The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Washed these again yesterday, dunno how many washes that makes it - probably about 20. Had them for about 23 months.

2646933559_8c6e398189.jpg

2647768110_49446b2ee1.jpg

2647771408_80c4bc58e1.jpg

2646944393_0459931802.jpg

2647776322_f79ebbbfc3.jpg

2647782466_ba7eef1e14.jpg

Haven't worn my Sugarcanes or Iron Hearts in a while, need to get both of them hemmed. Might think about buying a new pair of Sammies soon though - don't know whether to stay with the VX fabric or if I should try one of the other ones.

Nice SExI04s

I'm at 5 months no wash, your pics definitely tempt me to but I'm gonna try and hold out for a year

Yeah I intended to hold out for a year, but skating + crazy humidity made them smell really terrible, so I had to wash.

APC NS 6 months 1 wash, as we speak they are rolling around in the machine for their second wash. pics tonight or tomorrow depending on how fast they dry

APCNS-6moPrewash1.jpg

APCNS-6moPrewash2.jpg

Update: minimal change, just a richer blue now which i like

APCNS-6moPostwash1.jpg

APCNS-6moPostwash2.jpg

Sugar Cane Hand Loomed Style

Worn for 6 months, every day.

Washed 12 times, every two weeks.

kiya_hl_01.jpg

kiya_hl_02.jpg

kiya_hl_03.jpg

kiya_hl_04.jpg

kiya_hl_05.jpg

kiya_hl_06.jpg

kiya_hl_07.jpg

kiya_hl_08.jpg

kiya_hl_09.jpg

Photos by SidneyLo

Washed these again yesterday, dunno how many washes that makes it - probably about 20. Had them for about 23 months.

2646933559_8c6e398189.jpg

2647768110_49446b2ee1.jpg

2647771408_80c4bc58e1.jpg

2646944393_0459931802.jpg

2647776322_f79ebbbfc3.jpg

2647782466_ba7eef1e14.jpg

Haven't worn my Sugarcanes or Iron Hearts in a while, need to get both of them hemmed. Might think about buying a new pair of Sammies soon though - don't know whether to stay with the VX fabric or if I should try one of the other ones.

try the regular sammy denim in 15 oz or 19 oz youll love them or even the 21oz

X-post from Contest thread

8 months

2643761704_0805df4de7.jpg

I have been recording every wash/rinse, which turned out to be not that many. There was one soak at three months, a wash at around 6 and another soak just the other day at 8 months

Front Back:

2643753600_4dd5affaef.jpg2643757566_824476680e.jpg

Lap:

2642979535_cf08e0d2c9.jpg

Crotch Wear and Repair:

2643758984_cba627ebb6.jpg

2642932111_9f33f1cf9a.jpg

Bonus Topless Pic of me at the beach rinsing them:

2642988699_88b2be171a.jpg

Bears x Eternal

Update, probably about 2-3 washes and many soaks. Probably about a year of wear. I do not know if I am doing something wrong, but resizing and uploading one at a time seems to take me forever (ok, I know see the resize on tinypic, but can you upload more than one at a time?). Also, it seems as my photography has not evolved with the jeans. Hope you get the idea. I will try to take daylight rather than sunset pics soon.

313obyh.jpg

1z3cqq8.jpg

1zwoyg2.jpg

8ycqdg.jpg

2r2chvk.jpg

34ypq9s.jpg

2d8hli.jpg

21aiz45.jpg

these were your "most expensive pair" $750 sugarcanes?

No, those were Sugar Cane Hand Loomed jeans.. made on a 130 year old wooden loom powered by hand. I have a pair of those, but have never worn them out of the house, and yes, they retailed for ~$750.

The jeans pictured above are Sugar Cane Hand Loomed Style jeans; SC was inspired by the original denim and made their own version on electric powered vintage looms where the shuttle would reset it's tension a few notches down between every shuttle reset to achieve an extremely loosly woven denim.

slush, way to rep ol' virginny!!!

johnboy, stick to the sams you have.

i'll have to see the 900 dollar canes, cause these (as far as hand/texture) arent impressive to me @all. but i guess you have to see them in person...in dudes house.

lil david just might win the contest, or fookums

soonami, and l.leroy, your denims are most impressive

Are you able to post fit pics please? I'm intruiged how the crotch hasn't gone on them - are they quite loose? Amazing jeans regardless

Just back after 1 week and too many good stuff on this site!!!!

salaami, I just saw your updates of your hard worn baby. I just start loving them more and more, go pon keeping them alive for some more years, they deserve it,

rnrswitch, Your jeans still have a sort of the crazy unwashed raw denim shine.

You're both my denim heroes of the month!!!¨ Go keep wearing them the hard way for another long time. I want to see them burning down till at the end. They deserve to live forever

HellaHyphy121, Scaught, lilldavid, Leonard Leroy, Your denim stuff is super great and I want to see the aging evolution on them for another long time

poly800rock Try to hold out as long as possible not to wash your sammies. They have a super great fading potential. I 'll wait for next updates.

Same for hamburga's APC!!!!, and also the pants from epitaph220 . They both have such a great fading potential!!!!

AAAAhhhhhh, if I just could get in touch of all this stuff. It's killing mee, I'm to much denim addicted.

swissfreak, thanks for the kudos. these will see like 8 more months, but ill post updates in like 4mos or so. i did do another knee repair, but nothing post-worthy.

i love the idea of someone all the way in sweden admiring my jeans, but im so attached, that i couldn't give them away...

timb, nice nudies! i saw another nice pair a few pages back. good shit.

swissfreak, thanks for the kudos. these will see like 8 more months, but ill post updates in like 4mos or so. i did do another knee repair, but nothing post-worthy.

i love the idea of someone all the way in sweden admiring my jeans, but im so attached, that i couldn't give them away...

timb, nice nudies! i saw another nice pair a few pages back. good shit.

It's funny that you say "someone all the way from sweden" because I work with a couple of swiss guys and they hate when Americans confuse Switzerland with sweden. I do it on purpose now just to piss them off.

Swiss freak, I will be in Switzerland on business (lucerne) and might have a day to kick it in Zurich. I was thinking about possibly stopping buy the museum if I have time. I will be there the 26th of July to the 3rd of Aug. During the Swiss independence celebration. Also, thanks for the big ups on my jeans. I will be wearing these babies for atleast 4-6 more months.