Skrawny 13 Denim Project (Kicking Mule Workshop)

joey_formal

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo, noob question but how have you guys washed the rockers?

i managed to piss all over mine, they fucking reeeeeeek. getting so pissed you lose control of bodily functions is cool at the time, but am so fuckin' devo atm. disgusted with myself too :(

HAHAH made me laugh. Wash them. What are you worried about, them not smelling?

i was only kidding about the horrible idea part - we should see what Sam thinks. I'm sure he wants to display them in the store sooner then later but i dont know if there is going to be enough wear to really show off.

I definitely want to hang them up in the store, but if they get to me and look like they need it, I don't see why they couldn't go around the circuit again.

I wouldn't want this pair to go to a different group- but maybe we can do another team with some Strongholds?

***Interest Check***

hahahah yeah, i'd want a mini comp as well, it WAS tough parting with these babies, I had to wear my shitty ass nudies after that. too bad contxt is sold out of rockers...coincidence? i think not

I would think that if enough of the team wants a pair I can hook us up.

***Interest Check #2***

I definitely want to hang them up in the store, but if they get to me and look like they need it, I don't see why they couldn't go around the circuit again.

I wouldn't want this pair to go to a different group- but maybe we can do another team with some Strongholds?

***Interest Check***

***Interest Check #2***

I'm interested. More info on the Strongholds? I briefly skimmed the stronghold thread. Nice denim, but what fit/cut would be for the Skrawwnnnny?

***Interest Check***

***Interest Check #2***

I'm going to assume it wouldn't be fair to request to be in the stronghold team, hahah. I'm a selfish bastard :D

I'd be interested in ***interest check #2***, but I'm a little short on cash, and I think I'd need a 27..?

***Interest Check***

***Interest Check #2***

I would be in for a mini contest with Strongholds, I don't think I would be skrawny enough to be apart of circuit.

I'd be super interested in a stronghold team, their denim almost reminds me of my 5eps in photos and the idea is pretty fun. Anyway, if my rockers are anything to go by the year might not be enough for impressive fades, mine are three months in and besides the wallet, cell phone, and falling off skateboard fades, they're pretty damn unfaded.

not so sure about how this contest work, is it that i sign up and i get a pair of denim shipped to me, wear it for a certain amount of time, and send it back in and see who has the best fades? or just wear my own and take pics? lol cause seeing how everyone is posting up their KMWs makes me wanna post up mine too. if anyone would PM it would be much appreciated. and keep up the good work guys! ;)

not so sure about how this contest work, is it that i sign up and i get a pair of denim shipped to me, wear it for a certain amount of time, and send it back in and see who has the best fades? or just wear my own and take pics? lol cause seeing how everyone is posting up their KMWs makes me wanna post up mine too. if anyone would PM it would be much appreciated. and keep up the good work guys! ;)

The current contest is involving 13 people who all wear the same single pair of denim. each participant wears the denim for a period of approximately one month and forwards the jeans to the next participant and thus the circle continues. Originally this was planned to go for approximately a year or so but due to the nature of the rockers and their sturdiness there may be plans of continuing the project for a further year (or so) and involving the same people in the same order.

There is a lot of interest in this project with other members of the board so Sam (owner? of the context store and supplier of the rockers) has proposed repeating this project with a new pair of jeans - Strongholds.

Also, a side project of the original scrawny 13 is to hold a mini comp where we all start of with a new pair of rockers each and document the fades over a certain period of time. This hasn't started yet and I presume will only commence once enough interest is shown. Although I know I will definitely be buying a pair. It's going to be hard to part with the project pair i am in possession of now.

There is a lot of interest in this project with other members of the board so Sam (owner? of the context store and supplier of the rockers) has proposed repeating this project with a new pair of jeans - Strongholds.

Make it the slim leg Strongholds in a size 29 and I'm in!!! ....please?? :o:cool:

The current contest is involving 13 people who all wear the same single pair of denim. each participant wears the denim for a period of approximately one month and forwards the jeans to the next participant and thus the circle continues. Originally this was planned to go for approximately a year or so but due to the nature of the rockers and their sturdiness there may be plans of continuing the project for a further year (or so) and involving the same people in the same order.

Also, a side project of the original scrawny 13 is to hold a mini comp where we all start of with a new pair of rockers each and document the fades over a certain period of time. This hasn't started yet and I presume will only commence once enough interest is shown. Although I know I will definitely be buying a pair. It's going to be hard to part with the project pair i am in possession of now.

oooo so that's how it works, thanks so much for the info. so i just PM the guy who started this thread to sign up? seems like fun :cool:

Man I've been lusting after the Strongholds ever since I saw them on Context, love the patch, exposed back pocket rivets, look of the denim...if a stronghold project gets started I'd be proud to knock them around the Boston area.

Y'all know I'm in. However, I'd like to be earlier in the project if possible for the strongholds. Waiting til the summer for these KMWs is absolutely killing me. I'm missing some prime jean wearing months here!

^Lets take it easy on the organization. This is Sam's potential project. We don't need anybody stepping on his toes.

My toes are pretty sturdy- but thanks for looking out Thorns.

I appreciate all the enthusiasm from everyone.

I'm gonna need till the new year before I can put this together, I'm just bangin' busy with the holidays.

Anyone interested can PM me

Lets not derail this thread with talk of another experiment, though.

This is the Skrawny 13 y'all!