The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G

Hey sorry for the lack of updates this past week...well our time in general. It has been a really busy month for us, and while I may be a hardcore denim in the summer guy, my wife insists on dresses most of the time. my wife just hopped on a plane to Boston and the jeans are getting ready for their final pics / ship off to tigerformula and hopefully he will breathe some life back into them!

Hope we didn't dissappoint too much, I wanted more updates / cool shit but to be honest we were not terribly active during august, and we posted pretty much everything we did! Haha.

Cheers guys, it was something great to be a part of and ill have one more post here soon for you all...

well, here is what I did today, figured i'd throw this up to placate everybody. i'll post up my last day with the wife in just a sec.

out to the Minneapolis riverfront today, the old Main St. side. had a beer, watched dozens of mopes on Segways riding around, took in some great scenery, then it got hot. turned out to be 90 degrees, so we sweated our asses off, wasn't so much fun!

I was in a B+W mood today, haven't done any monochrome stuff since winter but decided that was the way to go with washed out mid-day shots.

aaaaand the first one is color, haha. saw this sticker in the window of the Soap Factory. a local artist joint here in MPLS. which houses real cool exhibits in what used to be the National Purity Soap Company.

4933322068_9e8545b2fd_z.jpg

and i broke a rule of photography, my arm and fingers are still in the shot. my polarizer wouldn't remove the reflection, and i'm too lazy to edit it out at this point.

you've all seen this location before. but i've actually never been down by the river where all of the tailraces exit from under the old mill, a bunch of twisted steel and blown out stone from structures that were destroyed when the mill blew up.

4933325268_215a361189_z.jpg

some of these support structures were twisted like shoestrings, pretty awesome power if you ask me.

4932732867_cd912436c0_z.jpg

this is looking up through the levels of ruins toward the street level above. the North Star Blanket company sign on the right side.

4933325092_c1b6d4fd7a_z.jpg

tailrace outlet that leads back to the Mississippi...

4932733051_7991e80020_z.jpg

Not sure if we have cormorants in Minnesota, but if we do, well here they are. with a crane as well.

4932731683_031c3833cc_z.jpg

Minneapolis from under the stone arch bridge.

4933327562_312c5a3512_z.jpg

Went to Tuggs Tavern, one of my favorite spots. had happy hour as well so we threw back a 6 pack of Nordeast for only $14

4932730831_8bd2395fd8_z.jpg

minimalist abstract lawn chair art, lol

4932729423_2c36da4164_z.jpg

and back to the car over the stone arch bridge, looking down river at the NSP power plant and 35W bridge

4932731873_e6945d7944_z.jpg

well, last post including the wife. i'll throw up a packaging / farewell post on monday for everybody. get PUMPED for tigerformula to take the reigns!

Great fucking installations Ranon, love modern sculpture / mixed media visual art. couldn't rep but it looks like a heck of a fun day

lunch today at the Cheeky Monkey Deli, on my list of places around town to try so we decided to do so. great sandwiches.

4925044151_83dbdfff6d_z.jpg

4925043029_cbee8560e9_z.jpg

4925041999_45e157910b_z.jpg

I had a Cubano and a tall boy

4925635924_a76f9a49a4_z.jpg

4925636340_06188c1c05_z.jpg

got home this evening after some shopping (nothing of note here) and had an icy glass of corralejo, tasted good.

4925635236_b31c99cd67_z.jpg

rooftop garden beginning to show a lot of progress!

4925039889_0d38f84135_z.jpg

grilled out for dinner, fantastic weather in the 70's tonight!

4925038443_e72ac3e8da_z.jpg

and went out to the "backyard" to capture some of the last light.

4925629234_9a0fea428d_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Once both the jeans, photos, and notes come back to Self Edge i'm planning on throwing a proper party at the store and doing a showing of the jeans and accompanying elements.

Any of the out of state/country people involved in this World Tour that wore the jeans for thirty days can come to San Francisco for the weekend of the party and we'll take care of your accomodations at one of SF's best rock star hotels.

Are you still planning on throwing a party for these??

Are you still planning on throwing a party for these??

When they die, hopefully.

Except i can't put up everybody anymore, i wrote that when there were 12 people involved, now it's way past 20! haha..

Regardless, we throw a decent party and will make it worth your while.

Sorry bout the lack of updates, been busy and with three AP classes this year its just school->water polo->homework->sleep during the week. Have been partying in these jeans on the weekends though. Planning on going to the Eagle Rock Music Festival this Saturday then hitting up SELA on Sunday. Gonna throw up some picks of the jeans post soak. In this heat they've been drenched in sweat nearly everyday, so I did a quick 20 min soak. Jeans will probably go out to the next person early next week.

Except i can't put up everybody anymore, i wrote that when there were 12 people involved, now it's way past 20! haha..

with enough advance notice, i WILL attend this shindig.

Seriously, if someone can make a pair of '47 501s last for 13 yrs, I think we can keep these Flatheads going just as long. I'm not sure these things will ever die... :-) Looking forward to getting them soon.....that may be the next time I see them, at this rate.

honestly speaking if these get repairs from SE when they really need it these jawns might last longer than we will. theres really no reason why they cant at least last 5 more years...we've already had a party for the jeans that's lasted about two years already, it's just that we all attended individually...a world party!

theres not one person whose worn these jeans that doesn't look like they are the original sole wearer! this is the chameleon fade

Last update.

I went to SELA last weekend, and met Johan. Told him I was participating in the tour, and tried to take some pics of these against some new F310s but my camera ran out of battery :(. I managed to get a pic on my phone, but it isn't great quality and I'll try to get it up later.

Wore these a bunch in the rainy weather here at the beginning of last week, and got some sundubu jjigae, perfect for a rainy day.

YOUNG DONG LOL :D

5062707399_c242c727e1_z.jpg

5063341328_ed4f298775_z.jpg

5063336848_a22457b00b_z.jpg

5062712995_82de7a3778_b.jpg