Skrawny 13 Denim Project (Kicking Mule Workshop)

joey_formal

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Thorns-

You can be June.

The Skrawny 13

asterix - Cleveland (28) June COMPLETE

evilgeniusdan - Buffalo (29) July COMPLETE

chasedizzy - NJ (26) August & September COMPLETE

Thyallmighty - L.A. (28) October CURRENT

homme.homme - Sydney (28) November

ratatat - Brisbane (28) December

aramyr - Tri Cities, WA (28) January

Diamonds - Victoria BC (28) February

Joeyformal - PhillyxDC (29) March

heartworm - Denmark (29) April

386 - Tennessee (29) May

Thorns - Pittsburgh (28) June

I don't need to have a month.

After all- they'll be in CONTEXT for a long time when this is done.

I actually live closer to SF Sam, and my waist is 29.

So today I put these jeans in the freezer for about 4 hours then I aired them out in my backyard. The smell is MUCH better.

cimg0707tu8.jpg

cimg0708xu5.jpg

Also, I don't have anyone to take pictures of me and no full body mirrors in my house, so I improvised as best I can:

cimg0709cu3.jpg

The fit is very snug, but bearable. When I'm with a group, I'll get pics of myself. I'll be taking these for a 15 mile bike ride tonight as well.

So I've been rock climbing a lot in these pants, but funny story for you guys.

Today (Sunday) I took a 26 mile road bike trip around the Stanford University area. As I came up, my friend was like, "Uh...are you sure you want to ride in those jeans?" I then proceeded to explain to him the project. After that we took the long 26 mile ride and then afterwards, we went for smoothies. I had to go to the bathroom and it was quite painful as it burned when I took a piss. It was like fire comming out from my dong. So after I exited the bathroom, I asked him, do I have some sort of disease or is this bike related? Turns out, wearing the jeans crushed my man pipes and I should have either been wearing loose fitting shorts, or cycling bottoms.

Long story short, I won't be wearing these jeans for 10+ mile rides anymore...sorry guys, no marathon cycling fades for these pants.

holy shit this is going to be a fucked. it's 33 fucking degrees celsius (91 in yr crazy moon scale) today and it's only fucking spring. december will be fucking ridiculous. i pity whoever gets them after me- they'll be more sweat than denim.

i think that might be me?

summer to winter, that'll be fun for the jeans

Sorry guys for the lack of updates...I've been studying a lot for pharm school entrance exams but I DO have some pic updates coming soon.

I thought these pants were done with the indigo, since when I soaked it, there was no loss and it didin't turn my white underwear blue, but today I took a walk in the park with my ipod in my back pocked and it turned the headphones blue as well as the fabric cover! This jean seems like it's got a ton of indigo in it left!

Been keeping these jeans active, rock climbing, cycling, etc.

great job so far TAM. Sorry I didn't get a chance to wash them lol..the sand was from hawaii and shit and the got an ocean soak.

and Sorry for the SUPERFUCKIN late pics, but here they are just in case ya'll were curious.

Traditional Japan

chase003.jpg

In the city

chase005.jpg

Chillin' in hawaii

chase0062.jpg

After fuckin SKYDIVING. IN FUCKIN HAWAII

chase0092.jpg

yeah these jeans tasted air from 13,000 feet in the air. it was fuckin awesome