japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

wearing raw denim, eating cheetos, playing street fighter, watching jpop pvs, listening to anime song remixes

same ol

i saw morning musume at anime expo

they had a concert. i bought a shirt and jumped around with pink glowsticks

it would be a lot of fun if you come down to tokyo while i'm there

im very good at finding both otaku and fashun jawnz

lab can attest to this

we can hit up an AKB48 concert

I'm probably heading back home soon

I'll be home from early Nov to late Dec for 2mo.

Free glasses. I know it's peasant status but i have a few pairs from here. frame + lens combo = ~6000 yen. i can't complain.

アイウエアショップ「JIN's GLOBAL STANDARD(ジンズグローバルスタンダード)」が2009年9月17日、名称を「JINS=ジンズ」に改め、同時に旗艦店である原宿店を全面リニューアルオープン。同日11時より、オープニングイベント「これは事件だ!1,000人メガネ無料サンプリング」を実施する。

全面リニューアルされる原宿店は、新しいジンズのアイウエアショップの象徴として、また、ジンズが提案するイベントや限定商品など、すべての物事の発信場所「エピセンター(=震源地)」として一新。

新商品発売&旗艦店リニューアルオープン記念イベントとして9月17日11時より、同店にて新商品「Air frame(エア・フレーム)」のサンプリングキャンペーンを実施する。当日、原宿近辺でオレンジ色の風船を持った人物が出現し、彼から風船をもらって原宿店に来店すると、先着1,000名にジンズの超軽量素材を使用した新商品「Air frame」を無料でプレゼントされるという前代未聞のこのイベント。今までジンズのメガネを知らなかった人も気軽に見て試し、その魅力を体感出来る、またとない機会となる。

新生ジンズでは、"メガネを必要としているすべての人に親しみを持っていただけるブランド"をコンセプトに、高いファッション性やフレームデザインの品質は維持しつつも、老若男女を問わずメガネを必要としている全ての人に親和性のある価格、価値、機会を提供していく。

I haven't seen this come up so... whats the best option in Tokyo for a cheap suit? I picked up a Zara on sale but then gained weight and the quality is shit anyway. Are the J-suit stores like Perfect Suit Factory, Suit Select, etc. any good? I checked one out and the suits looked 100x better than anything at Zara or H&M (most were labeled as super 100's, had real modern cuts, etc) but were mostly around 3 man which made me suspicious of their build quality. I'm going to go in and brave their obsequious SA's later in the week but anyone have any experience/advice?

Edit: Thanks all!

They are well made suits for the money. They are all made in China, fused suits but decent cuts in terms of slimness but the shoulders might not be as clean and the fabric is rougher than a higher quality suit and will wrinkle and lose its shape much earlier but for 300 dollars its not bad.

However, if you can, wait for a sale at Dressterior, Tomorrowland, United Arrows, Beams, etc. as you can get a 70,000-80,000 for 20-30% off, up to 50% off and the quality is much better. I have two Joseph Homme suits that I absolutely love that originally were 80,000-90,000 and got them 30% off. Also check out Isetan Men's as they have a ridiculous selection of suits from 30,000 up to Kilgor, Kiton, Isaia baller 500,000-600,000 status suits.

alright, so im in tokyo with the gf for another four days and one of those nights we wanna go out and have dinner somewhere nice($30 to $45) but we dont wanna break the bank because obviously most of the funds were saving are for clothes. anyways, ive got Legato in Shibuya so far. anyway been there? or recommend anywhere else? not looking for any type of cuisine in partic, just something in the same price range

alright, so im in tokyo with the gf for another four days and one of those nights we wanna go out and have dinner somewhere nice($30 to $45) but we dont wanna break the bank because obviously most of the funds were saving are for clothes. anyways, ive got Legato in Shibuya so far. anyway been there? or recommend anywhere else? not looking for any type of cuisine in partic, just something in the same price range

$30 to $45?

Ur fucking kidding me right?

Legato is probably $30-$45 for a small course. Add in wine, appetizers, and dessert/coffee $80-$100 easily.

Hi, i will go to Tokyo later this year. Wanna know if there are good places to shop for designer clothing ? Moreover, if there are any good second hand shops around ? For designer clothing of course ?

Hi, i will go to Tokyo later this year. Wanna know if there are good places to shop for designer clothing ? Moreover, if there are any good second hand shops around ? For designer clothing of course ?

shimamura of course?

january and july, id say.

sales last super-short so you gotta plan ahead

to that du who asked about high fashun shops:

don't hong kongers know a shit load more about tokyo shopping than tokyo locals

at leasta, that's the impression i get

$30 to $45?

Ur fucking kidding me right?

Legato is probably $30-$45 for a small course. Add in wine, appetizers, and dessert/coffee $80-$100 easily.

http://www.legato-tokyo.jp/en/shibuya/menus/grand_menu/18

prolly should have said im not that on wine or desserts. so from the prices on their menu, $45 a person seems reasonable.

as for everyone else, been getting by with usually $25 a day for 2 meals thanks to YAYOIKEN and department store samples in the basements with the occasional splurging here and there for yakitori or tempura udon.

i only got four more days here though=(. but im from socal and the first thing i do when i get back is hit up the local taco shop and get a cali burrito