1. 1. which do you want?

• yes, 34 inseam
    • yes, 36 inseam

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back in :)

Damn, there are too many twists and turns.

So what is dubbleworks as opposed to Warehouse? Why not just have done with it and call them Warehouse? (not that I'm complaining)

i guess we can... the cut is a dubbleworks cut, but since these are all warehouse(high end) details, this can be the warehouse contest

^Just curious, but how are Big and Warhouse calling these Sufu Hybrids themselves?

dont know... maybe we can decide.

Just out of interest does Gordon etc post on here, or do they just 'lurk' ?

Surprised they dont come on and shout about their store a bit more.

he lurks... he doesnt want to have a presence on the forums. gordon prefers to build his buisness thru personal relationships, not thru hype and marketing on the various forums. we keep his name out there for him, he doesnt really need to.

one single world, french but universal:

BRAVO

I always thought bravo was an Italian word.

it is italian. you'd think someone in paris would know what was a french word and what wasn't

edit: to not derail this thread, yay for the contest!

gordon prefers to build his buisness thru personal relationships, not thru hype and marketing on the various forums. we keep his name out there for him, he doesnt really need to.

Love that response, and that philosophy.

So many inferences can be drawn from that. :)

To be honest, all this paid for banner advertising only pushes up the end price of the products to us SuFu users anyway. :rolleyes:

Cheep,how did you get involved in this project??

i emailed him about sponsering the worldwide denim thing, and he said he was thinking about doing a contest thru sufu... i wasnt happy with the other options that i saw at the time and decided id help him out with this. im glad i did... the man is really a pleasure to work with.

i emailed him about sponsering the worldwide denim thing, and he said he was thinking about doing a contest thru sufu... i wasnt happy with the other options that i saw at the time and decided id help him out with this. im glad i did... the man is really a pleasure to work with.

ok thank you

:)

dont know... maybe we can decide.

he lurks... he doesnt want to have a presence on the forums. gordon prefers to build his buisness thru personal relationships, not thru hype and marketing on the various forums. we keep his name out there for him, he doesnt really need to.

and that's a great thing for BIG as having actually gone to his store and spoken with Gordon, almost everytime i'm in NYC, you'll find that he's unbelieveably personable and is most helpful towards anyone who even steps foot in his store.

French people think that everything is French....Even Brel!!

that is so true!

French people tend to forget that their country and culture are not that wide and that they didnt create earth

hence this Bravo thing

I was 100% sure this was a french word despite the italian singing consonance...

and that's a great thing for BIG as having actually gone to his store and spoken with Gordon, almost everytime i'm in NYC, you'll find that he's unbelieveably personable and is most helpful towards anyone who even steps foot in his store.

yeah, i cant wait to actually go up there and meet him. ive talked to him on the phone a few times, and he does all of this strictly for his love of denim. he still works a day job. he is doing the thing with evisu and our 13 sufuers to rekindle intrest in evisu on the boards and outside of japan just because he feels like their legacy has been tarnished since not many know what they are really about. he has worked hard to get us something special for the contest... and tho he will make some money he probably wont make too much.

oh... some things i have read today about this denim...

-supposedly it does not crock. no blue hands.

-in an old thread, Serge says that this denim is the closest to late 50s levis 501 he has ever seen.

Seconded. I don't know how many times I've gone in there in the last year and just tried on pair after pair of jeans without actually buying. Everyone's always extremely helpful. When I go back up in July I'm going to grab a pair of 110XJs.

But this is a contest thread. I still plan to be in. Good work, Cheep.