The Most Stylish Movies Ever

broneck

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

canadian thanks.

plus i dont think there's anything wrong with it, everything's slim and tapered, and a little shorter than usual, lending to many current styles

There's rather a lot more social connotations associated with particular styles than simply 'slim like is fashionable at the moments'.

There's rather a lot more social connotations associated with particular styles than simply 'slim like is fashionable at the moments'.

perhaps you'd care to elaborate? if you're referring to the overall lifestyle of the movie, i'd say social irresponsibility is the connotation, but there's also the idea of choosing a life less ordinary and finding your own way, which is definitely a style that speaks volumes to me

breathless.jpg

This is one of the only two laminated movie posters that I own.

amantsregu.jpg

If they make this into a poster that'll be my third one...I want to dress like Garrel.

I think this one's fairly self explainatory, but a little disambiguiation just in case. This isn't favourite movies, or celebrities that dress the best. This is for the movies that showcased style on screen, even when the actors themselves look like complete shlubs in day to day life.

Heroin chic

trainspotting_vi8da.jpg

i just rewatched this the other day and boy do i want a pair of red gazelles again

• 4 months later...

dissagree with mysterious skin shit movie nothing special all at all, this is england another let down, and the oceans films 11 was ok 12 i hated

agree with: trainspotting, american pyscho just has style all over it from the business cards to the apartments, romeo and juliet especialy when playing radioheads talkshow host with dicapro walking along the front really just screamed a certain style to me, snatch also has a certain thing about it in its own way

put forward:

talented Mr Ripley suprised no one has mentioned this already,

hate to say it but it do think alfie both (new hmmm) and old has style,

one of my favs Cuel Intentions the setting the buildings his car his kinda casual uperclass chic that he just threw the clothes on like they cost $10 yet they cost $$$$$ really do think the soundtrack to the movie is fantastic,

also vinilla sky soundtrack as well i think helps

loads more loads more so many old classics should be mentioned

Amazing thread...

I was going to say BLade Runner, Taxi Driver, A Clockwork Orange, and Leon The Professional...great shit.

How about...

Style_Wars_Revisited.jpg

This and Wild Style are what younger kids these days in NYC want to emulate with their "oh so 80's retro" style.

hackers11.jpg

Interesting "pseudo-future" style...

3777_0553.jpg

Stylish isn't even the word.

1570_0009.jpg

Your mom likes for me to dress up like this...