Nintendo Ds Games

Ichigo100%

It's very much worth the hassle. It's actually not as much work as i thought. Just bought the r4 and the little sd card (sd card off ebay). Once you get it, you just upload the updated operating program from the website onto your little card. Then just get the games. PM me later if you decide to get one and want some links.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro,

I was in the same boat as you, always buyin or importing my games but shit always costed me.. Now that i got my R4, im savin tons and gettin games that im enjoyin at the same time..

For the person who asked about FFT: A2.. I hear good things about it, however im waiting for herpskys feedback since he mentioned the game being monotonous.. Id like to get a bit more detail..

And where'd you find the english patch Suremanok? cuz ive been looking about for it and can;t find it..

I might buy a DS Lite just for the Castlevania games.

How is FFTA2? I really liked the original on the GBA (more than the original FFT actually :o ).

Is the R4 worth the hassle or am i better off just buying games?

appr $35 for the r4, $10 for a micro SD card.

theres no hassle with the R4, just load in the firmware, and games you download from torrents

the two castlevania games were really awesome.

i haven't played contra 4.

RE: FFTA A2 being monotonous.

It's not as challenging as the PSP version. It makes you think a lot about your strategies.

There's just like 3000 missions that look exactly the same and the gameplay is kinda slow.

I couldn't finish playing it b/c it seems like i have to beat those 3000 missions, which look super-similar, to get to the endings.

i dunno. if you like disgaea and shit like that, then i guess youd like it

the two castlevania games were really awesome.

i haven't played contra 4.

RE: FFTA A2 being monotonous.

It's not as challenging as the PSP version. It makes you think a lot about your strategies.

There's just like 3000 missions that look exactly the same and the gameplay is kinda slow.

I couldn't finish playing it b/c it seems like i have to beat those 3000 missions, which look super-similar, to get to the endings.

i dunno. if you like disgaea and shit like that, then i guess youd like it

Herpsky:

Speaking of Castlevania and PSP, any word on Rondo of Blood (I think they are keeping that name)?...it is the remake of the Castlevania game for the Super Famicom that was never released in the States. I heard that it is the best Castlevania to date. I want to see how this stacks up to Symphony of the Night for PSX :P

I got Zelda because it is Zelda, and that I heard it was awesome. Unfortunately I put it down because it was way to slow and kiddie...I'm sure it picks up, but I have to be in the mood to play it again. BTW, using the stylus to throw the boomerang rules!

• 1 month later...

got that r4 like everyone else and life is good. the game i use the most is my kanji dictionary. it's the reason i bought a ds in the first place. they've got a t.v. tuner here in japan for your ds too. shit is crazy.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a gold legend of zelda edition ds, new super mario bros, and the world ends with you. I am loving both games, the world ends with you should speak to any square-enix fan and deff superfuturians. You get the buys clothes and if you wear the popular brands in certain districts you get attack bonuses and such. It's deff worth picking up.

Animal crossing gets boring fast.. (well for me personally).. The fact that you constantly have to keep up up to date with whats going on in the game just gets tiresome to me..

I enjoyed it for maybe 2-3 weeks then deleted it off my r4

m3 = r4

there's a little switch in R4 that lets you use the M3 menu.

it's kinda hard to explain but they are the same thing, I believe.

M3 is the more sophisticated, more updated ds mod... I honestly prefer R4 because of its simplicity but as herp said, they are practically the same format, they perform the same tasks, etc etc..

I just find more shit on R4 more often on the net, plus R4 has their own site where u can update your kernals to keep it fresh..

Reccomended games:

The world ends with you

Taiko du tatsujin ds 2

Cho Nekketukoukou Kuniokun Dodge Ball DS

Professor Layton 1 and 2

• 1 month later...

So basically I just read news regarding a remastered version of chrono trigger for the ds.. I'm fuckin stoked about this.. Even though I've played it on the snes, having it on my ds with a new dungeon and shit bring remastered, shit will be insane..

I'm still going off with tactics a2.. Shit is going to explode once CT comes out

So basically I just read news regarding a remastered version of chrono trigger for the ds.. I'm fuckin stoked about this.. Even though I've played it on the snes, having it on my ds with a new dungeon and shit bring remastered, shit will be insane..

I'm still going off with tactics a2.. Shit is going to explode once CT comes out

a remastered chrono trigger would definitely be amazing...i have the PSX version that came bundled with FF4 (FF Chronicles) and i also have it emulated on my macbookpro (runs smoother than the PSX version)

that plus the redone FF4 thats being released would seriously enhance the DS game catalog

What good games have come out in the past year? The last games I downloaded for this were Rockman ZX Advent and Phantom Hourglass

There's a Taiko no Tatsujin 2 now?

Taiko is a fun game if you're into that type of rhythm game shit.. I own both the first and second and i'm not dissapointed.. Some of the tracks are lame as fuck but still fun to play..

Final Fantasy tactics A2 grimoire just got released and shit is ridiculous.. Not only gameplay but square did an excellent job on the translations..

Super dodgeball is a fun game, if you enjoyed the one for advance, this is no different..

other mentionable titles:

1) The world ends with you

2) Crosswords DS ( don't hate, this game will keep you busy for hours)

3) Arkanoid DS ... FUN as hell..

4) the new space invaders extreme i think its called.. Great remake, will also keep you busy..

5) Professor layton titles are hot right now.. The 3rd one should be launchin in North america soon i hope.. Just about beat the second one..

6)Final fantasy chrystal chronicles

7) Super robot wars OG saga ( Japanese rpg but shit be hella fun) action sequences are nuts imo..

Games to look out for later in the year:

Chrono Trigger

Trauma center 2