Skrawny 13 Denim Project (Kicking Mule Workshop)

joey_formal

evilgeniusdan,

You have a lot to live up to considering what Astérix has done in the jeans. I'm psyched to see what you do in them.

Heh thanks, but you should know I fold under pressure :D

It's not only about the result....It would be nice to see at least one fit in action pic per month...way more entertaining...

Don't worry. Action pics will come..

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved the jeans - they are pretty ridiculous. The denim is something to look at! And the hardware is top-notch as well. The fit is very nice - a little more tapered than I usually wear my jeans, but it'll be good to change it up for a little bit.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll try to post pics soon.

Glad to see you got the jeans safe and sound. You got them the same day I got them a month ago. They were shipped the same day Sam shipped them to me too! You guys want action shots?!?!? Too bad you can not see them but they ARE under there...

dscn1906dw7.jpg

The Skrawny 13

asterix - Cleveland (28) June Complete

evilgeniusdan - Buffalo (29) July Current

chasedizzy - NJ (26) August

dunaj - L.A. (28) September

sam113 - America's Dairyland (28)

homme.homme - Sydney (28)

ratatat - Brisbane (28)

aramyr - Tri Cities, WA (28)

heartworm - Denmark (29)

dino might! - Orlando (30)

386 - Tennessee (29) November or later

Diamonds - Victoria BC (28)

Joeyformal - PhillyxDC (29)

If any of you want to jump on a month that isn't already taken let me know.

I was thinking they should go over to homme.homme and ratatat after dunaj is done with them in September.

Soung good?

Thanks for the pics, Evil.

What kind of Evil shit do you have planned for them?

So, how 'bout this for the order?

The Skrawny 13

asterix - Cleveland (28) June Complete

evilgeniusdan - Buffalo (29) July Current

chasedizzy - NJ (26) August

dunaj - L.A. (28) September

homme.homme - Sydney (28) October

ratatat - Brisbane (28) November

aramyr - Tri Cities, WA (28) December

Diamonds - Victoria BC (28) January

Joeyformal - PhillyxDC (29) February

heartworm - Denmark (29) March

386 - Tennessee (29) April

dino might! - Orlando (30) May

sam113 - America's Dairyland (28) June

Let me know if anyone has any conflicts.

Alright Skrawny brethren, this is what's going down..

Tomorrow morning, if travel plans actually go to plan - I will be on my way to vacationing in Italy with my parents for the duration of July. I believe this will be the denim's first international trip outside the states - other than it's production in Japan of course.

I hope to get some serious wear on these suckers over the 2 weeks. I regret that the wallet fade won't get much work though as I'm told it isn't a bright idea to keep your wallet in your back pocket while in Italy.

I don't think I'll have any internet access, but I should be back on the 29th with lots of pictures and hopefully some stories to tell.

Just as a reminder to ChaseDizzy and Sam, if you guys could get the mailing address thing squared away while I'm gone so I can get the jeans off to Chase as soon as I get back.

Skrawny 13 foreverrrrrr!

Yooo all. I'm back in the US of A. Just got home about an hour ago and I'm tired as hell. Italy was good fun (although hot as hell). I sweated my balls off in the kmws. And let it be known that they are tough as nails to break in. Fading is still minimal even after some fairly intense wear - but I can tell that when they do decide to part from their precious indigo, the fade will be a beautiful blue hue.

I've got to get some rest (24+ hours without sleep) but I will provide a more detailed post tomorrow and hopefully get some pictures of the trip/jeans up for everyone to see.

Also, I need chasedizz's info so I can get these out to him before he goes on his adventure.

No problem Dizzy. You're going to want to give these a really hot soak and maybe even a hot dry because they have stretched like a mother - and I know you are skrawnier than I.

Anyways, pictures will come in a bit but I guess I'll just talk about the trip. I took a tour with my parents and it was nice - one would probably enjoy it more if they loved history, catholicism, and ball sweating heat/humidity.

Kicked off with a flight to Milan, and a bus ride to Lake Como - a picturesque lake with a resort town. Supposedly George Clooney has a house on Como. Spent a little bit of time in Milan, went to La Scala Opera house which was highly luxurious.

From there we went to Venice which was a good time. It's quite an interesting city if you can block out the hordes of obnoxious tourists. The kmws went on a classic (if not tourist trappish) gondola ride.

We also stayed in Florence. There were seemingly nice leather products in some places, but I didn't have much time to fully explore.

Somewhere along the way we went to a wine tasting. My old man accidentally spilled wine which ended up on the lap of the jeans. My initial reaction was "oh shit!" but this incident only adds to the growing story of these jeans.

We stayed in Assisi, which was a charming Medieval town turned tourist destination. Some good stuff here, but the best part was probably the hotel which was 10 minutes out of town. It was situated a hill overlooking the beautiful lands of Umbria(?). It was here, whilst on the veranda in the cool dark night, that I briefly had the delusion of grandeur and affluence and the indulgences of European luxury. Yeah.

Afterward, we stayed in Sorrento, a seaside Italian city on the Mediterranean coast near Naples. One day, we also visited Capri - an island just off the coast that is a favorite vacation resort for several of Hollywood's shitty actors. Also we saw Pompeii which was pretty neat. It was also over 100F that day so my temperate weather ass was frying more than those poor mummified bastards did the day they died.

Finally, Rome. Colosseum was impressive indeed. The Vatican was ridiculous. Catholics know how to display their wealth by the excessiveness of their religious institutions - St Peter's Cathedral... jesus christ! (no pun intended). And of course, the kmw's and my scrawny ass made their way into the Sistine Chapel which was again, impressive.

On the way back we flew through Frankfurt on Lufthansa (surprisingly efficient airline). So counting the Vatican, the kmws have now seen 4 countries in its tour of the world.

Pictures will come.. patience.

Update! Jeans have been recieved! Ta da!

Welcome to NJ KMW!

stoof018.jpg

Slightly hige-d! The excitement!

stoof021.jpg

stoof020.jpg

oh man check that ass!

stoof023-1.jpg

Colors is cool!

stoof022.jpg

A little loose in the waist....

stoof027.jpg

Time for a soak!

stoof030-1.jpg(brass boots will not travel with the jeans)

Bonus patch picture.

stoof019.jpg

Jeans have been soaked and dried and starched if ya'll don't mind, but i cannot take pictures right now, as i am leaving for the airport in 4 1/2 hours. The waist is tight enough for me to slouch a little...the legs fit the same basically, maybe a little tighter, but no use for pictures. The leather has some interesting effects too.

Anyways, wish me luck on my Asian/Hawaiian escapade! I will put these bad boys through some international skating and clean fun-having! Just say no kids! Stay in school.