The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

These are my APCs - I haven't worn them for a couple years now but I never got/posted good shots of them - they probably worked out to be about 14 or so months

DSC_8938.JPG

DSC_8939.JPG

did you spray starch on them hourly or what? How is it that your honeycombs go all the way down to like the middle of your calves? No matter how well I start off with my stacking around the knees and ankles, eventually the weight of the denim makes everything fall and I'll have like at most 6-7 lines of honeycombs....never these large areas of honeycombs like you guys do

it all depends on your fit. and those aren't the middle of his calves

Long time lurker, first time posting.

Those APCS lucass. OMGGG

anyways..

X-Post from Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

Levi 501s STF worn for about 22 months

1 Soak

Feedback please!!

DSCN9353.jpg

DSCN9355.jpg

DSCN9352.jpg

feedback? Less kneebags please.
i hope you havent been walking around looking like that for 22 months.
Yeah, cuff that shit or hem them.

How did these not get any positive feedback?

I think the jeans just fell awkwardly in the fit pic because the rest of the fit looks spot on to me; those are some great vintage fades.

In fact, they look like a carbon copy of my 3sixteens in terms of fit and fades.

I guess there's no love for inexpensive denim that doesn't produce high contrast fades, that isn't sized down :rolleyes:

The fades are pretty good and I agree the hostility is over done, however those jeans badly need a soak. The extent of the kneebags is ridiculous at this point.

Also, while I'm not one for telling the next guy how to wear his jeans, I would make the point that one soak in 22 months is definitely not enough to keep denim in good condition. I think there is a direct link between the fact that these have seen so little water and the fact that his combs are cracking.

But like I said, each to his own.

i've seen plenty of long worn rustlers, comfort action sports( k-mart brand) and other $30 or less jeans that have super sick fades at home depot all the time. i saw a truck driver at work 2 days ago with the illest 501 STF jawns, you just easily tell they wore worn for years without any care given to wash or anything else. and you can tell that they were raw when first worn. straight dope shit. the cost of a denim means nothing(really!) in comparison to long-term wear.

How did these not get any positive feedback?

I think the jeans just fell awkwardly in the fit pic because the rest of the fit looks spot on to me; those are some great vintage fades.

In fact, they look like a carbon copy of my 3sixteens in terms of fit and fades.

I guess there's no love for inexpensive denim that doesn't produce high contrast fades, that isn't sized down :rolleyes:

Dude, the knee bags are pretty extreme. Your last comment is also unwarranted considering my next post was about how I wanted a pair of Rustlers. Also, a pretty large contingent of posters on here support more vintage-looking fades.

PeterParker the hell are you talking about? its not about the price.... there are plenty of inexpensive jeans in this thread to prove you wrong... its just the knee bags are horrible and personally to me, it looks like he pinched the hell out of them as well but i could be wrong.

Whoa, I didn't intend to offend anyone who I quoted. I respect kix and jstavrin as SuFu posters and wasn't trying to stir shit up.

I was merely stating that some nicely faded Levi's STF's that had been worn for nearly two years only garnered some comments about knee bags. Meanwhile, every pair of Sams or FH worn for a year or less with high contrast, tight combs and stacks gets people all wet and an entire page of positive comments.

Now let's get back to pictures of worn in jeans:

r0010090.jpg

r0010091.jpg

r0010095.jpg

r0010093.jpg

r0010097.jpg

sup kix

r0010100.jpg

Crosspost from KMW thread

Well, I've owned my KMWs since May of '08 I believe, and though I couldnt wear them on weekdays for most of that time, and theyve had competition from a pair of skulls and pbjs, they have been my go to jeans for the most part. Recently, they have gotten less wear simply because they seem to rip every other time I wear them (as I'm sure you can gather from the pictures). Enjoy.

KMW1.jpg

KMW2.jpg

KMW3.jpg

KMW4.jpg

Torn 2nd buttonhole

KMW5.jpg

KMW6.jpg

KMW7.jpg

Multiple ass rips and repirs

KMW8.jpg

multiple crotch rips and repairs

KMW9.jpg

Inside shot of all the repairs that have gone into keeping these jeans functional

KMW10.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload. Color is fairly accurate throughout the pictures, though a lot of the fading is actually more contrasted in real life. Especially the shot around the front pocket fading. Theyre in the wash right now because they smell weird like some sort of metal, and ass.

samurai 500. worn for a while. i dont wear them much these days cos theyre kinda fragile now. whatever though. good summer jeans.

4831781877_157771b0ab.jpg

4832392904_b64aa5b544.jpg

Apc Rescues that i turned into shorts.. i wear these a lot. time to repair the crotch though. :(

4832389308_dcf71cbe09.jpg

4832390516_ca721a2c93.jpg