japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Guest jmatsu

sorry to kinda derail, but i just gotta say this-

there are certain people in this thread, on sufu and in life that get it and some that don't. some i see eye to eye with and some that i just don't like.

i mean i didn't know a soul on sufu and was able to become friends with a couple members. some who i've met in real life and some still merely via the internet.

there are those who get hated on or clowned in this thread because they act a fool. others who are ignorant, yet maintain a modern sense of humility and respect for the obvious hierarchy are more than welcome! and most of us here are usually delighted to answer questions that have not already been answered.

soudune,

you call this thread a circle jerk and disrespect it's thread-founders and some sufu's purveyors of japanese fashion/modern culture. you're just an ignorant fuck or oblivious asshole at best. no big deal cause your kind come a dime a dozen, but quit trying to tell yourself that you're unqiue or an independent thinker just because a number of people here happen to not like you, your clothes and practically everything your pathetic existence represents. don't get shit twisted you insecure worm, we don't hate the military, just scum LIKE YOU that give it a bad name. you slime, you should think long and hard about your fucking place.

Guest jmatsu

i b back in sept...for like 2 weeks i think.

did anyone go to the ksubi parties or catch the ksubi djs?

can somebody get me the jap-limited ksubi "SEX TEE" in a medium? i got sent a small, but i want a medium.

32c7_1.JPG

thanks!

Also, one is available on yahoo auctions right now:::

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e81533615

But judging from the sizing it looks to be a small as well....

okita040404-img600x450-1212726347qqcmtk16271.jpg

I think this may be a middle judging from the difference with the previous post...

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k53175746

I'm going to Japan on Thursday for 16 days.

I intend on travellling around the country for the first week (by the country, I mean I'll probably be heading West only, towards Hiroshima and back) and spending the second week in Tokyo. Anyway, has anybody got any places to visit or hostels (around the country) to recommend that I visit whilst I'm out there.

I've got a rough idea of what I want to do and where I want to go, but knowing a few places before hand would be really helpful and allow me to get more done whilst I'm there.

:( I wanted it...

It's cool though, I'd probably need a medium anyway.

EDIT: Just looked at the auction measurements...

yep...I'd be a medium.

Oh sorry. Feel free to grab it to resell to some chumps on sufu. I can grab it from yjp.

Guest jmatsu
I'm going to Japan on Thursday for 16 days.

I intend on travellling around the country for the first week (by the country, I mean I'll probably be heading West only, towards Hiroshima and back) and spending the second week in Tokyo. Anyway, has anybody got any places to visit or hostels (around the country) to recommend that I visit whilst I'm out there.

I've got a rough idea of what I want to do and where I want to go, but knowing a few places before hand would be really helpful and allow me to get more done whilst I'm there.

when you say hostel, what exactly do you mean? you wanna slum it at some gaijin-house? biz hotel? how much money you got?

:( I wanted it...

It's cool though, I'd probably need a medium anyway.

EDIT: Just looked at the auction measurements...

yep...I'd be a medium.

Yo Lab, how u ever find t-shirts that fit? U one tall mutha-fucka. U get cop extra long neu-rave and wear it normal?

I'll have about $2000 on me, maybe a bit more if my brother pays me back the money he owes.

I've got accommmodation for Tokyo sorted, it's for when I'm moving about the country for the first week. Travelling between hostels for foreigners is fine for the first week.

U gonna need to double that amount at least.

Guest jmatsu
Yo Lab, how u ever find t-shirts that fit? U one tall mutha-fucka. U get cop extra long neu-rave and wear it normal?

lab would probably do good in ktz or drkshw tees.

U gonna need to double that amount at least.

You think?

I don't intend on splashing out a shit load. Just picking up bits and bobs. I'm mainly going to see a friend in Tokyo and just to visit sites. Not for a major shopping trip, though I do intendo on picking up a few things, it's not going to be a lot, or anything on the level that people here spend on clothes.

Oh yeah, and what's the English speaking population like over there? I'm not going to be the most obvious foreigner when I get there.

Extra long frute swags end up exaggerating my hips, but drkshdw tees are pretty gud. I have two, but I damaged the hell outta one of em. Margiela fits fine too.

Oh sorry. Feel free to grab it to resell to some chumps on sufu. I can grab it from yjp.

:( I really do try to kopp stuff that fits me...unfortunately being built like a twig doesn't help.

Guest jmatsu
You think?

I don't intend on splashing out a shit load. Just picking up bits and bobs. I'm mainly going to see a friend in Tokyo and just to visit sites. Not for a major shopping trip, though I do intendo on picking up a few things, it's not going to be a lot, or anything on the level that people here spend on clothes.

Oh yeah, and what's the English speaking population like over there? I'm not going to be the most obvious foreigner when I get there.

if you don't speak jap, you gonna just have a typical gajin-tourist vacation experience.

whatever tho, you're just going to visit you friends. not like shit can be helped.

i don't really know hiroshima or any genbaku-babies so i can't help you there.

Guest jmatsu
I'm fine with that

Any knowledge about Nagoya, Osaka or Kyoto?

i do know nagoya, but what is there to really know? besides partying in sakai, eating miso katsu/katsu, nagoyajo-ho's, and maybe making a trip to nagashima spa land?

besides that the brothels and kaba's are tops, but you don't got too much money, right? if you look jap you might be able to sneak into the brothels cause they are more liberal about their clientle in the tokai area.

osaka, i generally don't fuck with, but naniwaiya rest got some great kani-miso dishes.

kyoto is just good for cultural shit. i hear they got some bangin electro parties tho. and i like maiko.

Guest jmatsu

The world of fashion, which for being about people who likes showing off their superficiality and hedonism via clothes always serves as a calculator of liberty in any city, is lamentably the fucking community of passive consumers par excellence from Tokyo. The distincts groups like Gothic Lolitas, Ganguro, Gyaru, Kawaii and other homogeneous the only thing they do is repeating theirselves, and perhaps they dont even need to buy more clothes already. The properly called fashionistas, are just the same bullshit: or they are mere copy of the magazines, or they are fucking layers and layers of expensive clothes, that stuff their bodies but don't add exclusivity, because we definitely think that since Punk, the contemporary fashion exclusivity borders on DIY - but the actual forms are more sophisticated and surreals though. It is the evolution of the freedom of clothing that Japanese fashionistas can't carry out (maybe because they don't have character or internal shite?)

Agreed. Its all imitation nowadays. But I don't think its gonna change anytime soon. It's sorta like streetwear in the US; everybody copying and reinterpreting everyone else until the original message is lost.

Alright, thanks.

And yeah, blending in with the locals will be a breeze. I know a bit of Jap, just about enough to get me through most places, but my pronunciation and confidence could do with a bit of work and would be a dead giveaway in most situations. That's why I'm going in with a preference to English.

Oh, you ever heard anything about the Shinagawa Prince Hotel? I know it's a bit of a farshot with so many hotels in Tokyo, but still, I thought I'd ask.

I'm off to sleep anyway, I'll probably have a few questions in the morning.

Guest jmatsu
Alright, thanks.

And yeah, blending in with the locals will be a breeze. I know a bit of Jap, just about enough to get me through most places, but my pronunciation and confidence could do with a bit of work and would be a dead giveaway in most situations. That's why I'm going in with a preference to English.

Oh, you ever heard anything about the Shinagawa Prince Hotel? I know it's a bit of a farshot with so many hotels in Tokyo, but still, I thought I'd ask.

I'm off to sleep anyway, I'll probably have a few questions in the morning.

shinagawa prince is fine. not THAT far from anything as a matter a fact.

Guest jmatsu
Agreed. Its all imitation nowadays. But I don't think its gonna change anytime soon. It's sorta like streetwear in the US; everybody copying and reinterpreting everyone else until the original message is lost.

word. it's all cycles and timing. like which fashionista is the most progressive. meaning who will bring some shit back from the past at a time that it can once again prove to be relevant vs. those who wear shit from that past which they cannot possibely comprehend and show this by doing so w/ bad timing.

i understand what you're saying about reinterpreting shit, but i dont think a majority of clothing label consumers are reinterpreting things in a way that is relevant or within any logical confines. they are rehashing ideas in cycles and mistakening appropriating clothing or culture without realizing what they are doing. if you live some shit at a it's focal point/time and carry it w/ you (or respect it, understand it and do it right then), by all means.