The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

don't shoot me, this is slightly off-topic but would just like to give some props and attention to Indonesian denim fans who took the trouble to come up with their own denim-related event entitled Wall of Fades.

Check out the event pics at the link below:-

http://www.darahkubiru.com/2009/12/wall-of-fades-2/

Here's the translation for the first couple of paragraphs:-

"After the long wait and anticipation, the Wall of Fades event finally happened last Saturday to the general public. Conceived as a Denim Exhibition and Denim Market, the event was put together by the Indigo community with support from local denim brand, Vision Mission Jeans. Word is that Wall of Fades is the first Denim Exhibition of its kind in South East Asia.

Wall of Fades presented more than 20 pairs of jeans divided into various categories. One of the main categories is the repro jeans section which featured 2 pairs of jeans from Levi's Strauss & Co as well as Lee HD Company. These jeans represented output from the two of the oldest denim companies which are the pioneer brands in the world of denim. Other tables featured Dry Denim (raw denim perhaps?) from Japanese brands such as The Flat Head, Ande Whall from New Zealand and finally, Vision Mission which is a homegrown Indonesian brand.

Next up, a section featuring Worn Jeans were also on display with examples from Cheap Monday, SExlo4 Imperial Brand Clothing as well as Nudie Jeans. Also on display were APC denim jackets, Iron Heart as well as Massa Genuine jeans"

will translate the rest when i get the time. =)

I was there, great event, lovely!

Cross-posted with the Evisu thread. These are the Macau-made #1 Special, the D80 version. Hard to know the actual time on these. I soaked them earlier this year, but I've worn them too off-and-on to really say.

4175158606_b29b4ec40f_o.jpg4174399829_4ff74c8db3_o.jpg

nice page everyone...they still have some of the evisu like the ones above(made in macau heritage #1s) here in richmond, but in large sizes(36-42 i think) @a store called"the limited edition'' on goshen street near VCU for like $130. pink selvage lame...they are authentic, dude is trying to get rid of em cause evisu doesn't sell here...

nice page everyone...they still have some of the evisu like the ones above(made in macau heritage #1s) here in richmond, but in large sizes(36-42 i think) @a store called"the limited edition'' on goshen street near VCU for like $130. pink selvage lame...they are authentic, dude is trying to get rid of em cause evisu doesn't sell here...

Those are beautiful jeans. I had a pair that was too small for me, which I floated to Pomata. I think those are D67. Really dark and inky, with strong vertical character in the raw fabric.

Hi there, here is an update of my simon miller 9 month in rotation with my other stuff.... this is the 2nd time i've washed them. Pictures were taken taken by my 5mp Nokia Nseries, not bad for phone camera

13122009375.jpg

13122009376.jpg

13122009352.jpg

13122009362.jpg

13122009365.jpg

here is a few fit pictures:

13122009371.jpg