Nintendo Ds Games

Ichigo100%

ichigO : is that china bootleg smash bros or something?

Nah, its not chinese lol..its japanese..100%..But yea it does play a lot like smash bros but with anime/manga characters..Awesome game..

and phoenix wright is definitely one of my favs for the ds.. Im actually looking forward to Brain age 2

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried modding their DSes in any way? I'm looking to get into something more constructive than reading supertrash, and those SHOCK! enclosures look like a fun project.. The only problem is it doesn't seem very noob-friendly. Has anyone here had experience with those, or modding their DS in general??

i've looked into getting one of those SHOCK housings. i read up on gbatemp, though, that it's complete shit.. they don't always fit right, and it's just poor quality. most of the complaints were regarding the crystal clear housing, which is mad ugly anyway. my r4 has been keeping me distracted from modifying the console cosmetically.. until there's some crazy mod that adds a button for brightness adjustment.

lol dayum, i wanted the crystal clear one simply because its so ugly, on some 90s retro tip.. then i'd put LEDs in it so it glows pretty colors :P

but yeah, im waiting for my R4 to come from dealextreme so maybe my itch to mod will die down once it comes. thanks.

edit: wow in the mornings i sound like a dumbass..

That's too bad. I wasn't expecting anything on a LttP level or anything but the previews made it seem kinda gimicky. Zelda: Minish Cap on GBA was pretty solid for a snes feel if you haven't played it already. It'd be worth a run through.

• 2 months later...

zelda in 3 days... wtf?? The whole time I expecting there to be a second world... far far far too short for what had all the trappings of an awesome game (interface, freedom of movement and non-linear - to an extent - game play)...

The FF XII is bonkers for the ds.. Not as graphically enhanced as the ps2 of course, but for the Ds and its capabilities, it's nuts.. The gameplay is similar to that of the ps2 version only shrunk down to fit the ds..

Overall the game is sick.. Contra 4 i havent gotten to explore but anything to do with contra for me personally is gold..

• 1 month later...
i recently discovered how to use PAR / gameshark codes with my R4

UNLIMITED MONIES IN DRAGON WARRIOR IV

LAH

I need to figure out how to do that. I'm too lazy to unlock the english translation on that game. I've been playing FFIV lately with a patch someone created that translates enemies, menu options, battle options, spells, items and equipment to english. No storyline but you can still play the game pretty normally if you've played the original a million times and know where everything is and where to go.

The new zelda game was pretty fun. Short and relatively easy, but definitley fun.

• 3 weeks later...

just copped my r4 a while ago.. Tired of spending muniez on ds games..

Any good reccomendations? I just got the new advance wars: days of ruin..

Games i have so far:

Mario kart ds

Picross

Meteos

Planet puzzle league

FF III & 4

Final Fantasy Cystal chronicles :ring of fates

Subarashiki kono sekai

Advance wars: days of ruin

Final Fantasy fables: chocobo tales

Contra 4... List goes on

I already own FF XII:revenant wings (amazing game)

Personally i enjoy it because it follows the real time strategy recipe which i really enjoy.. But of course its nothing compared to say FF 4 or the other classics..

Im probably going to start playing the new FF Tactics that just got released in japan.. I think its FF tactics A2.. Seems pretty promising..

The New Super Mario Bros is pretty fun. Classic side scrolling mario action. Some of the stages in the last two levels are relatively difficult. Doesn't take forever to beat, but entertaining if you can download it for free.

As long as you're getting games for free you might want to check out Rune Factory. It's kinda neat for a game that involves some farming and mining.

Yeah, it's Taiko No Tatsujin DS (太鼓の達人DS). I have had it for a while now, and jesus it is a fun game. After I went to Japan and played it in the arcades I knew I had to get the DS version. It even comes with two styluses to simulate the taiko sticks.

Edit* Here is a link to the gameplay http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4BXvBDcrCM

It is infinitely easier to play using your fingers rather than the styluses.

Yeah, it's Taiko No Tatsujin DS (太鼓の達人DS). I have had it for a while now, and jesus it is a fun game. After I went to Japan and played it in the arcades I knew I had to get the DS version. It even comes with two styluses to simulate the taiko sticks.

Edit* Here is a link to the gameplay http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4BXvBDcrCM

It is infinitely easier to play using your fingers rather than the styluses.

Holy fuck this game looks hella fun.. Its like guitar hero but with drums and ds.. Coppin it