them as PJ's...not exactly the nicest jeans compared to all the ones you see on here daily but they mean a lot to me as they were my first raw's before I even knew what I was getting myself into...btw, forgive these shots, it was the best I could do...

im liking how these are turning out, if im not mistaken the premium levis use broken twill. im also assuming that these are not selvedge. +

and also agreed about good to see something most people don't wear. (as i'm rocking the same jeans 200 other kids are going to be wearing around here.) looking real good kix.

yeah im kinda glad i opted not to do the contest......

thanks for the comments guys

the antimicrobial kind (orange cap) is the only one that works, as it actually kills bacteria

i've found it does the trick pretty well, but i agree the rest are worthless

anyway, kix, like i said a few pages back, those are dope

someone (whodini i think) compared the denim to apc, but i don't think that's really accurate

the new rrls have definitely got a purplish cast, so i understand why it brings apc to mind, but it's much more complex

it's especially apparent after a wash

nice work, keep us posted as always