Don't believe the propaganda!

Raijin-Fujin

Wow. I feel kind of soiled by reading all this. You're doing a really good job of putting ME off these jeans. I sure hope they're not paying you, because if I were paying anyone money for PR I would expect a damn sight better job.

I just thought the same thing. How does onemancult create value for superfuture and Uniqlo, I would say he does the opposite.

I don't have a problem with promotions on the board if they're called just that. But passing it off as community talk, that's wrong and has a very bad taste.

The thread in question contains deceiving statements and half-lies and I wonder why an open thread was started in the first place when it seems you're not allowed to actually discuss the topic.

If we're not allowed to discuss Uniqlo jeans or JR jeans, then this isn't a forum anymore but something else.. a marketing plan.

Deleting posts because they're 'offensive' is obviously just a subterfuge.

The only members I see using offensive language on here are the moderators and the superfuture sauna club members.

Carl, onemancult and mike lowrey are clearly signs of bad judgement on behalf of wayne/superfuture.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35405

(the first post said 'ritualistically murder' before the edit)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^How the hell did Carl and Mike get pulled into this? What the hell did they do?

Yeah - what happened ? Maybe we did'nt read it all..I kind of fell asleep last night..

Damn , drama and absolutely clueless...

Anyways , here's a cat..I hear that helps..

junkus-flying-calico-cat-1.jpg

Nope - Miz..GAP is coming out with this new Beamer next season - but Uniqlo has already reserved the trademarks for the new cyber high tech carbon engine. Now Kia is fucked big time - since he was the main sponsor for this car.

Anyways - I've signed up to win one of those - and with a bit of luck I am gonna tell you how this baby is driving

And if we're to discuss the actual jeans. While they are certainly worth the money to some extent, they would definitely not be worth the time, for me, it would take to wear in the denim as it will not yield great results, certainly won't be able to compare to the "$200 repro brands" that it is supposed to be better than.

They are worth the asked price, but not more than that to me. Actually, if I was shopping on a tight budget I would rather get the H&M 'Now & Then'-line jeans or Cheap Monday Latjo Lajban Vintage.

The H&M N&T jeans are quite nice, certainly a deep blue color and more than a few vintage details. They also have a black/blue denim that looks nice but I don't know how it'll wear. The models available are: slim, straight, early 1900's(cinchback, suspender buttons) with tapered legs. And yeah, they're selvedge..

N&T also includes a 507 jacket, in the blue/black denim.

The CM LLV selvedge denim in the Levi's models is great for the price, the texture looks similar to my S0505XX denim. The color is not quite as deep though. It does look good after several washes, surprised me at first.

The Lee model looks better on a detail level, but the denim is lighter in both color and weight.

I don't want to hype any of these though, not Uniqlo, not H&M and not CM. I wouldn't buy any of them and haven't, simply because breaking them in wouldn't be worth it.

With jeans, I'm either in or out, nothing inbetween.

look... people pay to have stickied threads in our forums without it being known that they do... you think chucks vintage got stickied just because tweeds likes them??? if so, why wouldnt selfedge and blue in green have stickies?? this site is a buisness, and is owned by people who want to make money. they have the power to censor all they want, and as free users of the site there is nothing we can do except leave if we dont like it.

i, for one, welcome our corporate overlords.

I just thought too much criticism went to OMC

Guy doesn't look like he gets paid from Uniqlo, he's more like the guy that represents SuFu, so the forum can continue to run, whether it be money or magic forum powder that generates free bandwidth.

Might be propaganda, but if this let the forum continue to run, I am all for it.

Or maybe we can all donate 5 bucks per month so the forum can run ad-free.

look... people pay to have stickied threads in our forums without it being known that they do... you think chucks vintage got stickied just because tweeds likes them??? if so, why wouldnt selfedge and blue in green have stickies?? this site is a buisness, and is owned by people who want to make money. they have the power to censor all they want, and as free users of the site there is nothing we can do except leave if we dont like it.

I doubt anyone would begrudge Superfuture from making any money from advertising. I'll join you in welcoming corporate sponsors and sincerely hope they make the owners of Superfuture stinking rich :)

However many of the points raised are fundamentally about the following:

Firstly whether it is of benefit to Superfuture, their sponsors and the lastly the forum members to display double standards of censorship between paid and unpaid threads. That they are free to do as they please is beyond all doubt.

But whether it achieves the purpose of positively promoting a brand is a valid discussion and surely beneficial to increasing the revenues generated for SF.

What is the pot of gold for both advertisers and site owners are the readers/posters here. Perhaps 'leaving if you don't like it' is not a winning solution to this discussion? Not least for Uniqlo.

cheap mondays suck more than a gay man at a straw festival

Not really. There are a 100 different models this fall and they all have their own place.

The new, indigo raw denim is actually not bad. Even the tight model has it and it can fade OK. Certainly not like jap brands, but you get the idea. 6647200610531850276111_L.jpg

CM is just like H&M or Uniqlo, you need to pick and choose wisely. Some stuff has bad stitching etc, but some things are better. The LLV generally looks a bit better than the regular CM.

Just for the record, Self Edge monetarily supports Superfuture but chooses NOT to sticky any update/product threads because we feel that it clutters up the first page with a thread that hasn't been active enough.

I doubt anyone would begrudge Superfuture from making any money from advertising. I'll join you in welcoming corporate sponsors and sincerely hope they make the owners of Superfuture stinking rich :)

However many of the points raised are fundamentally about the following:

Firstly whether it is of benefit to Superfuture, their sponsors and the lastly the forum members to display double standards of censorship between paid and unpaid threads. That they are free to do as they please is beyond all doubt.

But whether it achieves the purpose of positively promoting a brand is a valid discussion and surely beneficial to increasing the revenues generated for SF.

What is the pot of gold for both advertisers and site owners are the readers/posters here. Perhaps 'leaving if you don't like it' is not a winning solution to this discussion? Not least for Uniqlo.

that is the thing... if you come into a thread that an advertiser paid for and start talking poorly about the product, than it is a problem for the brand and for superfuture. why would they pay money for this type of ad, which is basically what it is, if anyone could come in and say anything about it?

at the same time, the lack of overt censorship has mad this forum what it is. we are better for it.

i feel that paid threads should be known ot be ads, and that dispariging remarks about the product should not be allowed in them... if you have something to say start your own thread. unpaid, user started threads should not, and are not, censored because someone says that a product is garbage.

blahblahblah

why? just because it has detailing? the fit is atrocious, the back pockets are too damn big, and the strap on the back is best left to repros (OOOHHHHH!!!! BUT IT HAS SELVAGE!!!!). they don't even have any rivets for crying out loud....

just because it is slightly more expensive enty-level denim doesn't mean that it is leaps and bounds ahead of Uniqlo

I personally am only interested in Uniqlo slim cut because I've been look to get some grey denim at a decent price point, and I absolutely hate CMs back pockets

To reduce this site to a money making scheme, I think, minimizes the amount of time and effort we, as the poster/users, contribute. While I know they use this site to make money, I would like to think that the various threads we contribute to are not subtly marketing schemes. I, for one, did not know that stickied threads were paid for and I began to question this when the "Chucks Vintage" thread started. Why would there all the sudden be this stickied thread, when the store was never really discussed at length until the stickied thread was started.

I am somewhat disgusted that one could pay for a thread to be discussed without saying that it is a paid advertisement. There are many people on this forum, Paul T, ringring, etc. that have a wealth of knowledge that they contribute from their good will and in the end never gets rewarded monetarily, but in the end will help a paid advertiser. I would like to know such things prior to posting. It is underhanded and in my mind unethical.

This stinks.

that is the thing... if you come into a thread that an advertiser paid for and start talking poorly about the product, than it is a problem for the brand and for superfuture. why would they pay money for this type of ad, which is basically what it is, if anyone could come in and say anything about it?

at the same time, the lack of overt censorship has mad this forum what it is. we are better for it.

i feel that paid threads should be known ot be ads, and that dispariging remarks about the product should not be allowed in them... if you have something to say start your own thread. unpaid, user started threads should not, and are not, censored because someone says that a product is garbage.

Then if their is a thread where no criticism whatsoever is allowed, then there is hardly a point opening a thread whereby it is open to replies. At this point, perhaps a simple banner would suffice?

Allowing people to post disparaging remarks about the sponsor's product in a separate thread below doesn't seem particularly beneficial to the brand either.

Surely, if a brand chooses to advertise via a thread where people can leave their feedback then all should be allowed. If the feedback is valid then it helps the product improve. If any negative feedback is unfounded then it will be simply shot down by the discerning members like yourself or if simply stupid, ignored.

If the product is strong, and the way the promotion is worded free from misinformation, then I don't see the need to censor at all.

The analogy still doesn't work for me, as again these companies are producing something that simply ISN"T available for cheap. The cheapset raw slevedge you can get is like 95 bucks at the gap, and it is pretty bad quality. But even 95 is double what we are talking for Uniqlo.

I'd say it would be more akin to Mercedes and Porsche owning the market for SUVs and then suddenly hearing that Kia was going to come out with a good SUV for have the price. I that instance, I do indeed think that Mercedes and Porsche would lose business to Kia.

ok. porsche ferrari lambo etc own the supercar market. why do you think the corvette zo6 exists (it laps tracks similarly if not faster than porsche ferrari etc)? It exists to give the people the thrills of a car they couldnt otherwise afford. do you REALLY think people in the ferrari/lambo market are stuck between that and a 70k corvette?

c'mon.

people buying uniqlo wouldnt spend 300 on samurai anyway and as such those samauri is not losing any revenue because of that.

Paid threads/stickies with censorship is a lame way to make money from a forum. It diminishes what makes the discussion forum good.

I want superfuture to make money, but there are better ways than selling-off the honesty and open discussion of the forum.