The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

grail status for shoes and items usually associated with HB, means they are the special model you hunted for. they are just your personal grail. like if you hunted on yahoo.jp for some old Supleme shit that was a special collaboration with some obscure artist. and actually found it.

Nike works well as an example. they have a few hundred styles available any given year. and people search for their own personal grail, as opposed to people here buying the same products and "customizing" them with their wear. Searching for a grail as opposed to making a grail.

Posting these for a yoyo-ing friend of mine that doesn't do Superfuture, i thought they came out really so we had them photographed.

He's lurking... just waiting for admins to activate his account or something. This is one of those uncommon instances where the jawnz look way more gnarly in person (and worn) than in photographs.

i respect the jeans, but i really dont like the look of those. i may not get a pair of SCs now

yeah, i guess ive never seen a fully faded sugar fiber pair

yeah, i guess ive never seen a fully faded sugar fiber pair

FWIW, the Okinawa and Edo Ai denims look and fade totally differently from the Hawaii denim. I can't seem to wrap my head around the Hawaii denim. Even after it fades, it looks very blotchy, almost like a mediocre garment dyeing. But, it's pretty obvious they aren't garment dyed. How does this happen??:confused:

Even the Hawaii denim on my MFSCs look that way, only darker. The bright indigo is gorgeous, though.

cheers for the reps and comments gents! can't wait to see what these look like a year from now.

@ satya, I did a few hot soaks and very gentle hand wash for the first 6 months. now I just wash every 4-6 wks, whenever they get grimy, some hand, some machine. all with a little Dr. Bronner's.

You might have heard about the Holy Grail -mythology, where the hero must prove himself worthy to be in its presence (the holy grail that is). The Grail is a symbol of God's grace, available to all but only fully realized by those who prepare themselves spiritually and mentally.

As in denim, it usually refers to an exceptionally well worn pair whose wearer has proven himself both spiritually and mentally by achieving such a great task, thus realizing the "holy grail". So the jeans themself are referred to have "grail status".

If buddhist mythology were used the jeans would be called to have a "Buddha status", you got the point.

I'm not sure about how some sneakers could be "grail"-anything. It's most likely severe misuse of the term and should be punished with the wrath of god (or reborn as a lowly worm in buddhist case).

Though, if you ask me "grail" and such are something barely unreachable which one should try to reach and doing so they better their life and lifes of others (and in the process they have nice jeans...). So maybe next time the jeans could be "close to grail status"? :)

thanks for this reply. i am fully educated on the religious aspects of the term, but just really unclear as to why people use it in a consumerist way since it doesn't really apply.

but thanks much! reppppped