Common Projects sneakers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know this thread is full of sizing info, but I have a chance to buy a pair of hitops for cheap and want to make sure they fit. I am normally a size 39/40 in most shoes, eg. a size 7 US in vans. would a 38 in cps be too small?

I'm a 7 in most shoes (chucks, for ex.) and I wear a 39 in CP's hi-tops.

Sorry, this has been asked a million times.

Clarks 8.5, I'm assuming a sz 42 for achilles summer editions? Thanks, will rep indefinitely.

Those are my exact sizes, and the cps have just a tiny bit of extra room. But in comparison I've tried 41s before and they were too small so I'd say 42s are your best bet.

Btw, anyone get a chance to go to the sample sale yesterday?

• 3 weeks later...

i've had my achilles for (almost) 6 months now and have worn them pretty regulary - whilst they look almost brand new on the outside, they are beyond fucked on the inside. shit is faded as hell (not an issue at all), whilst the lining on the sides/heel and the sole is wearing away entirely (big issue). they look like they're on the verge of falling apart - i'm worried in a month or that holes will start forming and wear through to the outer. has anyone experienced this? kinda bummed considering how much they cost, i was about to buy a pair in another colour, too. :(

i've had my achilles for (almost) 6 months now and have worn them pretty regulary - whilst they look almost brand new on the outside, they are beyond fucked on the inside. shit is faded as hell (not an issue at all), whilst the lining on the sides/heel and the sole is wearing away entirely (big issue). they look like they're on the verge of falling apart - i'm worried in a month or that holes will start forming and wear through to the outer. has anyone experienced this? kinda bummed considering how much they cost, i was about to buy a pair in another colour, too. :(

that's something that would happen on a cheap pair of sneaks. exchange them. i would be absolutely furious if that happened to a pair of $200+ shoes

i've noticed on pairs ive owned the same inside heel wear problem. not really an issue unless the plastic in the heel breaks (which 1 of mine has). even then they still look fine.

how long did it take for the heel to break out of interest? do they still look alright on the outside?

that's something that would happen on a cheap pair of sneaks. exchange them. i would be absolutely furious if that happened to a pair of $200+ shoes

i bought them in another city - i wouldn't be able to take 6mth old shoes back anyway.

on my newer pair its only very slightly wearing through. its just because they are lined with very similar (soft) leather to the upper. it will usually not have any impact structurally.

i think the heel plastic snapping was due to slipping them on/off without undoing the laces. and yeah they look pretty much fine from the outside. you can tell if you look hard.

i bought them in another city - i wouldn't be able to take 6mth old shoes back anyway.

hmm well in germany you have a 2 year warranty on any shoe you buy, they have to exchange/refund you if the damage is through regular wear

i would definately check if there is a similar warranty in aus. come on the shoes were expensive. you would never expect these shoes to fall apart just from regular wear.

on my newer pair its only very slightly wearing through. its just because they are lined with very similar (soft) leather to the upper. it will usually not have any impact structurally.

i think the heel plastic snapping was due to slipping them on/off without undoing the laces. and yeah they look pretty much fine from the outside. you can tell if you look hard.

i've always unlaced, but i do have wide feet. weird.

hmm well in germany you have a 2 year warranty on any shoe you buy, they have to exchange/refund you if the damage is through regular wear

i would definately check if there is a similar warranty in aus. come on the shoes were expensive. you would never expect these shoes to fall apart just from regular wear.

oh, i agree that its ridiculous that they are in this condition already. i am just saying that if you took worn, 6 month old shoes back to a store (in australia, anyway) you would be laughed at.

In Germany it's one year warranty and one addtional year optional guarantee decided by the manufacturer

[/german correctness]

• 2 weeks later...
I disagree, I am the same as you and go with a 42. It's a tight squeeze. Don't buy a 41. You will be sorry.

thanks alot thats what i thought too since i will be wearing socks

42 will just give that extr breathing room.

If i got the high top CP like training boots, will I be a 42 as well ?