My Tokyo Blog (well, sort of)

herpsky

Growing up and living in the US midwest, and having spent time in more rural and lower income areas, I can knowingly say that alot of these previously posted stereotypical understandings of rural america are way off base.

Farmer ted may have a radical hickabilly sense of patriotism/nationalism, but he doesnt think his is the country of the gods and that only the US has four seasons, etc.

and in regards to living in only the most major world cities for that completely incorrectly assumed reason, that is horribly short sighted

word, midwestern Americans are the best kind, they`re not stuck up fucks who love to hate their own country. and yeah I gotta say Rajio comes off as one of those stuck up fucks I`m talking about with that last post of his.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word, midwestern Americans are the best kind, they`re not stuck up fucks who love to hate their own country. and yeah I gotta say Rajio comes off as one of those stuck up fucks I`m talking about with that last post of his.

I basically agree with Raji's last post,l but I dont think Id be quite as selective (San Francisco, Chicago, Etc there are plenty of great cities in the US and around the world for that matter). I guess it just depends, but in my opinion the ppl youre talking about can sometimes to be uncritical of our country's foreign policy and they can also be patriotic to a fault. Nothing wrong with patriotism, but the "My country right or wrong" shit can (and has) gotten us into trouble before.

Dude. What's your problem? I was born in Kansas City Missouri and lived a good portion of my life in Columbis Ohio and Baltimore Maryland, as well as LA, NYC, and San Francisco. I think I know what its like to live as a asian minority in these areas and in my opinion nothing beats the diversity of the major cities I listed. I have no problem with my country, its just a preference I have based on my own experiences. Get that chip off your shoulder, seriously.

Dude. What's your problem? I was born in Kansas City Missouri and lived a good portion of my life in Columbis Ohio and Baltimore Maryland, as well as LA, NYC, and San Francisco. I think I know what its like to live as a asian minority in these areas and in my opinion nothing beats the diversity of the major cities I listed. I have no problem with my country, its just a preference I have based on my own experiences. Get that chip off your shoulder, seriously.

Okay, whatever.

I had some McD's bacon cheeseburger X wasabi mayo joint during a late night raid in Okubo once, was quite pleasing...

Mos kills all though, and I too am a fan of Matsuya... Asian kids have grown up on well-made junk food and soft drinks, I must admit... while making fun of Americans for being fat, haha...

I dunno why Mexican food hasn't really blown up in Asia though, plenty of kids who know and want it... there used to be guys with carts and trucks on Meiji-dori but hadn't seen them in awhile... i once ate at that basement dungeon-like place across from IACE in Shibuya, which sucked donkey cock too... Japanese-style Mexican, replete with corn soup and Mexican-style sticky rice...

...where I live in Korea there's no good Mexican to be had either..

Not sure why Mexican never gained foothold in Japan & Korea. When I first met my wife, she was not a fan - however, she hadn't even tried any.

After warming up to it (no Taco Bell, but yes to Taco John's), she loved it. Ironically, during both her pregnancies, it was Mexican that she craved. She had me driving to taquerias at all times of night.

Unfortunately, we make do with the Don Pablos & Baja Tortilla Grills (now Baja Sol) while in suburbia.

Note to self...next time in Japan, stop by at Matsuya, whatever the hell it is. dismal, herps & raj all can't be wrong.

actually, mexican food is very popular in okinawa.

they have a form of taco that is deep fried and tastes great. many people in okinawa eat "takosu" on a regular basis.

also, they have a dish called "taco rice" which is rice topped with seasoned ground beef, letuce, tomatoes and salsa.

like most western food in okinawa, it was probably brought over by u.s. g.i.'s.

You just did 2 things I don't like in that last post.

1. Making it seem like japanese girls are without equal in the rest of the world.

2. Throwing in random japanese just for the hell of it. Incorrect as well.

I guess I'll just assume that it's bothering me more than usual because it's late here.

thanks miz, i will commit harakiri after work.good times man. next time i wan to fly out to okinawa. now that im back, im trying to dedicate on learning more japanese by audio cd,'s and books. ill see how much i can learn over time..

cuddly, fyi, it's "harakiri" and most japanese use the term "seppuku". anyways, glad you had a good time. :)
cuddly your a knob.

hah yeah.:P

Guest jmatsu

freshness burger reigns supreme.

in sendai they have ground beef tongue burger. obviously the texture isn't much different from a regular patty, but all you taste is tongue.

R u sErious cat? like mats said, how the hell are you having problems getting laid, good looking guy like you?

If for nothing else, the japanese rasputin aura attractin the easily swayed.

Which brings me to this - how many japanese/asians actually have even the slightest bit of curl in their hair? I've never been good with my tar & wire.

and you have problems getting women? what's wrong with you??

Haha. I got another e-mail from the crazy 30-year old that keeps blowing up my keitai. I haven't seen her to 3 weeks and she still keeps trying. I kinda see the matrix and understand why women grow dis-interested in a guy that tries too hard; I've actually lost a lot of respect for this women.

夏だもん

夏は楽しいでしょう

楽しいはドキドキ心臓バクバクでしょう

ラジちゃんも私もドキドキするの好きでしょう

だから一緒にドキドキすること考えて

それをやるの\(^o^)/

金曜か土曜?

I told her she's crazy and needs to relax. Women are crazy.

Guest jmatsu
Haha. I got another e-mail from the crazy 30-year old that keeps blowing up my keitai. I haven't seen her to 3 weeks and she still keeps trying. I kinda see the matrix and understand why women grow dis-interested in a guy that tries too hard; I've actually lost a lot of respect for this women.

夏だもん

夏は楽しいでしょう

楽しいはドキドキ心臓バクバクでしょう

ラジちゃんも私もドキドキするの好きでしょう

だから一緒にドキドキすること考えて

それをやるの\(^o^)/

金曜か土曜?

I told her she's crazy and needs to relax. Women are crazy.

why do you meet the psycho's (well there's an abundance in tokyo).

i'm supposed to have dinner with the tokyo bopper female staff, cause they're on vacation or some shit. not that great looking, but whatever...

sendai sucked. i'll get at you before this weekend. also met this crazy girl reppin ikebukuro who's only date korean men. haven't seen her, and she sent me a pic that's too good to be true.