My Tokyo Blog (well, sort of)

herpsky

Yeah, I really like Bonjour Records, just cause they love Justice/EB so much. Udagawacho has a bunch of good record stores as well.

My Tokyo favourites are Warzawa (Shibuya) and Escalator Records (sortof hidden on a backstreet in harajuku). The latter is a café/record store and the drink list is awesome and fun. All drinks are named after "indie"/electro artists like patrick wolf, pedro winter, hot chip, klaxons etc... "Uffie" is fantastic.

heprsky: do you know what the "more sale" at beams will means more practically/specifically? I plan on going to POV early the 27th (?) to see if they get more good stuff or just lower the price.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
Anything related to Ed Banger / Electro-clash / Parisian club music / ironic t-shirts ala Revolver / Jermey Scott / William B. / Diet Butcher / chunky high-tops / Boys with frizzled-permed bobbed haircuts or faux-mohawks w/ close buzzing on the sides -- boys are becoming more and more feminine in Tokyo its disgusting...

the kinds of girls that these femme-boys go after aren't really the ones you're into anyway...

electro nurave shit in tokyo....

i always wondered wy kitsune's clothing could never take off. besides the fact that it's not that great, they have great press, okay distro, etc. from a biz perspective, why have their numbers been down? what do you think raj?

oh... i saw the dex pistols video. it was cool. i don't know why they get so much love though. they play basically the same set every show. how was unit btw? i recommend seeing the lowbrows. you'd like them (if you dont already).

i found some white mihara x puma high tops

didnt buy em though

cause carrying shoes back to the states is pretty painful

i found some white mihara x puma high tops

At Sosu? They haven't got more sale stuff in I presume? I was there a few weeks ago but everything wass so smaaall... and I thought the japanese guys would go after the small sizes and leave M (well, L, in Yasuhiros case) for me. :(

Herpz, i have plans of potentially moving to japan in the future..Ive always been involved with the culture and the history however ive never gotten the chance to really experience it hands on..(only through wikipedia info and what not)

what area would you defenitely suggest i move around?

btw im into the whole city lifestyle but also a bit of the laid back countryside

i dunno.

ROPPONGI?

i cant really provide anything useful b/c i am 125% japanese and how i view things does not necessarily reflect what foreign people see.

what are you doing in tokyo?

are you balling like seung (who buys lots of MMJ)?

it really depends on the purpose and what you wanna do.

also, there are areas that are gaijin / non-japanese-asian friendly.

oh yeah

i saw a guy decked out with roen and MMJ today

creepy

im sorry but if you are non-japanese asian, you will never get the perks of caucasian residents in japan.

the folks working at isetan, head porter, BWS, BBC, and FIL may love you but thats about it.

i went to vandalize for the first time today. very unique streetwear for cheap.

they had a package called

"ichinose and takahashi remix undercover"

it's basically a collection of 3 "anarchy" themed tees the two guys sold at nowhere, ltd (where bape used to be - i mean where urahara history was born).

also they still had UC x Vandalize tees from a few seasons ago. im totally surprised that people are sleeping on these mothafuckas.

i actually met mr. ichinose, the owner of vandalize, today

he was taking a cig break outside.

isnt ichigo 100% one of the most super-otaku mangas ever.

cause on 2ch, i saw "a list of mangas that i would never ever want anyone to know that im reading"

Guest jmatsu
i actually met mr. ichinose, the owner of vandalize, today

he was taking a cig break outside.

isnt ichigo 100% one of the most super-otaku mangas ever.

cause on 2ch, i saw "a list of mangas that i would never ever want anyone to know that im reading"

i think i mentioned it before, but i was in love with vandalize, a pied piper, denime, or pretty much everything that the defunct "a new shop" used to stock. i will make it a point to post an og vandalize peice in this thread.

wtf are you going on about? didn't you read his manifesto about being surrounded by oriental culture, having eastern neighbors, and respecting japanese culture. he respects japanimation and is an animator...apparently. hes never dated a "jap girl," but there just something about them that he can't resist...or something like that.

there was this super old episode of that beat takeshi gaijin panel show with this one black dude who could sing shit like urusei yatsura and cutey honey perfectly.

i went to vandalize for the first time today. very unique streetwear for cheap.

they had a package called

"ichinose and takahashi remix undercover"

it's basically a collection of 3 "anarchy" themed tees the two guys sold at nowhere, ltd (where bape used to be - i mean where urahara history was born).

also they still had UC x Vandalize tees from a few seasons ago. im totally surprised that people are sleeping on these mothafuckas.

man, i saw Vandalize boss last time, when UC taipei grand opening

just a cool guy like Jun..but he looks much older thou...

Vandalize..is like a old verison of UC...

UC x Vandalize tees..package..no idea why they don't sell..

i think they are better than those usual UC print tee...

i guess Edison Chen or Kimura don't wear them..so they don't sell or what?

wtf are you going on about? didn't you read his manifesto about being surrounded by oriental culture, having eastern neighbors, and respecting japanese culture. he respects japanimation and is an animator...apparently. hes never dated a "jap girl," but there just something about them that he can't resist...or something like that.

there was this super old episode of that beat takeshi gaijin panel show with this one black dude who could sing shit like urusei yatsura and cutey honey perfectly.

hahahhahaha pwned

These people usually work at Gamespot

im sorry but if you are non-japanese asian, you will never get the perks of caucasian residents in japan.

Like what?

I think if you look japanese, speak a little japanese, act polite, and have a hairy big unshaved peen you're fine.