Skrawny 13 Denim Project (Kicking Mule Workshop)

joey_formal

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed...there should be some kind of contract involved where if people are off schedule or end up hoarding the jeans way longer than they're supposed to they get charged money...might be extreme and everyone would have to entrust their credit card/bank info to the higher ups in charge but it'll keep everyone honest.

honestly if i had to put down money I wouldn't take part.

not because I dont think it is worth it but it is just as easy to get screwed over as it is for a pair of jeans to go missing.

say for instance i send the jeans on but the next person claims they never received them. who would you trust? and then who would have to pay up? I mean there is tracking and everything but I still wouldn't do it.

If anything I think screening is the best option. I mean you can never be 100% safe when you are relying on the goodwill of strangers but at least there are precautions you can take to decrease the chance of something going wrong.

For example you could choose members who not only have been here longer but who have legitimate friendships with other board members i.e. face to face meet-ups etc, actually shop at context, and people who have succesfully taken part in projects like this before.

I mean no one is going to steal or take advantage of the situation if they actually have to come in physical contact with other members or if context has all of their details on file. And if they havent taken advantage in the past its not a sure sign they wont in the future but it can give everyone a little more confidence.

honestly if i had to put down money I wouldn't take part.

not because I dont think it is worth it but it is just as easy to get screwed over as it is for a pair of jeans to go missing.

say for instance i send the jeans on but the next person claims they never received them. who would you trust? and then who would have to pay up? I mean there is tracking and everything but I still wouldn't do it.

If anything I think screening is the best option. I mean you can never be 100% safe when you are relying on the goodwill of strangers but at least there are precautions you can take to decrease the chance of something going wrong.

For example you could choose members who not only have been here longer but who have legitimate friendships with other board members i.e. face to face meet-ups etc, actually shop at context, and people who have succesfully taken part in projects like this before.

I mean no one is going to steal or take advantage of the situation if they actually have to come in physical contact with other members or if context has all of their details on file. And if they havent taken advantage in the past its not a sure sign they wont in the future but it can give everyone a little more confidence.

Here we go. This is more like what I was talking about in terms of screening. Its more about the overall reliability and reputation of the member that would allow one to take part. Plenty of people here have met me in real life and I've posted for years... those are the basic things that make a person at least reasonably trustworthy for being a potential candidate and I feel like there are plenty of good candidates on this board. Unfortunately, we seem to have run across a situation where either the person flat out stole a pair of jeans or... he somehow didn't understand the concept of "wear for ONE month, take LOTS of pics, and then SEND them on". I feel like this was kind of inevitable in one of the contests; the internet is like that, but I think from now on screening is a good idea.

I don't know him personally, but Ratatat has had at least one other gap during this experiment when he was out of touch for an extended period of time. Traveling, I believe.

Call me naive, but I'm betting that he'll be back eventually.

Yeah he's had them longer than he was supposed to, but lets not give up yet.

As far as screening goes, I'm all for it. I just think setting the parameters could be tricky without allowing it to turn in to too much of a cliquey kind of thing.

i know it dosn't concern this contest, but am in kind of a dilema and am confused. i just bought a pair or rockers from revolveclothing:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=KMW-MJ4&c=KMW&d=d&sc=Jeans

unfortunatley, i don't think they are the same as this:

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/rocker.php

i bought the 29 waist 32 inseam and it fit's nothing like the contest ones at all, are these diffrent jeans altogether?

this may be a dumb question but if i order the rinse wash, will it still fade?

sam....do you really not have the rockers anymore cause i would just like to buy them from you