Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

Thanks bud, that's what everyone says...

...why can't I be a lawyer?

Well I feel like someone who is interested in law would sink their teeth into the type of question you asked. The legalities of medical marijuana aren't very complicated and it appears you havent done even a little bit of research. This is why i question your chosen profession. No offense, but come on...

Another reason to not ger the card is because for many big companies such as corporations, public service agencies, as well as law firms that require you to pass a drug gest in order to get the job even if you have a mjj card it will disqualify you for the job.

This is poorly written to the point of being incorrect. So let me clear this up, hopefully. Having a medical card does not excuse you from passing a drug test. Your ability to pass the test has nothing to do with having a card. So thats sort of misleading...

Employers just dont want potheads that medically require mj in order to function. Another reason why not to get a card, for many higher paying jobs they require background checks. Now in order to be considered for the job you sign a few papers consenting the hiring company to go through all of your personal info.

This is also incorrect. There are no companies that are looking at their applicants to see if they have a medical card. Thats what drug tests are for. Just because you have a medical marijuana card doesn't necessarily mean you are a medica marijuana user.

Those background checks are to look for illegal activity and questionable money handeling skills (part of that background check is usually a credit check)

In short you are incredibly uniformed and giving bad advice.

The only reason to not get a medical card in terms of career choices are if you are so much of a pothead you cant do your job correctly. There are no companies that are actively searching for and firing employees or choosing to not hire individuals based on medical marijuana.

You may also not want to get a card if you plan on needing a transplant anytime soon because some states are actively removing people from the list.

So, in short medical marijuana doesn't have its own set of privacy rules. Its falls into the same exact context as all other medical issues...confidential. So a simple background, even a goverment background check, will not show that you have a medical marijuana card.

I hope this is more helpful than whatever tinfoil hat nonsense was spewed out above...

Oh and Id like to clear up your issue regarding cards vs. recs. They are essentially the same thing. The rec is the legal paper that the dr. signs stating he is approving you for the use of medical marijuana. The card is just the proof that you have a rec. That way you dont have to carry around a big sheet of legal paper, you just keep the card in your wallet.

Though for some reason the card has changed. It used to be a regular wallet sized card but now its flash card sized and is printed on the paper type of paper as the rec. I dont know why and I'm not sure if its a statewide change or just one my provider in particular made.

Have other Cali users experienced this?

Well, I haven't really "hallucinated" before and thought that by taking a tab, I would get to experience it, but basically, it didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I felt good as fuck for a while

edit: I was just wondering how I could "hallucinate"? This may sound pretty stupid haha

Only time I've really been hallucinating was from shrooms in Amsterdam this summer. Did it 2 times. First time I was lying in bed hallucinating, second time I was running around in a sort of Marijuana high x5.

I understand your fascination with hallucinations, but I don't really have a good answer. Maybe don't try to force it. If you are too conscious trying to experience something specific, it never works in my experience. Or just do DMT.

psychedelics are my tip. a lot of the acid we've been getting down here in socal requires you eat 3 or so tabs for a real full on trip. 1-2 will give you a taste, but will just make everything wiggle and wobble more or less.

any down with the d-meth, dmt, demetri. planning on posting a psychedelics thread with emphasis on dimethyltryptamine.

Yea, I got you. It just felt like a weed high x5 for me, too. I'll probably just get my hands on shrooms because I probably won't be able to get my hands on DMT. I don't take shit often so I guess I just look for the best outcome

edit: Fosho, dude. I'm in socal and now that I read that it helps I guess haha

edit2: How long does a trip with 3 tabs last? and what are your guys' preferred methods on taking tabs? I just put mine under my tongue until it dissolved.

I've done DMT a time or two and enjoyed it greatly. Never did it with weed though because im scared. I have yet to break through either.

If you cant get your hand on processed DMT you can make it on your own. Look it up.

DMT extraction is incredibly simple, but if you dont have the privacy it might be hard to explain to your parents.

Mom: "what are you doing with those pots and pans and whats that smell?"

You: "Tripping balls if you would mind your own goddamn business jesus christ mom wtf?"

three tabs should be an 6-8 hour experience. 1 hour or so come up, 2-3 hour peak visuals/trip, and then 2-3 hours of coming down. not like a shitty come down or anything, but just less and less visuals/acid weirdness.

i am pro natural hallucinogens though. pretty much just pro-dmt actually.

go hang out at some raves and find some hippie dudes, you can find DMT out here. it's an experience you will be happy you've had.

and salvia was always really gnarly, disassociating trip to me. just throws me right into hypnagogia. just enter this world of color and mechanical gears and junk. weird thing is, the first time I smoked DMT, the general feeling felt like how I felt on salvia. just this offput "i'm picking up other dimensions" type feeling haha

Salvia isnt a hallucinogen and if thats what you're going after you're going to get a weird awakening.

If you just want an out of body experience then Salvia is an option. I'm not really a fan of the experience but clearly people seem to enjoy it.

tu madre, you want to hallucinate? go eat a eighth of shrooms a hour before sunset and go to the a park. lay on the grass and look at the clouds in the sky. not before long, the sky will become a moving checkerboard. if there is a pond nearby, and it starts to look like a rippling warp tunnel, just try to remember it will not teleport you to anywhere you'd actually want to go.

goodfella- If only I was 18 haha. Do you go to a lot of the socal raves?

ktothe- Oh, ic. May you explain out of body? goodfella seems to say it's like DMT

fallen angels- I'll take that into consideration haha

edit: haha forsure, fallen. I'm trying to get my hands on some

I think i misspoke. It doesnt cause an out of body experience just a dissociative one as stated earlier.

In my experience I smoked a bowl, planned on tripping balls while watching dave chappelle's hbo dvd and he came out of the tv and dis his standup act infront of me. when i looked around i was suddenly alone in the arena and scared as shit. when i came too i tried to run out of my room scared but i couldnt because salvia nails you to the floor. It was a bad experience. Extremely bad.

shit, man. That sounds scary lol. I'm guessing you never tried it again

edit: Yep, I'm officially scared haha

Sorry, guiz. I'll just wait until that dude makes the thread.

Sadly, I have to put off bud until the summer. I'll probably just get a card when I'm 18