japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

"リーマンナンパマスター” 

sounds like raj.

but, is リーマン actually short for salaryman?

I don't think I've heard that before.

yes リーマン means salaryman.

where the best jap food b at in NYC?

I don't want fusion hipster bullshit.

I think the best I've had was at Nadaman Hakubai in Kitano Hotel.

need some input thanks

Herp, not sure if you're still in NY but here's what I can think of real quick for real japanese places

Soba Koh

Sakagura

Sobaya

Matsugen (jean george restaurant, kitchen run by Matsushita brothers, waiters aren't japanese)

Soba Nippon

Yakitori Totto

Soba Totto

Aburiya Kinnosuke

Shabu Tatsu

Umi no ie

KurumaZushi

SushiYasuda (request Yasuda if you can)

Sushiden

Hakubai

Rosanjin

Tsukushi

Basta Pasta (Japanese italian)

Dieci (Japanese italian)

Japan Premium Beef, Inc. (if you need to buy some baller status beef to cook at home)

Ramen/Izakaya/Cafe places

Setagaya

Menkuitei

Menchankotei

Ippudo

Minca

Yakitori Taisho

Kenka

Otafuku (takoyaki)

Katsuhama (only katsu served here)

Cafe Zaiya (midtown location)

it's a decent list but there's a whole bunch that i don't agree with

e.g. kenka and setagaya

Yeah I don't like everything on the list but they are some of the more frequented places. I would agree entirely that Matsugen is disappointing -- the only thing I order there is soba and the grapefruit dessert.

Honmura An was by far the best soba restaurant but it closed 2 years ago. The tasting menu there was money.

Rosanjin is korean owned. So is setagaya.

matsugen has some of the worst tempura ever, their inaka soba is great. I like soba koh alot. Honmura An's soba chef works at 15 East now, and I hear their soba is excellent, I've only had sushi there and dont feel like eating soba there.

some other spots

Lan

Tsushima

Natori

Kanoyama

Riki

Momokawa

Kamui Den

Ushiwakamaru

Greenwich Grill

Sushi Azabu

Tebaya

Yakiniku Riki

Tokyo Bar

Hiroko's Place

Omen

Naka Naka

Rio & You

Zenkichi

it's like 55 mins from NRT to Tokyo Station.

I then take the JR... You gotta factor in that security "check out" after the baggage claim and the entry "nyukoku shinsa" line.

It's impossible.

Yeh using "N'EX" is handy. I didn't realize this, not that i was in that much of hurry most times. I usually get into Narita at 6am and hotel check in at 2 or 3pm. I usually breeze through security, i have been held up about 10secs at most.

off to maine...

lulz

any jawns there?

What part of Maine?

Hit Rogues Gallery in the Old Port section of Portland. Good peeps there. Often good deals and stuff you don't see anywhere else. It's worth it just to check out the shop. They carry some non-Rogues stuff too.

Eat a lobster roll from Red's Eats in Wiscassett. It's worth the wait. Over a whole lobster on each roll for $16.

Some other good random leather shops and places to get handmade shoes (Quoddy type stuff).

Pick up some Mom Jeans at L.A.Bean

going to japan for the 1st time :) would like to know all stores that stock any or all of these brands

Thanks in advance for any help

cheers

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE.

I'll be in Tokyo Aug 26- Sept 2. If anyone knows anything cool going on specific to those dates (music, festivals, etc), please let me know.

Staying at the Conrad, if anyone has any good suggestions for great eats/must sees around there.

Thanks in advance.

I'll be in Tokyo Aug 26- Sept 2. If anyone knows anything cool going on specific to those dates (music, festivals, etc), please let me know.

Staying at the Conrad, if anyone has any good suggestions for great eats/must sees around there.

Thanks in advance.

balla status?