The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

thanks for the kind words and rep everyone! i'll see about getting some fit pics after the wash.

thank god i made it in before soonami posted his 660s again! soooo good.

i'm gonna have to go check up on some details in the sidxbeats thread - looking great!

poly - those AWs are looking better and better... i was gonna ask if they were cone denim. looking at the photos, the denim reminded me a lot of my LVCs. cone denim definitely just gets better and better...

This is my first post to the evo thread. I've been wearing the relatively obscure MiJ brand Burgus for the past year. Thought you guys might be interested in seeing how they evolved. Burgus is Hinoya's house brand, the denim is 13oz and comes in one-wash, patch is deerskin leather, and a pair of Lot. 770 will set you back about $130

Burgus Lot. 770 at 1month, 5months (post 1st wash) and 13months (post 6th wash).

5099161441_02ffaa9ecd_z.jpg

The following pics are X-posted from the Burgus by Hinoya thread

Post 6th wash front & back

5096987972_3cfd781d43_z.jpg

Lovely vintage fades. The denim has stubbornly held onto it's blue

5095300489_a2ecafcdd2_z.jpg

Knuckle scraping pockets lead to the pocket bags tearing faster than they should. I'll repair this soon & post updates

5095298843_5830149221_z.jpg

Busted in-seam. My dahon did this

5095896378_c4396899a5_z.jpg

Ropes beginning to fray. Looks like I lost some of my chainstitching as well. I usually roll my ankles up so I suspect this happened in the wash.

5095894402_b2764c5dbe_z.jpg

Subtle interior fade on the selvedge. That pink thread gives me a kick every time.

5095892786_6a0d96afe1_z.jpg

Wallet burn & busted arcs. Who would've thought my ass could create a thing of such beauty?

5095292955_63f3fd82ca_z.jpg

Handing the baton over to the Burgus tour group now. Looking forward to seeing those guys complete the evo journey! Wear em into the ground!

This my attempt at going full circle in the denim world... I've gone back to the basics and decided to break down a pair of Levis STF's. 4 months one wash at 3. These are going to be retired soon and I'll go back to a couple pairs of Sam's that I have to kill. enjoy....

-3285.jpg

-3286.jpg

-3294.jpg

-3289.jpg

thanks guys. And yea... I was amazed at how fast STFs wore down compared to premium Japanes brands. The denim is thinner and the color comes off pretty fast. But they still faded way beyond what I was expecting.

thanks guys. And yea... I was amazed at how fast STFs wore down compared to premium Japanes brands. The denim is thinner and the color comes off pretty fast. But they still faded way beyond what I was expecting.

wow. amazing.

what was the wash/wear specs on these?

my LVC 1947's:

prewash:

81791807.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

before i undid the stitching...

IMG_0585.jpg

(note, legs are heavily rolled up because it was a hot summer day...i am not a midget)

460ff9e8.jpg

3868a8de.jpg

post wash after i undid the stitching...

IMG_0636.jpg

new 710's in the bg...these 47's are basically retired

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

worn: ~2years

washed: 1 soak & 1 shower wash

these really deserve a better camera than an iphone