The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G

If these could make it to New Jersey by the 28th of October, I'd be stoked to rep the East African leg of the tour...

Two caveats:

1. They wouldn't then be able to move to the next wearer until I'm next Stateside in mid-December (I don't trust shipping internationally from here, and it's made expensive).

2. This place is pretty hard on clothing - shit gets discolored by the dirt and exhaust pretty quickly, so they'd likely need a pretty serious washing when I was done with them - can they stand up to that?

edit: this is raaaaad!:

98b3949e.jpg

you guys flatter me.

edit: would suck for BAerts to only get them for 2 weeks though... I could send the back to him in Dec?

I'm all for it. I'd love to get them for at least a couple weeks in October, though. I'm headed camping and hiking this weekend at Fall Creek Falls. I'd be happy to get a little wear and ship them to dkatz, later next week. Is that okay?

I'm all for it. I'd love to get them for at least a couple weeks in October, though. I'm headed camping and hiking this weekend at Fall Creek Falls. I'd be happy to get a little wear and ship them to dkatz, later next week. Is that okay?

Sounds good! And I'll happily ship them back to you when I'm back in California in mid-December.

PM'ed...

so. fucking. cool.

i showed the thread to my wife again the other day and she laughed at how excited we all get over that pair of jeans. She just treated them as something in her closet just to put on, not a holy grail of world conquering status. seriously. have we hit every continent (save antarctica of course)??

I like to think of them as the bible of denim.

This is gonna be epic. How many other threads can really call themselves "World Tours" after this? Talk about a SuFu x SE legacy.

Well, still no jeans, today, so they won't be making it on the camping trip this weekend. No biggy, I'll wear 'em next week for a bit and send them on for their long journey to Africa!

Wow just read through the thread...Getting all sentimental about the time last year when I had the jeans...A lot has changed (for the better) and seeing my updates is a bit bittersweet. I can't imagine all the memories this magical pair must have embedded in it, for all of the participants that have worn them....Thanks to kiya for making this thing happen, longest running tour on sufu, nay, the whole world (seriously, we should aim for a world record)!

BTW, I'd love to see the original tour book if it's floating around somewhere?

shit, BAerts that sucks! You'll just have to do it up when you get them back in December.

And I'm not sure about the "safari", beats - though it's looking like I will have to run all over the country for meetings right when I get back from the States, in Arua (North/West Nile), Mbarara (West), Mukono (Central) and Mbale (East), so that should be fun! And I'm hoping to go somewhere fun for Thanksgiving weekend - a buddy and I are talking about playing airplane-Russian Roulette: going to the airport on that Wednesday morning and taking the next flight (under a certain cost) and spending the long weekend wherever that takes us. That, of course, is pending what work will be like then... my life is a clusterfuck.

The jeans have arrived! Buuuuut I'm probably going to go ahead and ship them to dkatz right away in hopes that they'll make it to NYC before the Africa trip. See you back in Nashville in December!

The jeans shipped out yeserday morning. Not sure what size they are, but if you're under a 33, I'm pretty positive you can squeeze into them. They seem like about a 31 or 32.