japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Hi Guys,

I have searched through the forum and everything seems to be a unfocused. I am only there for 4 days with the girlfriend. We'll be staying in Shinjuku at the Keio Plaza probably. I just want to eat and shop. sightseeing can be saved for my second trip.

I need help with:

Great places to eat! (hole in the wall, trendy, or just tremendous food)

Great places to shop in Tokyo!

Awesome Clubs. (I'm from hollywood and from san francisco so something dope and trendy is preferable.

Those are the only three I need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also: Sinapore airlines at roundtrip from LAX to Tokyo Narita for only $700

with regards to shopping,

it totally depends on what type of fashion you are into.

but harajuku / aoyama should be sufficient...

Guest jmatsu
Is the guide worth buying? $20 seems a bit steep for a PDF.

if you think this is expensive, you're probably not going to have too much fun in tokyo.

$20 is a lot for a PDF that tells you exactly where to go in a city like Tokyo?

Stay far away from Japan if you think $20 is a lot for such a concise guide such as the SuFu guides..

Stay away from Keio Plaza.

Our room was filled with blood stains and at night my wife kept complaining that something other than me kept crushing her. Management moved us to another room and it had a gas leak smell on the whole floor. We bounced after a night, got a refund and hightailed to a Tokyu hotel.

Keio plaza hotel is one of the most well-known "suicide spots" in Japan.

There have been quite a few celebrities and non-celebs who either got murdered or committed suicide in Keio Plaza in Shinjuku.

This is not a joke and is a well-known fact among many who live in Tokyo.

Keio plaza hotel is one of the most well-known "suicide spots" in Japan.

There have been quite a few celebrities and non-celebs who either got murdered or committed suicide in Keio Plaza in Shinjuku.

This is not a joke and is a well-known fact among many who live in Tokyo.

...I kinda want to go there now.

I'm 8% indiana jones, 92% retarded

^while i agree that most restaurants in Tokyo serve edible to fantastic food, I am not sure if I'd recommend someone visiting from America to go eat Italian food in Japan. Up until like 10 years ago, Italian food in Japan was like Pizza Hut. A 'French' restaurant could basically switch flags out front, say they were an 'Italian' restaurant, and go about their day.

Japan has so many incredible domestic foods that a first-time visitor doesn't even need to fuck with ethnic food choices, imo. Eating a proper sampling of Tokyo's best washoku and youshoku, plus a little bit of Pan-Asian-inspired Japanese fusion, could take weeks and a small fortune.

if you think this is expensive, you're probably not going to have too much fun in tokyo.

word, my brother is cheap as hell, and i just showed him that they have a guide and he said to get it for next time.

when i read the title to this i thought it said 4 days in tokyo, i thought this cause one of my best friends is going to tokyo for a day and a half on his way to thailand. i told him he is gonna hate being there for such short amount of time.

Guest lbdas.22

if you're into street wear go to harajuku, they got a ton of places.

at night roppongi is pretty cool has a got a ton of bars and shit. It's kinda sketchy though

Akihabara is the electronic district.

Omotesando is all the expensive shopping like gucci and louis vuitton

OK. I need a bunch of must go to shops for men and women. the shops can range from denim to vintage japanese wear. I'm not so much into streetwear anymore but I want to get the trendy japanese stuff that you cant find here.

sushi- I've been dying to try sushi there. what places are really good and moderately priced?

Clubs - hiphop and mashup? dope places to go at night.

Culture - any art museums, what is the closet hot spring?