japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Inakaya is alright. Kinda touristy and over priced for what it is, but better than Gonpachi type shit, usually legit food for a robataya. Wows the bitches from abroad who like to eat.

I hadn't heard of Gonpachi until I was invited to one of my friend's private sushi party run by Gonpachi (had soem dudes from gonpachi come to his house and they brought all kinds of shit - booze, dessert, sushi, rolls, and etc. Is gonpachi famous?

It's the place Koizumi took Bush when he came to Tokyo and its rumored that Tarintino based the set design of Kill Bill off the interior of the place. That said, I've been there a couple times for douki-nomi-kai and not that amazing. Food was decent. It's the sort of place you'd take your gaijin friend who's never been to Japan before for dinner to show them a relaxed-dining environment. I give it a B-/B+.

Seems I am a little late to catch onto this thread. Was just in Tokyo over the essential / early Jan period. Here is the rundown...

Isetan was hectic on the first few days with basically everything on sale besides Undercover and Visvim. They had a huge pile of CGD, Yohji, Zucca and wjk. Some Soph, Attachment, NN and Julius. There were even further reductions later on...

NBHD/SUPREME is consistent and has more of the same... Purchased some Blood Amber Candles...

Goro's line reached GAP corner on the opening day and easily an 8 hour wait... Went back another day at night time to cop a necklace for my brother...

A Bathing Ape has a very nice new flagship store located at the old FIL... I liked the satirical twist on the traditional stark and spartan Wonderwall designs... Interior was similar to the HK branch...

FIL was bare and there was a notable absence of overseas Asian visitors that tended to swarm there in the last few years...

Black Flag as previously mentioned had all of the TET approved labels but the nice Taps items were quite scarce... A little disappointing given that the pieces in the lookbook seemed very promising...

CDG was closed for renovation but DSM is down the road anyway...

Original Fake is still there... Too lazy to walk down stairs... Must steal 1000000000% Kaws Companion...

Undercover was pretty well stocked, they just had an awesome FW season... Almost got some boots and a hooded jacket...

Barneys, Boutique W and Lift Etage/Ecru had an amazing selection of CCP, LUC and M.A+... L'Eclaireur was an interesting place as well with some insane crocodile skin jackets and a tiger skin with head chilling on the lounge chair ...

But it seems that in general the urahara hype is dying down compared to same time last year...

Unlike last year, there were no lines for NBHD, FIL and Black Flag... Was surprised to see a line for HP Annex though...

Some pictures of the excursion HERE...

CDG was closed for renovation but DSM is down the road anyway...

Barneys, Boutique W and Lift Etage/Ecru had an amazing selection of CCP, LUC and M.A+... L'Eclaireur was an interesting place as well with some insane crocodile skin jackets and a tiger skin with head chilling on the lounge chair ...

But it seems that in general the urahara hype is dying down compared to same time last year...

Unlike last year, there were no lines for NBHD, FIL and Black Flag... Was surprised to see a line for HP Annex though...

Some pictures of the excursion HERE...

comme des garcons closes for a day or so before the launch of a new season. they don't close DSM or corso como.

You missed lift position.

Urahara streetwear's been dead for a while.

I go to black flag to KOPP some KUUMBAS

I did see Lift Position but it was not much to write home about...

I always tend to get my Kuumba from Beams P.O.V. who incidentally seemed to have taken over the Acronym account from the now defunct Recon... That was the biggest rack of Acronym I have ever seen in my life...

The scent of Kuuma Incense always reminds me of a classic Urahara shop... The clothing and store bags were even infused with the smell of it... Lucid Nasal Memories...

well

shops like balance, neighborhood, and black flag have have collabo scents by kuumba.

they are a little pricier than regular kuumbas but they are pretty good.

POV beams sells a sick-ass goodenough incense stand. but it seems a little too expensive for a stand.

I'm thinking we should have a Sufu new year's bro-down and what better way than at a BlackList Tokyo this Saturday, January 26th at Crystal Lounge. I have a membership and can bring one guest in for free. You can buy memberships at the door if you aren't a member. Any Sufu Tokyoites interested?! I'm planning that we'd all do dinner beforehand and head over to the event together.

Info below:

BLACKLIST

TOKYO

www.blacklisttokyo.com

NEXT PARTY

SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th

次回は1月26 日

at CRYSTAL LOUNGE

STARTS AT 10:30PM

DRESS CODE : CHIC

Dear BlackListers,

We are back in 2008 and first let us wish you all the best especially success, health and happiness.

This year again we are looking forward to sharing exceptional moments with you!

新年明けましておめでとうございます!2008年もどうぞ宜しくお願い致します.

Beno & Cedric.

Raj, I'm in Tokyo at the moment. Till the 2nd of Feb. I'd be interested in the free enterance membership you offering. Let me know if no one wants to take it.

However, I speak very bad japanese. Cant nampa like you guys!

I'm thinking we should have a Sufu new year's bro-down and what better way than at a BlackList Tokyo this Saturday, January 26th at Crystal Lounge. I have a membership and can bring one guest in for free. You can buy memberships at the door if you aren't a member. Any Sufu Tokyoites interested?!

Info below:

BLACKLIST

TOKYO

www.blacklisttokyo.com

NEXT PARTY

SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th

次回は1月26 日

at CRYSTAL LOUNGE

STARTS AT 10:30PM

DRESS CODE : CHIC

Dear BlackListers,

We are back in 2008 and first let us wish you all the best especially success, health and happiness.

This year again we are looking forward to sharing exceptional moments with you!

新年明けましておめでとうございます!2008年もどうぞ宜しくお願い致します.

Beno & Cedric.

obviously i will not be back to attend, but just wondering what prompted this, raj?

just curious, but who is attending?

also check this out:

GLASS CANDY

September, 27 2008 at TOKYO HEARTS PORTLAND

Not Available , Japan,

Cost : ?

I'd be interested in the free enterance membership you offering.

Who said I wasn't bringing any honeyz? ;)

but just wondering what prompted this, raj?

No particular reason. Just thought we should final do a decent meetup.

Who said I wasn't bringing any honeyz? ;)

No particular reason. Just thought we should final do a decent meetup.

fuck the honey! bring aniki, he seems like a real winner.

aniki vbmenu_register("postmenu_875720", true);

semibored

reputation_neg.gif

Raj, I'm in Tokyo at the moment. Till the 2nd of Feb. I'd be interested in the free enterance membership you offering. Let me know if no one wants to take it.

However, I speak very bad japanese. Cant nampa like you guys!

NEW AV DVD PROMOTION!!!!!

Japanese AV Idols (Maria Ozawa, Sora Aoi, Nao Oikawa,Yua Aida, Coda Risa, Honoka and many more!) DVD available! $8/each, shipped!

I do have mosaic-free ones too! $12/each shipped!

PM me for list of available AV stars!:)

Or just go to: http://groups.msn.com/avidol

Any rep, gimme red. Color of a winner

fuck the honey! bring aniki, he seems like a real winner.

Dinner sounds good. Can chug down on a couple of sake bombs before heading to BLACKLIST!

Damn, why aint joinin for the bro down, j? would be such a pity without you there, man.

possibly down, depending on how raped i am by work.

ibankers getting their bonuses = time to commision trendy ass mansion = i get to sleep in the office and work my ass off and then get bitched at about how the shit doesnt look exactly like such and such crap from such and such architectural rag

fucking die in a fire.

what is the scene like at this blacklist deal

ibankers and bitches who like money?

possibly down, depending on how raped i am by work.

ibankers getting their bonuses = time to commision trendy ass mansion = i get to sleep in the office and work my ass off and then get bitched at about how the shit doesnt look exactly like such and such crap from such and such architectural rag

fucking die in a fire.

what is the scene like at this blacklist deal

ibankers and bitches who like money?

Sent you a PM. It's a mix. Most of the women are pretty international, i.e. speak English and work for foreign companies, buts not exclusively banks. I think it'd be fun to do something a little posh w/ the sufu group...

Dinner sounds good. Can chug down on a couple of sake bombs before heading to BLACKLIST!

Damn, why aint joinin for the bro down, j? would be such a pity without you there, man.

There is no such thing as sake bombing in japan.

I can't make it either...but I will know if I'm coming to Japan by mid-Feb. There's only 4 internship research positions available at the Riken Science Center this summer, and I hope I snag one of 'em. I'll be sendin' in my app next Monday...*fingers crossed*

U coming?! I'm just gonna wear what I always wear: A nice button down, some jeans, and boots. Sept is a long ways off!

be there next month.

tenjikai time! 2/19 i b there. prepare the bitches!

i am def gonna make it a point to b there in sept cause it will b tenjikai time again, plus how could i mis glass candy's tokyo debut????

you guys are probably too cool for this but...

RDS with VAN SHE NIGHT

2008.2.8 FRI

@WOMB

OPEN 23:00

DOOR 4000YEN

SPECIAL GUEST DJs

VAN SHE DJs

STEVE AOKI

MASATOSHI UEMURA(bonjour records)

VJ

UNU

PUMA STORE HORIE presents RDS with VAN SHE NIGHT