Common Projects sneakers

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about upgrading to CPs. But I need sizing help. I take US7 in lacoste, US7.5 in nike/adidas. I suppose my feet aren't "narrow" either. What's my CP size? CP40?

thanks.

if it helps, my dress shoe/brannock size taken barefoot is 7.5D. nike really skews people's sizing on shoes, as i took a 9/9.5 when i wore them. i wear a 40 in common projects.

you took a 9/9.5 in nikes yet you fit in 40s in CPs?? is that right?

Yes, but nikes aren't good shoes to compare sizing with. People often size up on nikes. If you get your foot measured on a brannock (what they measure your foot with at any shoe place), or you know your dress shoe size (usually the same as the brannock measurement), then it's much easier to get help with sizing. But from what i can see, you're probably a 39.

Edited by footfeet

Yes, but nikes aren't good shoes to compare sizing with. People often size up on nikes. If you get your foot measured on a brannock (what they measure your foot with at any shoe place), or you know your dress shoe size (usually the same as the brannock measurement), then it's much easier to get help with sizing. But from what i can see, you're probably a 39.

turns out you were right. 39 has the right length and 40 is way too long. width-wise, 39 is too narrow. what a dilemma. wonder if i can stretch out the width on some 39s.

a rough sizing guide based on vans, as i figure that is a shoe that (almost) everyone on here would own. obviously everyone's feet are different but i would say this is a general rule of thumb. also, cp's are actually based on italian sizing and not generic EU sizing - they are very long and very narrow.

US 8 in vans = CP 40.

US 9 in vans = CP 41.

US 10 in vans = CP 42.

US 11 in vans = CP 43

US 12 in vans = CP 44.

US 13 in vans = CP 45.

US 14 in vans = CP 46 (these are hard to find, but they exist).

Edited by conqueror

turns out you were right. 39 has the right length and 40 is way too long. width-wise, 39 is too narrow. what a dilemma. wonder if i can stretch out the width on some 39s.

this is basically the problem i'm going to have with mine T_T.

Anybody else have experience with this? Will the width stretch out at all?

No problem. A friend of mine has a similar foot size, and my 40's are too long for him.

The width will stretch a bit.

a rough sizing guide based on vans, as i figure that is a shoe that (almost) everyone on here would own. obviously everyone's feet are different but i would say this is a general rule of thumb. also, cp's are actually based on italian sizing and not generic EU sizing - they are very long and very narrow.

US 8 in vans = CP 40.

US 9 in vans = CP 41.

US 10 in vans = CP 42.

US 11 in vans = CP 43

US 12 in vans = CP 44.

US 13 in vans = CP 45.

This is an accurate CP sizing chart. I could take an 8/8.5 (8.5 is more comfy) in vans and i'm a 40 in CPs. The only issue with this chart is that CPs run smaller once you get to a size 45/46, especially 46, since these are in italian sizing. People with size 13D feet can't fit into CPs well since a 46 is more like a US12.5. Here's some people on styleforum posting their sizing issues:

46 too long:

http://www.styleforu...s-s-s-2010/2265

44 or 45:

http://www.styleforu...ts-s-s-2010/795

43 or 44:

http://www.styleforu...s-s-s-2010/2280

http://www.styleforu...s-s-s-2010/2310

42 or 43:

http://www.styleforu...s-s-s-2010/1170

http://www.styleforu...ts-s-s-2010/840

40, 41:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/158706/common-projects-s-s-2010/825

Here's another old sizing guide that has been posted around here before:

http://www.styleguis...tml/_/sneakers/

If you know your brannock size, here's my take on sizing (i've done a lot of reading on CP sizing over the years):

US 6-6.5 = CP 39

US 7-7.5 = CP 40

US 8.0-8.5 = CP 41

US 9-9.5 = CP 42

US 10-10.5 = CP 43

US 11-11.5 = CP 44

US 11.5-12 = CP 45

US 12.5 = CP 46

Add 0.5 to your brannock size if you have wide (E) width feet to see if you need to size up. If you have narrow (C or lower) width feet, CPs will fit you even better. People who are in between sizing can always size up and put in insoles if neither size works for you. If you don't know your brannock size, it's easy to get measured anywhere, or you could use your sizing with chucks. Chucks fit very similarly (long and narrow), except the CP toebox is slightly pointier.

People who are a size 11.5d are the worst off as far as i can tell. half say 44, the other half say 45. it all depends on how you'd want them to fit, as they'll either be too long or a little too snug.

Edited by footfeet

good post. they are weird in that everyone seems to have totally different experiences with sizing - i have not measured my feet on a brannock, but when i was a US 10.5/11 i wore a 43 and found them a bit too small and restricting. my feet grew in a year to a US 12 (i posted about this a while ago, pretty weird) and a 44 fits pretty much perfectly - i also have really wide feet.

thanks, i made a small error for sizing the 39/40, but i fixed that. it seems to me that if you're a true size US 7, 8, 9, 10 as opposed to a 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, or 10.5, you'll fit the achilles low better with normal thickness socks. i know for me at 7.5, i need to wear thinner socks for the most comfortable fit, but i can wear other socks if i wanted to. it's just tighter than i'd prefer with how cp's fit. i can't size up though because 41's will just be too long for me.

are you really a 12 on a brannock? It's strange that you'd fit in a 44, you might be an 11.5, especially if you really do have wide feet. i know there are people that have been measured on a brannock, but their dress shoe size is actually smaller.

Edited by footfeet

I don't understand why people ( a ) don't get sizes right and ( b ) think that all different styles of CP shoes fit differently? Seems like people over think this shit...

I'm a US12 on a Brannock (like conqueror) with medium wide feet and a 45 fits me 'perfectly'. Granted, the width is perfect but there is about a thumb size of space above the toes (if CP is anything like Chronicles of Never footwear, the designer intended it to run slightly larger compared to the width). How can you have really wide feet and fit a 44 but have a US12 foot size? You obviously either don't have very wide feet at all or you are not actually a US12.

As far as size discrepancies are concerned, I have 7 different styles of CP (BBall Hi, Achilles Mid, Tournament Hi, Tournament Velcro, Training Boot, Desert Boot, Achilles Low) in 45 and every pair fits exactly the same! Judging from my mates and I with regards to CP shoe sizing, follow this general rule:

US12 = UK11/AU11 = EU 46 = IT45 (CP 'code' i.e. XXXX 45 XXXX) so that;

US11 = UK10/AU10 = EU 45 = IT44 etc...

Edited by reallypeacedoff

I don't understand why people ( a ) don't get sizes right and ( b ) think that all different styles of CP shoes fit differently? Seems like people over think this shit...

I'm a US12 on a Brannock (like conqueror) with medium wide feet and a 45 fits me 'perfectly'. Granted, the width is perfect but there is about a thumb size of space above the toes (if CP is anything like Chronicles of Never footwear, the designer intended it to run slightly larger compared to the width). How can you have really wide feet and fit a 44 but have a US12 foot size? You obviously either don't have very wide feet at all or you are not actually a US12.

As far as size discrepancies are concerned, I have 7 different styles of CP (BBall Hi, Achilles Mid, Tournament Hi, Tournament Velcro, Training Boot, Desert Boot, Achilles Low) in 45 and every pair fits exactly the same! Judging from my mates and I with regards to CP shoe sizing, follow this general rule:

US12 = UK11/AU11 = EU 46 = IT45 (CP 'code' i.e. XXXX 45 XXXX) so that;

US11 = UK10/AU10 = EU 45 = IT44 etc...

yeah, i just posted my opinion with references so others will see it and stop asking sizing questions. i'd like to see more fit pictures of CPs. i own the lows, a pair of mids, and the 3 hole slip ons and they all have the same length.

Edited by footfeet

US 8 in vans = CP 40.

US 9 in vans = CP 41.

US 10 in vans = CP 42.

US 11 in vans = CP 43

US 12 in vans = CP 44.

US 13 in vans = CP 45.

I would say this is accurate as far as length goes. The narrowness of CPs though throws some of those with not-so-narrow feet though. for me, however, I feel like I'm an ideal candidate for a CP half size.

My collection:

Training Boot (olive/leather), BBall (white/leather), Tournament (black/canvas), Achilles Mid (black/leather), Desert Boot (tan/suede), Tournament Velcro (white/preforated leather) and not pictured; Achilles Low (grey/leather). All in size 45. Haven't had the chance to try on washed pairs so can not advise what size I would be. Anyone have/had a pair of BBalls in the grey suede they came out with originally?

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg