Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

i love going to my art classes high, normal classes i dont tend to though.

yumm some early morning diesel to get the blood flowing. gonna make a coffee and have a cig... nothin to do till noon :)

sounds like a fantastic morning.

on the class thing, I have done a few classes high, but I agree, I don't see the appeal. Maybe some subjects, but at this point its all History classes for me, and being high just doesn't seem to work.

That is the thing about the THC is that everyone feels different on it. Personally its a waste of weed for me. It makes me more apathetic towards sitting in a big room of my peers and listening to someone speak about arbitrary topics. Class seems to drag on and on. Also I tend to get anxious when blazed around a whole lot of people so campus is pretty much the last place I wanna be high at.

depends on the type of bud you smoke and how much of it you smoke imo. if im going to blaze and go to a regular class, id prefer to pack something like blue dream, a weaker sativa than something like green crack or sour diesel. ill have a hitter or two of it and feel just super awake and happy, more euphoric than anything, not quite "high"... just my .02 haha

Hey guys I know this might sound like a stupid question but...

I want to get a recommendation, is there any way that employers could find that? I am currently studying for the LSAT and I dunno, I think it might hinder me from becoming a lawyer maybe.

Second, does having a recommendation or card help you pass the drug test even if you fail it? Or do companies still not hire you simply because you failed the drug test? (Both situations have happened to my friends but most of them did not have cards or recommendations, wondering how it worked out for you guys.)

Anyway, I live in California if that changes anything.

Guest Methimphibian
Hey guys I know this might sound like a stupid question but...

I want to get a recommendation, is there any way that employers could find that? I am currently studying for the LSAT and I dunno, I think it might hinder me from becoming a lawyer maybe.

Second, does having a recommendation or card help you pass the drug test even if you fail it?

It is impossible for employers to find out because it's part of medical history.

A recc does not cover you on a drug test. There is a inexpensive product called "urineluck" that is mixed with the pee sample. I bought one just in case, but I've never actually had to use it.

Panda i would not get the card if i were you. I too am a californian. I have a few friends with med cards. Although normally your medical records are confidential, the government still has access to your information. When you have a medical card youre issued a number as well identifying you as a mmj patient. Now although you have to renew your perscription once a year, a record is still kept of when you had a med card. Another reason to not ger the card is because for many big companies such as corporations, public service agencies, as well as law firms that require you to pass a drug gest in order to get the job even if you have a mjj card it will disqualify you for the job. Employers just dont want potheads that medically require mj in order to function. Another reason why not to get a card, for many higher paying jobs they require background checks. Now in order to be considered for the job you sign a few papers consenting the hiring company to go through all of your personal info.

Bottom line- dont get a mmj card until youve already established a career. Thennnn you can get a card and itll be smooth sailing. Plus if your friends already have cards (assuming they are good friends) you can just have them pick up buds for you.

I hope this was helpful

Ah I see, but I thought that a rec was different from a card in that you are not issued a patient number, it's merely a confidential prescription given to you by a doctor. I thought employers could find out if you had a card but not a recommendation? That's what my friends say?

I mean honestly, it's not a big deal, it'd just be a lot more convenient(and fun...) to go pick them out myself.

And although I can see why it'd cause a problem, doesn't the rec only last a year? So I don't think employers could find out about something that only lasts for a year and needs to be renewed...that'd be like if they checked if you have a gym subscription...

But yeah...not a big deal just wondering if you guys have had experience with this kinda stuff.

Hell yea. The government tracks everything we do. Thats the point of a ss number. Im positive you provide your ss number or drivers license when you get your recc or card...

Big brother is watching

*awkward pause* everyone backs away from their keyboards and never posts on sufu marijuana subforum again. :confused:

nice goin simon! ;)

I'm sure big employers will go to great lengths to research your background should you ever apply for a job with them. I've also heard (not sure how reliable this is) that if you have a card you discreetly get taken off organ donor lists, meaning you can't receive transplants. they treat it just like alcoholics or heavy smokers abusing their bodies.