The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

It's been awhile since i posted anything so here are my dry bones. About 15-16 months of wear and i have forgotten how many times i washed them. Time for them to be retired since i can barely fit into them now. Sorry for the picture overload!!!!

img9244p.jpg

img9245j.jpg

img9247y.jpg

img9250x.jpg

img9249f.jpg

img9251.jpg

img9252h.jpg

Cross-post from samurai thread.

And here are my s710xx. Worn ~10 months.

IMGP6508.JPG

IMGP6515.JPG

Knee repair. I like when wear wraps around the whole leg.

IMGP6510.JPG

IMGP6511.JPG

IMGP6523.JPG

IMGP6528.JPG

IMGP6533.JPG

Honeycomb wearing through on the reverse. That's always fun.

IMGP6541.JPG

Washed once during first 8 months. Then I decided the wear was satisfactory, and that it was time to turn them into light-blue jeans. Since then they've been machine-washed ~4 times.

So, I've only been posting for a couple months, and I don't know that everyone will agree with this, but I think I've noticed a kind of maturation in taste over the time I've been around. Certainly my taste has matured a lot with the influence of all you very tasteful folks. But generally I'm noticing things like: jokes about stereotypical sufuers always sizing down 2; a subtle (but I think noticeable) increased interest in wider jeans; a certain disbelief expressed at the super duper contrasty fades people achieve. (I'm sure this stuff has been going on for longer than just a few months; that's just how long I've been reading.)

I love my jeans unconditionally, but now that I have some actual knowledge about how blue jeans "work," I know that I'd prefer a pair that weren't always chewing on my nuts. I do not need my jeans to turn my cellphone off for me because the pockets are so tight. I will definitely be more moderate from here on out. And I look forward to machine washing these into submission, now that I have foundational fades laid in.