Hair Thread

qom

if youre ballin then get a chi flat iron!!

or go to korean hair salon and ask for 'magic' as opposed to 'perm.' funny how you go to these salon and the curly hair people hate their hair and straight hair people hate their hair.

yes me talking about flat irons!

i find that my hair is really thick and poofy... would straightening it using a flat iron help it? (they have asian things called magic straight where they basically use a flat iron i believe)

i find that my hair is really thick and poofy... would straightening it using a flat iron help it? (they have asian things called magic straight where they basically use a flat iron i believe)

if you cant borrow one from a girlfriend than spend at least $30 and get one of the models at sally or a salon store. get the 3/4 inch one not the really wide one. blow your hair dry before using it. if you hair gets wet or two humid it will curl back. once you figure it out it only adds a few minutes to your day to fix those curls and cowlicks. if your hair is really thick than you could go from a bob ross fro to a anime charicter so you might need you hair thinned out a bit by a stylist or whatever.

cutting your own hair is so easy once you get the hang of it.for a simple hair cut all a guy needs is some shears,wahl clippers, and maybe some thinning shears. it helps to have a good mirror setup and a assistant to help double check the back.the most important thing is go slowly and only cut of a little bit a time till you get used to it. i think ive been doing it for a year or so and nobody has told me my hair is fucked up and even the salons would fuck it up all the time. always cutting too much off. and then charging a grip of cash plus tip. i would end up touching it up myself anyways.

If I were you, I'd forget about flat iron. I have the same type of hair. Using flat iron doesn't work, unless you have long fringes and sides. Even then, the effect is minimal.

Go chemical straightening. It's expensive. It'll last less than 2 months. [i was told it will last at least half a year and that's BS] Make sure you don't staighten the whole strand of hair though, I looked like a dork when I did that.

magic straight is thermal reconditioning... majority of the salons in Chinatown uses the brand "Liscio"... takes couple of hours to do, and costs an arm and a leg... but that stuff does wonders...

^ you could get a slight undercut and more layers, would thin it out soooooo much. That's what I do :)

btw my hair is growing so incredibly fast @_@

1fckk0.jpg

I am gonna leave it at this length on the shorter side by cutting it to my chin every time I get my hair cut, but will keep growing the long side and cutting the back short ,etc. wish me luck x_x I always have the urge to change my hair haha

that looks good inaya. do you have those little 'points' cut as longer layers?

i need some help too. i've been growing out my hair for a while with no real direction and it shows. it's really layered, but i'm not really happy with how i'm able to style it/how it looks. i've tried shorter hair, but i'm not feeling it on myself. i'm thinking of growing out my layers a bit and trying a more angled frame, but i'm unsure. pics here: http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/penexpress/

Have you worked your eyebrows enough? I think you might not have worked your eyebrows enough. Also, it's great that you have so much sunlight inside your house.

P.S. Your haircut is really gay. (0)

I just cut my hair. It's was really short to start with (shaved it all maybe 3 weeks ago), but I recut the sides and the back as short as possible. It's kinda gay/military right now, but it's not that bad. I'll let the top grow more and maybe just shave really short 1-2 inches at all around the bottom of my head. I suck at cutting my own hair ):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by The Plot, March 24, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by The Plot, March 24, 2012 - No reason given

Bump: I really like this thread.

Also looking for a little bit of advice, my hair has gotten really long. I'm looking for something thats easier to manage while still good looking, I would still like to retain volume though. I don't know though, your opinions please.

Picture179.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2071/2253694049_a7495dd6bd.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z14/Rizvana/Hedi1-1.jpg

came back from hk this summer, and i've been noticing that the 'mohawk' sides while growing the top is very popular there. not sure if i'm being clear, but that the sides are flat cut off (no real fade going on) while the top is left to grow. kind of similar to the guys hair post here and hedi

any ideas on how to work the top or back if keeping the mohawk sides? and how do azNz look with the hedi cut?