The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Tragicbliss. can i ask what are the main activities you do in your daily life to get such a defined wear, sport? a physicle job?.

cant be just normal walking and simple everyday movements for 6months, or is it?

Quote:

^^xviralx: 29 is going to be too big on you. you'll a want a 27, i think. maybe even a 26 if you wear your jeans tight. (fyi: my waist measures about 33.5 just above the hips, and i wear a 30 in the NS)

--- Original message by snugglepony on May 9, 2006 11:12 AM

wow ok ill try getting 27 i guess. What i want is actually slim/skinny jeans not TIGHT...u know i dun like having denim stuck to my skin 24/7. And also what did u do for the first wash? im afraid your washing pattern was what made those 30s fit ur 33 waist(not saying ur washing is no good)...im new to raw denim and going 3 inches down my waist seems a little scary...btw am i supposed to wash it when i get them brand new? cuz wont it shrink even more? not sure if i can even WEAR them to break them in and let them stretch..thanks for advice

Quote:

xviralx you should get a 26. my 27s measure 31.5 but could probably stretch a little more.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 10, 2006 03:03 AM

wow...but how do u even FIT IN after the first soak...assuming i buy 26...i soak em and they become 25 or less? thats more than 5 inches less than my normal waist...wouldnt it make them unwearable?

how am i even gonna put them on to let them stretch out?btw i remember people telling my the standards are black? but i see the new standards on the forum appear to be blue/dark blue?

btw been reading up on sugar canes and are they really superior to APC? i see interesting fadings(from pics) just after a few months compared to 6-8 months on APCs...not sure how im gonna get them though since i live in singapore...anyone know a middleman service?

thanks

(still focusing on APCs as i can get them off the shelf in singapore)

size 26 will measure 29-30", they dont fit like they're tagged, so dont worry. they wont shrink much, and even if they shrink too much for you, they will stretch out again, no worries.

you said you can get APCs in stores, just go and try on a couple of sizes. you might even wanna get the 25s, depends on how you like them to fit.

yes, japanese brands generally have better denim than all other brands. APC's can look good obviously, but there are better brands. if you like the fit of apc new standards you should probably get the flat head 3001 or samurai s0505xx, use rakuten.co.jp to search for them.

order through bid-service.jp or xcoldricex on this forum.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Quote:

size 26 will measure 29-30", they dont fit like they're tagged, so dont worry. they wont shrink much, and even if they shrink too much for you, they will stretch out again, no worries.

you said you can get APCs in stores, just go and try on a couple of sizes. you might even wanna get the 25s, depends on how you like them to fit.

yes, japanese brands generally have better denim than all other brands. APC's can look good obviously, but there are better brands. if you like the fit of apc new standards you should probably get the flat head 3001 or samurai s0505xx, use rakuten.co.jp to search for them.

order through bid-service.jp or xcoldricex on this forum.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 10, 2006 03:57 AM

very imformative post...THANK you...well i haven tried the new standards yet but i am looking for skinny jeans...and i would prefer either dark blue or black jeans...ill spend some time on rakuten.co.jp to try and find a nice pair. Recommendations would be nice...i found the samurai s0505xx on rakuten.co.jp

http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/services/SH0gfCf2o9dMM3pfk3AAI4Wr9a11Fdrnz/translation?wl_srclang=JA&wl_trglang=en&wl_rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fesearch.rakuten.co.jp%2Frms%2Fsd%2Fesearch%2Fvc%3Fsv%3D2%26sitem%3Dsamurai%2Bs0505xx&wl_url=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2F2nd%2Fsj-s0505xx%2F

however im not sure about the sizing...but he seems to be out of stock for the smaller sizes which will probably fit me...anyway im not serious about buying those.

these look sweet :D

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/460157/597194/492483/

anyway i will get back to you guys after ive checked out my local store which stock APC. Thanks for all the advice everyone...really helped me

damn those wranglers are nice...

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Nice jeans everyone! I've come to the conclusion that warehouse duckdiggers are REALLY nice denim, I only wish their cinch-back styles had selvage outseams. AND my next pair of jeans will be authentic vintage-style wranglers or Japanese wrangler repros. I think SDA, and Warehouse makes the repros, anyone know of other Japanese brands that also do wrangler?

kumo, after your eternal's i really want a pair.. or two..haha..they look nuts!

and for crisis, keep beating up your cane's they look ridiculous..nicely done!

thanks all for your kind remarks.. i'm currently wearing my duckdiggers like no tomorrow and as you can see hard results in only one weeks time