The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^

I definitely don't put a lot of stress on my jeans. I don't downsize much, I have a lazy office job, etc. I think most people would put this much wear on them in 6 months, yes. Also these didn't change much in the last 4 months or so, I could have probably washed them at 1 year and they would have looked exactly the same as this.

From what I can tell, APC benefits from not washing because 1)they seem to have a lot of starch in them at the factory and 2)they are fairly lightweight. If you wash them, they kind of go limp, they seriously feel about 20% lighter now, I wish I had weighed them before and after to see if actual mass came off.

I could have gone longer without washing, but I thought it was just getting a little ridiculous explaining to people why. There were no odors, they didnt look dirty, the fit was already perfect.

But now I like them even more, they are softer, the fading will be slower from now on and the color is this slightly purplish cast instead of the OEM grayish blue color. I will probably soak them once every couple months to keep them clean.

Guest jeffvyain

APCs are definitely a great beginner jean, but i completely agree with you that after a wash, they go limp. mine also got a kinda weird rough, sandpapery texture to them that was not some much "tough" as they were when they started, but just kinda weird and even a little brittle feeling. That's the main difference I saw when moving up to the Japanese stuff. Now, my jeans just get soft, and they're still heavy as crap, but ridiculously comfortable...something I can definitely wear every day

Home on spring break, here are my dbirds I just washed em after six months worn just about every day. They were rained on all the time in seattle so I probably lost a bunch of indigo from that.

pre-wash:

prewholefront.jpg

prezoom.jpg

prebackpockets2.jpg

precombs.jpg

honeycombs?

inthewash.jpg

the water got a lot darker after this.

post wash:

postfront.jpg

postbackpockets.jpg

finally moving on to my pbjs now

Home on spring break, here are my dbirds I just washed em after six months worn just about every day. They were rained on all the time in seattle so I probably lost a bunch of indigo from that.

pre-wash:

prewholefront.jpg

prezoom.jpg

prebackpockets2.jpg

precombs.jpg

honeycombs?

inthewash.jpg

the water got a lot darker after this.

post wash:

postfront.jpg

postbackpockets.jpg

finally moving on to my pbjs now

rice.

what in the world caused such a big hole at the backpocket :confused:

Too many hundreds in my wallet.

It actually started as a small hole from a button up wallet but then i switched to a tri-fold and it just blew up. Then my wallet got caught on a chair and caused the hole you see. I was too lazy to patch it up when it was small and I paid the price. Oh well.

Some others asked were more interested in the belt than the jeans. Denihilist was correct in that it's a ICR-Deth Killers belt. Bought it about 2 years ago and worn it every day since. The flash on the camera kind of enhanced the redness of the belt, but it is indeed a nice quality belt. It's not too boring but not too flashy at the same time. The back portion of the belt is supposed to fade to say 'Deth Killers' but it never came through.

Looking at the pictures of my jeans really highlights just how dirty they really are. I think I'm going to wash them this weekend.

stfuken - Your honeycombs (it's weird using this word) look more like.. honey...lines? What I'm trying to say is that I've never seen wrinkles behind the knee that were so... straight.

Weird.

my april 77s look exactly the same, so the skinner the fit, the straighter the lines. i guess

It's not just the skinny fit, jeans with elastane in such as April 77 and Denimbirds form flatter honeycombs... check out girls in skinny jeans and you see combs like that all the time.

My Rakers, on the other hand which are rigid as hell have super dense, jagged combs, as opposed to the flat, soft combs of stretch skinnies.