Nintendo Ds Games

Ichigo100%

Ah so A2 has been released?

ive been looking forward to that one...the DS could do with some more tactical games

dont know if this has already been posted but word on the street is blizzard is searching/hiring for developers of handheld games

Diablo DS anyone?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does "remastered" mean? Is it going to be like ff4 on gameboy advanced or like the new ff4 on ds (the 3d one which is pretty fun and seems a bit harder than the other "hardtypes" i've played). If it's just the same game with stupid little additions like bestiaries, cut scenes and other bullshit, i'll just stick to my snes cartridge.

Is the new ff cc any good? What the hells is it like since i heard they changed a lot from the first one which was stupid

Diablo will never be the same on the DS.. Shit just doesnt cut it in my opinion..

DS needs more support from square enix more.. Bring back the Nintendo-Square collabo..

I wouldnt be surprised if blizzard created a starcraft DS version.. Again, shit wont compare to the PC version.. It's like bringing guitar hero to DS, I mean ok great another guitar hero title to bring around during your road trips.. But shit doesn't play as effectively as the 360 or Ps3 versions..

It loses it's substance once its ported over

What does "remastered" mean? Is it going to be like ff4 on gameboy advanced or like the new ff4 on ds (the 3d one which is pretty fun and seems a bit harder than the other "hardtypes" i've played). If it's just the same game with stupid little additions like bestiaries, cut scenes and other bullshit, i'll just stick to my snes cartridge.

Is the new ff cc any good? What the hells is it like since i heard they changed a lot from the first one which was stupid

Remastered basically means all the original artforms and designs that were in the 95 version will all be updated to be more "up to date" .New stages, crisp sound and background effects, etc etc.. I think it would be a lot like ffIV on DS which is also going to get remastered too from what i'm hearing..

FFCC isn't bad but it isnt great... i played it for a few days and haven't touched it since.. My focus has been entirely on Tactics A2 which is hella fun.. 400 quests in total in the game, these quests aren't a walk in the park either... shit really pisses me off sometimes

Diablo will never be the same on the DS.. Shit just doesnt cut it in my opinion..

DS needs more support from square enix more.. Bring back the Nintendo-Square collabo..

I wouldnt be surprised if blizzard created a starcraft DS version.. Again, shit wont compare to the PC version.. It's like bringing guitar hero to DS, I mean ok great another guitar hero title to bring around during your road trips.. But shit doesn't play as effectively as the 360 or Ps3 versions..

i absolutely agree but from blizzard's standpoint, the shock factor alone would probably sell enough copies for it to be profitable

now imagine that they could actually swing it and make a halfway decent game out of it

as a DS owner and a Diablo fan, you know youre going to be intrigued

Well of course, I'm already stoked for diablo 3 to begin with..

If blizzard does bring the series to DS it would be a great addition to the ds library and would probably bring in more fanbase for the DS as well.. Appealing to more target markets= more profit..

What DS needs are just RPG's and more tactic based games... Dragon quest titles, bring back orge battle, if possible i wish square would port over the original tactics from the PS1 to the DS..

Well of course, I'm already stoked for diablo 3 to begin with..

If blizzard does bring the series to DS it would be a great addition to the ds library and would probably bring in more fanbase for the DS as well.. Appealing to more target markets= more profit..

What DS needs are just RPG's and more tactic based games... Dragon quest titles, bring back orge battle, if possible i wish square would port over the original tactics from the PS1 to the DS..

FF7 couldnt hurt either but i dont know the space constraints of the DS cartridge...i hear they dont exactly have a lot of room

besides if square was gonna do FF7 i guess theyd be less likely to port it then to just remake it for PS3

oh well...i can still dream

Why would they remake FFIV if it was just remade in 3D recently? If anything, get VI "remastered".

SNES emulation still shoddy? Finna download some The Great Battle.

Kojima fans - this was in my R4 bookmarks - a homebrew demo for Snatcher

cover.jpg

To end this shit on a good note before I head off, the best thing I suggest you do is tune into E3 this year because I have a feeling Nintendo is going to unleash the rapture on these fucks..

I feel that reggie is going to announce a new DS with multiple touch capabilities, accelerometer for more fast paced performance, more flash memory for more creativity.. List goes on..

I'm lookin forward to E3 this year simply because of this, Nintendo needs to turn it up a notch considering Apple has the Itouch and Iphone out, and supposedly Sony is bringing out a next gen PSP with touch capabilities too..

unreal is all im sayin...

Games to look forward to at E3:

Sonic Chronicles

Elebits 2

Spore

Star wars: the force unleashed

New castlevania series..

Goodnight

SNES emulation still shoddy? Finna download some The Great Battle.

emulation with 9x has been running smooth for me

use it mostly for chrono trigger and f-zero

no crashing or hiccups to speak of

google "starlite"

sad this project was cut short b/c of blizzard who threatened to sue

starlite013oc0.png

What about the layers? I hated configuring each game so that all the sprites would show up. I ain't gonna play Gradius without seein' mah Vic Viper mayn

havent had any graphical problems whatsoever with 9x..except an occasional line running down the screen in chrono trigger

ichigo- ffiv wasn't remastered, it was completely redone in 3d. Exact same story, lines, and maps. Almost nothing at all different except for everything being in 3d. Kinda like playing ffvii graphics but on a ds. It has been out since xmas (in japland). I've finished about half of it with a menu, enemy, and spell translation patch. I know the dialogue well enough to play without it instead of waiting for the US release.

If the new CT adds new stages, storyline, and other things i'll proabably pick it up. Then again, if it's for the DS, i can just download it. I do prefer playing snes games on the actual cartridge system though.

I'm mainly waiting for DQIX right now and for the mother3 translation to finish.

ichigo- ffiv wasn't remastered, it was completely redone in 3d. Exact same story, lines, and maps. Almost nothing at all different except for everything being in 3d. Kinda like playing ffvii graphics but on a ds. It has been out since xmas (in japland). I've finished about half of it with a menu, enemy, and spell translation patch. I know the dialogue well enough to play without it instead of waiting for the US release.

If the new CT adds new stages, storyline, and other things i'll proabably pick it up. Then again, if it's for the DS, i can just download it. I do prefer playing snes games on the actual cartridge system though.

I'm mainly waiting for DQIX right now and for the mother3 translation to finish.

you're right, ff IV was redone in 3d which was what i was referring to.. In regards to Chrono Trigger being redone in 3d like FFIV

That'd be cool. THe stuff from that chrono trigger fansite looked pretty good before it got shut down. Not that there was anyway they were going to be able to finish it and make it professional

Fansite or not, this shit is coming out and i'm getting amped for it... This game will once again consume my life.. and with the addition of a new dungeon, it's going to be crazy..

NERD 4 L.I.F.E.

• 2 weeks later...

They just released info on Chrono Trigger DS a few days ago. Its a complete port of the original Super Nintendo release. Just made a bit prettier. Its got a Winter 2008 release date. Anyone can look at the newly updated Chrono Trigger website to check it out.

Anyways, for anyone interested in some hot Final Fantasy/Square discussion I made this thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=56181

That'd be cool. THe stuff from that chrono trigger fansite looked pretty good before it got shut down. Not that there was anyway they were going to be able to finish it and make it professional
you're right' date=' ff IV was redone in 3d which was what i was referring to.. In regards to Chrono Trigger being redone in 3d like FFIV[/quote']

I wouldnt sweat over TWEWY.. The game is really polished, great soundtrack, but the game itself although fun, isn't as great as I thought it would be..

Professor Layton on the other hand will have you on thinkin for days..Literally

edit: and just to add, E3 isn't what it used to be anymore.. Nintendo didn't really showcase much, but I'm getting the assumption that it was purposely done to build speculation..

Same with me... Its funny because I practically forgot about e3 this year.. It was only until my friend mentioned it to me that I actually remembered it.. The only games that interested me was RE5, Banjo Kazooie, The conduit for the wii and of course chrono trigger and the sonic unleashed shit..

I'm waiting until the Tokyo Game Show, shit will be poppin then..

a korg synthesizer is supposed to drop for the ds around july 23. looking forward to getting my hands on it.

edit: also jump ultimate all stars is the shit if you can get your hands on it. just like super smash bros. for all you fans out there...