My Tokyo Blog (well, sort of)

herpsky

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a korean...is she big there? Is there like a translator or something when she sings?

When I wuz in tko I was only with foreigners and didnt really approach too many of the locals, but I'm thinking koreans (with the exception of pop stars) have less of a chance with the Japanese girls then do whites or mixed breeds, yeah? or has that changed? going back there in the fall...

BOA speaks japanese very fluently.

she sings in japanese.

and all of her single CDs always make it into the oricon top 10 (billboard equivalent).

and she's very cute. i want.

Depending on age group shit, cause of the whole hanryuu boom, and korean culture still favoring pretty well here, Korean guys are actually saught after by a lot of Japanese women (granted not particularly early 20's). This is because Japanese exposure to Korean men is really influenced by Korean dramas that, of course, have the romantic handsome korean males in the lead.

My take on being white in Japan.

-To whoever said speaking the language is a help, you're wrong. Its a huge help for making real friends/ an actual girlfriend, no doubt, but if you're looking to hook up, being a tourist is best. This is also because, in my opinion, those who dont speak enough of the language tend to have the whole "i can be loud and stupid and standout and nobody is going to do shit" attitude, they don't realize cultural boundaries etc. So obviously these types standout more, and garner more attention from the Gaijin-hunters. Then those who speak and aren't culturally ignorant have more of a tendency to not be a loud spoken typical drunk tourist. This is kind of a downside since one night stands aren't typically decided by having an indepth discussion, its about dancing and portraying yourself as what they want- foreign.

Also, girls looking for foreigners specifically are typically learning english, or want to, and as a means to a goal, the foreigner who wont speak any japanese to you is more helpful to your cause, so you'll favor that out of personal interest.

hope that made sense. Fuck, I need to go clubbing more here though, no money now though.

Hope that made sense.

Yeah that does make sense and could explain why I have less success than ever and speak better Jap than ever.

And Thomas, you got a point about Jap girls overseas. They`re like built in wanting white guys. I fucked like 8 or 10 Jgirls in Australia but in Japan almost nothing.

in reality it goes with anyone from any place going over seas though.. i mean.. if you have such a strong interest in a place that you are willing to move over there then some of that romance is bound to cover courtship too..

like im sure 99% of guys who are 'interested in japanese culture' are also interested in the girls.. i dont even think its that bad of a thing.. but its plain embarassing the amount of gaijin in japan who are there just to try and fuck the girls coz they dont get anything back home.. if your only trump card is the colour of your skin you cant be much of a person.

I came to Japan to buy shit but I wouldnt mind getting laid more often..fact is most girls in Japan are Japanese. If I hook up with a Jap girl does that mean I`m a Jap fetishist? Well I am but it doesnt necessarily mean that...

yes..there it is indeed. and the world continues to revolve on its axis.

Personally, even as a short-mixed-asian, I don't think I've had much trouble here in Tokyo meeting women.

I've said it before, but here's my perspective on the whole japanese girl / white guy issue.

Basically I tend to group (in the broadest sense) the women here into two groups (BUT BASICALLY ITS THE SAME ANYWHERE - NYC, LONDON).

1) Girls who lived in their home country their whole lives and haven't lived abroad / havent had much interaction w/ foreigners

2) Girls who have lived abroad / are more cosmopolitan about the world / know what's up

Basically the first group tend to be attracted to the media's protrayal of foreigners (typically white) and tend to be very domestic. They have a very idealized sense of the world and lack a broad set of experiences and understanding about politics, economics, literature, etc. In a sense, they tend to be extremely non-reflective about anything and tend to think Japan/home country is the center of the galaxy. They tend to be pretty naive, go for the typical 'foreigner' image, IMO as an escape from the domestic world / monotony of their lives; somehow the foreigner will give them a new set of experiences they've never experienced before and they are attracted to that. Because they haven't had much experience w/ foriegners, they tend to go out w/ any guy that is foreign 'white' be it French, Britisth, American, (even though they are very different culturally) etc., even if the guy looks and acts like a total dork/pussy, these girls dont have the ability to tell the difference. Problem w/ these type of girls is that they are EXTREMELY BORING. Their lives basically consist of living a home w/ their parents, shopping, eating, and shopping some more. These are the type of girls IMO that want to be marry quickly, pop-out a few babies, and live the good life w/ their sugar daddy.

The second group tend to be more career oriented, maybe work for a foreign firm, have lived abroad, speak English. These types of girls are much more independent, tend be more knowledgeable about various topics, etc. Also, because they have a sizable number of foreign friends or have interacted w/ foreigners in many capacities in their lives, they are much more acute to which guys have game and which guys are total losers. These girls know the japanese woman/white guy stereotype and use it to their advantage (those that are dimes tend to pull in the real catches and those that are mediorce tend to flock to the foreigners w/ money or power who may not be the most handsome). Aside from this, I find that the more cosmopolitan women tend to be more flexible and date a range of guys of different nationalities (Indian, Chinese, Mexican, etc). Basically, I find these girls to be much more interesting because they have something going on. They are much more savvy and sophisticated and generally are more fun to be around.

As for highstreets comment about Japanese girls in England/London being attracted to English guys, I think it goes both ways. Just think about all the American girls going to France because of the allure of the city and meeting some suave French guy. I think any person that is compelled to leave their home country to live abroad somewhere else will have a natural affinity to be attracted to the locals in that country. I actually know a few Japanese girls that LOVE Singaporian and Taiwanese guys. They worked and studied abroad in these countries and say the guys are MUCH better than the Japanese guys back home and prefer to only date Chinese guys, so really I think there's something for everyone in Tokyo. You just gotta have game!

and there it is folks.

Guest jmatsu
I came to Japan to buy shit but I wouldnt mind getting laid more often..fact is most girls in Japan are Japanese. If I hook up with a Jap girl does that mean I`m a Jap fetishist? Well I am but it doesnt necessarily mean that...

nah. i mean you live in japan. the majority of females are japanese. what are you supposed to do, just fuck australians? i'ts the dudes that only try to fuck a specific ethnicity of women no matter where they are.

i really don't even care cause my dad was probably a japanophile.

Guest jmatsu
in reality it goes with anyone from any place going over seas though.. i mean.. if you have such a strong interest in a place that you are willing to move over there then some of that romance is bound to cover courtship too..

like im sure 99% of guys who are 'interested in japanese culture' are also interested in the girls.. i dont even think its that bad of a thing.. but its plain embarassing the amount of gaijin in japan who are there just to try and fuck the girls coz they dont get anything back home.. if your only trump card is the colour of your skin you cant be much of a person.

thomas you're all good cause i don't give a fuck about osaka.

i'd be interested in some of the cultural difference between an englishman and a japanese woman though...

i don't know if you want to get that personal, but what are some of the most typical probs you've faced. how did you meet her? a takoyaki convention?

Guest jmatsu
really you guarantee me? Nah, I talk alright jap to 10 girls every time I`m out in Tokyo, havent hooked up yet. You`re just a good lookin halfie so its easy for you..you dont know what its like for whites. Everyones like "oh you`re white, you get laid easy in Japan", but it aint like that for a lot of white guys I know in Japan. They either dont get laid or can only get really UGLY girls. Its a myth that jap girls like whites.

spex,

i don't know where you tried hunting, or how you roll... i do guarantee if you dress up in even a cheap looking suit, go to roppongi to a certain club on a certain night/event, and talk to girls, you'll hook up. besides my dad's sperm is weak. i look like my mother...

think about it, which race besides japan's own gets the most exposure in the media?

i don't know if you want to get that personal, but what are some of the most typical probs you've faced. how did you meet her? a takoyaki convention?

shes from gunma, not osaka, so no takoyaki. she studies dance in london, and i met her when i was living there.. friend of a friend who introduced us a couple of times in bars but we never talked much. one day i was waiting in bricky for a friend to finish work, and i saw her walk past and i was pretty bored so was just like ''hey, wanna get lunch or something'' [or similar - cant really remember exact wording].. it was a lovely sunday so we got a couple of beerus and sat in the sun.

met up with her a couple days later then kept it regs.

i dont think there is any problems we have i could blame on 'cultural difference'.. i think im pretty understanding of her, im really not that bad of a guy.

however.. about 3 years ago i was with a diff. japanese girl [coincidence i promise! in the interim there was all sorts of multicultural fancies...], and i dumped her because i thought she wasnt that interested in me and i was a bit embarassed to ask her. i really liked her so it kinda cut me up that she didnt seem very into me.

she wasnt very vocal about her feelings and after we split we didnt talk for a while.. i didnt even give her a reason why we broke up in the first place. i acted like a jerk i guess, but i honestly thought she just wasnt bothered because she never told me how she felt or anything.

anyway.. a few months later i found out she was megatron in love with me and shit, and all our mutual friends were trying to explain that it was just because japanese arent so exposed to public affection and talking about that kind of thing. by that time it was all too late, i had boned her friend from barcelona and it was only a matter of time before the news got back round to her so i tried not to confuse her anymore with my shit and walked.

stil think of her though. pretty bad.

Guest jmatsu

^^ what kind of dance does your girl study?

she's not to far away from tokyo, so tell her to hook me up with some of her friends.

anyway i'm going back to jp this saturday. i tried to copy herp and meet some girls on line. i tried jap mixie and tokyo craigslist. i have some prospects. i'll be takingover this blog from time to time for about a month.

speaking of TOKYO craigslist, ive actually gotten into touch with some REAL girls.

i pretended that i was a whiteman on a business trip.

as soon as i revealed taht i was a jap, they refused to email me any more.

they emailed me in the most broken engrish possible.

she's not to far away from tokyo, so tell her to hook me up with some of her friends.

anyway i'm going back to jp this saturday. i tried to copy herp and meet some girls on line. i tried jap mixie and tokyo craigslist. i have some prospects. i'll be takingover this blog from time to time for about a month.

Hey J. If you get a go-con going let me know. I'm down to join. :cool:

Guest jmatsu
speaking of TOKYO craigslist, ive actually gotten into touch with some REAL girls.

why'd you pretend to be white? i mean that shits funny and all, but the end outcome is pretty obvious...

Guest jmatsu
Hey J. If you get a go-con going let me know. I'm down to join. :cool:

homie, you're always welcome, but it'd be nice if you hooked me up or at least made it on time for a change...

Dude. Why be dishonest about who you are? That's such weak game. You should have been upfront and told them the truth. Do you feel you're not attractive enough to women that you have to resort to lying? Women are attracted to guys who are confident in themselves despite inperfections. Next time come off as a confident international Japanese/American and charm them w/ your pre-med knowledge and international experiences. Don't lower yourself just to get tail. Have some pride man.

homie, you're always welcome, but it'd be nice if you hooked me up or at least made it on time for a change...

hahaha. Noted. I can arrange a go-con if you wish but all my chicks dig guys in finance. I dunno how to swing it both ways, creative types | business types..., you know?

BTW. We could go a golf-outing if you're interested. I remember you and your senpai play right? I know some chicks that would be down for that...

Guest jmatsu

i think herp would do could with the bitches that hang out infront of the gap. it's not too difficult... i have some jap friends who speak perfect english, but front like they're from america. they pretend to be tourists and ask random girls to give them a tour fo urahara. this went well, but backfired later because the girls figured out the truth.

herp are you down with all the bxh staff? i heard they roll with some good looking females...

Guest jmatsu
hahaha. Noted. I can arrange a go-con if you wish but all my chicks dig guys in finance. I dunno how to swing it both ways, creative types | business types..., you know?

BTW. We could go a golf-outing if you're interested. I remember you and your senpai play right? I know some chicks that would be down for that...

man, i should give up the retail game and get all elito and shit. yeah man let's go play some golf! before i leave honolulu i'm going to compete in the honolulu kansai taikai!

wish me luck! the pots around 10k. if i win, i'll take everybody on an onsen vaca.

cool, ill be lurking also,im flyin out in a few days.

-foreigners don't know the rules. Even the "sex" industry in Japan has strict rules

-foreigners may bring STD's

-language barrier

hahaha, you buy the hype the Japs spin so bad. "Japs dont have STDs??? Japanese dont have aids" Hahaha, which Jap apologist did you let convince you of that? Its pure racism is what it is.