334 members have voted

1. 1. which do you want?

• yes, 34 inseam
    • yes, 36 inseam

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, a tab can be included with the jeans, but the owner has to sew it in him/herself. I can't imagine it's very difficult to do.

...^^This is a good idea!...While we're getting onto pre-orders now would it be possible to look into posting the jeans as gifts/2nd hand items as to avoid customs charges, I know they always leave a bad taste in mine and others mouths so if we could avoid these, this would make the whole idea even more amazing...

[...]should be soon.

Okay, I've been waiting for this discussion to come up... How are you guys going to size these jeans in the waist? Size up/down/true waist size??? There have been some comments about sizing up, but the size chart on the Bear site lists a 32 as being over 33 inches. Is the chart on the Bear site for raw?

There have been some comments about sizing up, but the size chart on the Bear site lists a 32 as being over 33 inches. Is the chart on the Bear site for raw?

Translate the site... and learn to read engrish

"* The number in the above-mentioned size chart measures the commodity of one washing later,

It is it becomes the number."

Sounds like one-wash to me...

It's a fairly low-rise jean, which are often slightly oversized at the waist to account for being worn lower (so in theory you buy the same size as a jean made to be worn higher)

Or, a tab can be included with the jeans, but the owner has to sew it in him/herself. I can't imagine it's very difficult to do.

Technically, that's still infringement because it "teaches and encourages infringement".

Plus, even if it's *not* an infringement, I'm fairly certain Levi's has plenty enough money to put someone out of business just to be dicks if they want to.

What about no tabs in the sense that no piece of cloth be sewn between the fabric of the pocket and back, but have a tab embroidered or possibly screenprinted on. I'm no lawyer but I didn't see anything prohibiting this.

Also, I too am ready to pre-order as long as the sizing situation is figured out. For those who can't pre-order now, could you put a deposit down? Go lay-away steez on this just to weed out the flakers as someone else put it. That way you'd be out of money if you didn't buy.

wharehouse, big, and anyone else invoved in making this happen will not have any tabs on the jeans. if youd like to do it youreslf, have fun, but its not anything more than your own personal customization.

Nows the part where some supercreative superdedicated supermember goes ahead and starts a side-line/after-market/3rd-party custom-tab-making business, to be sold alongside the contest jeans as a wholly unaffiliated novelty item... which a buyer can do whateeeeever they want with.

What about no tabs in the sense that no piece of cloth be sewn between the fabric of the pocket and back, but have a tab embroidered or possibly screenprinted on. I'm no lawyer but I didn't see anything prohibiting this.

I like this idea as well. I think some sort of embroidered or stitched or painted (how's Ande do his back-pocket designs?) "tab" would be a cool idea.

Why doesn't Warehouse just send out a green sufu tab along with the jeans. Put it in the pocket with a spare button or something? Any competent taylor could just stitch that onto the inside pocket seam. Warehouse doesn't even need to call it a pocket tab. They could call it a 'free gift' or something.

Maybe it has been covered in the thread, but the one wash 34 inseams are more like a 32 inseam so watch out if you are over 185 cm tall. Also with my pair I needed to size down 2 in the waist (from samurai, sda,) for a normal fit. They denim is really nice though.

Why doesn't Warehouse just send out a green sufu tab along with the jeans. Put it in the pocket with a spare button or something? Any competent taylor could just stitch that onto the inside pocket seam. Warehouse doesn't even need to call it a pocket tab. They could call it a 'free gift' or something.

Because just being on the right side of the letter of the law isn't enough when you are dealing with a company like Levi Strauss.

They can put a company like Warehouse out of business with a frivolous lawsuit that has no merit, simply because they have the money to drag it out as long as they want.

wharehouse, big, and anyone else invoved in making this happen will not have any tabs on the jeans.

I think what Cheep has said is pretty clear and should be the final word on tabs. What is the point of exposing these people to possible litigation?

If the price is under $160 I am down. 36 inseam is a must if I am going to double cuff them.

+1 on the pre-order 'layaway' plan.

Would def be in on this, but recent expenditures are leaving their mark, so if full payment can be delayed towards late summer/early fall (esp since contest won't be till NOV-ish)...that'd be awesome.

Although, I wouldn't mind putting down a small deposit to reserve them, though. Excited for this, nonetheless.