My Tokyo Blog (well, sort of)

herpsky

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling of that was almost on par to, if not greater than, that when your business collapse or go bankrupt. We invested on the drinks etc, only to have those guys take over just like that. Arrrghhhh!!!!:mad:

Man, it's only drinks, women aren't obligated to give you shit for crappy midori sour, otherwise every horny ass motherfucker here would goto bartending school instead of learning Japanese.

^haha.

Miz's post and the image of some Asian guys in a booth getting heated about a couple Japanese girls getting up and moving along got me to thinking that I gotta give my award for most swagger and confidence to Nietzsche, guy wrote books about why he was so great and wrote all kinds of lavish shit about Frau Wagner. Guy probably didn't fuck around with buying cocktails for girls.

first, i wouldn't call them "jap girls" that's like calling you a "chink boy" or whatever you are.

second, what were you expecting them to do after you bought them drinks? go home with you? suck your dick or something?

thirdly, i wouldn't base your opinion on all japanese women on those girls, cuz that would be dumb.

fourthly, like my homeboy djrajio said, it's all about confidence and swagger. if you are whining over a couple girls leaving your table after you bought them drinks, then you have neither.

man up, kid.

quoted for truth.

my new role model

Guest jmatsu
I think there are some circumstances where its ok to buy a girl a drink. For example: You chat up a girl at a bar/club, build some rapport, then use the drink buying as a transition to take her and you to a more private area to build up the intimacy. I don't like the idea of hard and fast rules all the time and I have definitely used the buy a drink line to amplify the attraction; usually when I know the girl is into me. But I agree, you should never suggest buying a girl a drink on the onset...

rajio knows what he's talking about, but i'm not methodical enough to follow these conventions. i adhere to the hard and fast rules all the time ("going"). i usually live it up when i go drinking, whether i be on the prowl or just hanging out with friends. i'll buy drinks for females regardless of whether or not my chances of taking them home are great or poor. i don't really look at it as getting laid anymore. i go out to have a good time, get fucked up, and hopefully get people around me fucked up because it's alot funner that way. if i happen to get lucky it's just more icing on the cake.

i don't know. i've invaded random karaoke boxes, suggested buying drinks for random girls, and pretty much push up on anyone girl i find attractive. things have never ended terribly. worst case scenario is that i make a female connection/friend or a total bitch entertains me for the night, and i never see her again.

good night/moring. i'll probably get on the comp in about 3hours.

Japanese women are not some mystical creature that harder to get then any other women. When you put the pussy on a pedestal, thats why it gets hard for you. Just have some swagger and style and there shouldnt be a problem. I'm chinese and gets ton of japanese girls. But I don't treat them any differently than korean or chinese girls. It doesnt hurt that I resemble Yamapi also.

Japanese women are not some mystical creature that harder to get then any other women. When you put the pussy on a pedestal, thats why it gets hard for you. Just have some swagger and style and there shouldnt be a problem. I'm chinese and gets ton of japanese girls. But I don't treat them any differently than korean or chinese girls. It doesnt hurt that I resemble Yamapi also.

Tell 'em how to rock that swagger, son!

Again, I think it comes down to if you've got style/swagger/confidence. Speaking Japanese helps. Then again, many girls just like attention. Who is to say the girls didn't leave those Japanese guys later in the night as well? It always a crap-shoot, trick is to have an edge and go big when the odds are against the house. But again, sometimes you'll be up and sometimes you'll be down. Don't let it get to you. Probably, if you were vibing with them, you should have suggested to transition to a more private lounge or something...i dunno...

My friend have the style/swagger, just that he couldnt speak any Japanese and the girl was talking in Japanese english which makes it hard for us to communicate. The thing was before those guys came, we had wanted to bring them somewhere more private and intimate.

But they said that they are comfortable there, and wanted to stay there. Thats why we started buying them drinks, so that they'd get more comfortable with us when they are drunk. Only to have those hynas taking our share:mad:

first, i wouldn't call them "jap girls" that's like calling you a "chink boy" or whatever you are.

second, what were you expecting them to do after you bought them drinks? go home with you? suck your dick or something?

thirdly, i wouldn't base your opinion on all japanese women on those girls, cuz that would be dumb.

fourthly, like my homeboy djrajio said, it's all about confidence and swagger. if you are whining over a couple girls leaving your table after you bought them drinks, then you have neither.

man up, kid.

firstly, i wanted to type faster, didnt expect anyone to get so sensitive over this issue here, my apologies to everyone offended by this. Point taken.

secondly, no of course not. I just wanna be friends to them and know a bit more of their cultures... wait a second, hell yeah! deep down inside thats what i was hoping (the sucking dick part) maybe bang them on the ass would be sweet too:p

thirdly, im not that experienced bout Japanese women, and from the posts i read, it seems that djrajio is the don juan in the eyes of Japanese women, thats why i asked for his enlightenment.

fourthly, the drinks are just one of the reasons. The main reason was the fact that they just took over something we have invested for the night. It felt kinda suck, just like milspex said.

thanks for the advice though, appreciated.

My friend have the style/swagger, just that he couldnt speak any Japanese and the girl was talking in Japanese english which makes it hard for us to communicate. The thing was before those guys came, we had wanted to bring them somewhere more private and intimate.

But they said that they are comfortable there, and wanted to stay there. Thats why we started buying them drinks, so that they'd get more comfortable with us when they are drunk. Only to have those hynas taking our share:mad:

you are clearly a douche who is trying to play out of his league. go back to the mingers son.

I don't look like Yamapi, and most of my buddies in Japan didn't either, but we all did alright when it came to dating the women. Like anywhere, if you're good-looking or rich and not awkward, you can get some of the hotter women. If you're an average Joe like most of us, then your best luck is with the less high-main women. Just show them some attention, make them laugh once in a while, and you should be good.

Nah, you got it wrong. Jgirls hate overconfident dudes. When I was a quiet nerdy kid I got tons of Jpussy in Australia. These days, coz I`m older and dont give a fuck what ppl think about me anymore I`m just like "yo, whatsup" to any girl, in Japanese whatever, I got no problem with small talk in japanese. But Ive seen lots of nerdy kids and quiet guys with almost NO japanese skills get the hottest girls here. Was just out and this older banker with perfect japanese in our party tried street nanpa on a couple of girls that walked past, said he had the lines and the moves. From what I could tell the girls just looked scared and he didnt get any numbers.

In my higly-informed opinion (10 years experience hitting on jgirls) to get girls in Tokyo u gotta be under 25, skinny and quiet. Also helps to fit the nice guy, "ladies first" image whites have here.

Don't know why I'm agreeing with mil so much in this thread, but this is another partial truth.

A few japanese male friends have separately told me that J-girls are suckers for the "nice guy" thing. Like, offering to carry something for someone, etc etc.

Of course this depends on the girl, but if you're full out foreigner (whitey), I doubt they're searching for the all too common japanese male attitude of "fuck it i'll say what I want/do what I want, fuck you", only in the body of a white male. If you look like a magazine model or something equally desireable to them, you could probably do anything and they'd still be down, but J-girls that even consider white guys(or whatever) an option are most likely also looking for the attitude and outlook that they think goes with it. White dudes have the image of ladies first, being considerate etc, which is the reason you occasionally see guys who in the US would get ZERO play with acceptably attractive japanese girls.

Im sure people's opinions might differ, and for halves I could see this being very different, they expect you to be a typical japanese who looks exotic.

^ I am agreeing with this partly, as it is probably true for most countries throughout Asia.

I think, however, somewhere in this thread, 'confidence/swagger' have been misinterpreted as being overly forward/cocky/early bird status which takes this whole conversation back to the beginning.

In Asia, you try being overly forward/direct, and you'll get shot down just as quickly. Just as in the rest of the world, how many quality women are really going to answer "sure" to some guy walking up to them and asking "hey baby wanna fuck?"...

Forward/direct in Asia is usually perceived as just downright rude. Djrajio once mentioned that negging Japanese girls probably wouldn't work well either, which I agree with. More so than Western girls, the typical Asian girl personality has that duality where the outer ego dealing with the most superficial things can be huge, and the inner ego can be in shreds, and the two can coexist, alot of this driven by the superficial nature of Asian cultures today. Encounters with the opposite sex usually inflate that outer ego even more if guys feed them lots of lines, but do little for the inner. Needless to say there are the next level of girls who do have this under control, but when you talk about going out on the street, the pubs and the clubs, most girls you walk up to over here will probably be like this.

Additionally, last point to make is that it's not really a matter of being a foreigner trying to approach a stranger, it's a matter of just being a stranger approaching a stranger, which is not as kosher in Asia. Going back to lacquered for example, those girls probably enjoyed the aspect of meeting new people, something different/new, but when it comes down to it, sex only happens when the woman is comfortable enough to grant you entrance.

Dismalfuture, you understanding of the differences between cultures is spot on. I agree that you have to do much more calibration when approaching Asian women here. It's a level of knowing when you certain things and when not to; adjusting and picking up on non-verbal cues that I think most foreigners aren't used to dealing with.

I got photographed for a fashion shoot for Soe label today in Yoyogi. Met up with some models from Friday agency (Lad Musician, N. Hoolywood). Overall pretty interesting experience. The guys know 2000db which is kinda ironic. And everyone kept talking about how Berlin is the next big thing.

In Asia, you try being overly forward/direct, and you'll get shot down just as quickly. Just as in the rest of the world, how many quality women are really going to answer "sure" to some guy walking up to them and asking "hey baby wanna fuck?"...

dont think anyones talking about doing that. More like not being scared to say whatsup to a girl and tell a joke/make her laugh/get her talking. Jap girls dont like that. They think you`re a playboy. Better to sit and be quiet in the club in Japan. The girls will come to you (as long as your skinny and young)

dont think anyones talking about doing that. More like not being scared to say whatsup to a girl and tell a joke/make her laugh/get her talking. Jap girls dont like that. They think you`re a playboy. Better to sit and be quiet in the club in Japan. The girls will come to you (as long as your skinny and young)

Yeah, I guess we apparently we agree on this. Asian people live lives of routines and random strangers popping out of the woodwork are going to be taken with caution. Obviously the better looking girls will be more used to it...

I point to the phenomenon of gokon and blind dates that usually prove successful in Asia to prove my point that without some liability and agency, Asian girls generally don't reach that comfort level with you needed for sex upon initial meeting, whereas a simple introduction from a mutual friend that includes a name and short description could be all that is needed to for a girl to predetermine whether she is going to have sex with you or not. Likewise hitting the club floor and going to work is going to be less successful than in Western countries as displayed value goes by different standards over here.

There's a lot of of my opinion that I want to point out regarding this topic, though it could take pages..

Swagger is definitely the wrong word, I dont see why so many people mentioned it again after djrajio. Swagger is basically blatant arrogance and insolence.

Confidence/reasonable assuredness of oneself is what the point was, which definitely makes sense

dismalfuture you sound pretty spot on, but in reference to Japan mainly, not all of Asia.

Most Asian countries cant touch the overall forwardness/development/superficiality, etc of Japan

What other brands are there in Japan the same price range and aesthetic of Hare...and where in Harajuku is the Hare store?

It's right by that Yamano (not too sure of its name) beauty school (on the same side of the street as Vandalize). It's also like right across from ONE LOVE nike air force 1 store.

I personally prefer the daikanyama hare (go to the back side of daikanyama address, walk past lad musician... if you see eliminator and lift position you went too far. its on the 2F, right above lowrey's farm)

harajuku's selection seems a bit larger though.

I think there's a hare in la foret but i havent been there.

as far as hare-esque brands go, the closest label is Rage Blue. Another trendy but affordable label is Global Work.

edit: after some search, GW, RB, and Hare are all owned by the same corporation. pwn3d