The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

a triangular leather snap together coin purse. you can see the snaps at one corner.

note for you: these are kind of lazy in shrinking if you just hot soak, but if you throw them in the hot washer, they really shrink well. a full 3 inches inseam and 1-1.5 inches waist. (will stretch back out .75-1")

I rivet came off the pocket of my Skull 5010 last yearish. It really disappointed me as I had spent a chunk load of change on them. Super high quality Japanese jeans right?

I ended up emailing Kiya and he said I could have them mailed back to Fab Four or I could get a discount on another jean. I wasn't really looking for anything and I had just bought some new jeans from him but I took up the discount option for future review knowing how long Fab Four could take.

Anyways, I emailed Fab Four and emailed them pictures explaining the occurrence.

I sent a very simple English email and Japanese machine translated copy.

This is what I received:

Dear John xxxx-san,

thank you for your inquiry.

of course, we are happy to repair your 5010XX :)

we would you like to know the situation of damage first of all.

so, could you send us the photograph?

and please tell us the country and the region where you live.

we might advance the method that doesn't send to Japan.

because, the shipping cost is the responsibility of the customer.

and, the shipping cost is not come cheap...

If you would like to know anything more, then please contact us anytime.

Best regards,

FAB FOUR

Then I sent pictures and said I could probably find someone to fix them locally:

sk5.jpg

Then I got

Dear John xxxx-san

thank you for your reply.

OK, we will send the original rivets by the air mail.

you will receive it in about a week.

please wait until then.

So a couple days later this showed up in my mailbox:

sk4a.jpg

Inside was a small poster type lookbook and some other papers and two brand new rivets.

I went to a tailor that said they could do it and when I came back the next day they told me they had broken one of them and they did not wish to procede. ugh These guys: http://www.yelp.com/biz/manuels-custom-tailoring-san-jose#hrid:FIwpPl05R8tu9agnlEPXDA/src:search/query:tailor Don't go there.

So I called some more places but none of them had any idea what I was talking about. I soon got busy with school and had to lay it off for a while.

So like 6 months later I'm back at school and not busy. I call these guys: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ricardos-tailoring-sunnyvale#hrid:NqQbq-Emv3oOI5mSUs8s5A/src:search/query:tailor and they say they can do it.

I take the jeans in with the rivet and the nice man behind the counter is gone seemingly ever. After a while he pops back up and says he's finished. The rivet isn't on there perfect, the washer top part is ever so slightly bent but it will certainly do the job. He says there is no charge.

sk1k.jpg

look at that beautiful patch and hair! those belt loops with raised middles are so hot

sk2k.jpg

And finally the uneven stitching (The hems and some other stuff are off too but it gives them character:

dyrghk.jpg

And some thoughts:

The skull denim is freaking ridiculous. I love it. I am going to have to get some 6x6 indigos some time soon.

The fit is so cool. The top block is fitted, yet breaks in well. Its nice and slim but the knee down is straight so they don't look skinny.

The prices have gotten so high its absurd, but the product (Japanese artisan jeans in general) are so unique its impossible to turn down.

Each brand has their own flaws and nuances.

After sending off the Ooe Yofukuten World Tour jeans I’m back to my usual rotation of Fullcount 0105c, Samurai s710bk19oz and 45rpm Sorahiko ’08. Here are some evo pics of the 2 former…

pc030167.jpg

Samurai, I’ve been meaning to give these a handwash for a while now

pc030135.jpg

pc030142.jpg

pc030144.jpg

pc030151.jpg

pc030154.jpg