Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

just for information..can anybody explain me the origins of this project,how the 13 guys had been selected ecc? i work for evisu but here in italy i've never heard about it! i'd like to know more...

actually, that's is kind of a good quesiton. does anybody remember the original discussion between beatle, cheep, miz and i (iirc) discussing how the same denim kept on being passed around us?

^ lol, ddml, of course you would remember. (i guess mainly because you started the thread.)

beats, i think we're onto day 10 or something already.

actually, i just read through that "falling out of love with your jeans" thread. pretty cool how this has evolved from that conversation.

btw, chicken who are you sitting next to? :)

that's my writer i've been working with on some projects lately. she thinks i'm nuts wearing the same denim every day and buying used boots from strangers.

I'm guessing that you didn't tell her that the jeans you are wearing everyday at the moment, will still be worn by 12 other people around the globe, who also will wear them everyday.

And that the estimate amounts of washes these jeans will go through, is somewhere between 13 and 14.

You probably didn't tell her that, now did you?

I'm guessing that you didn't tell her that the jeans you are wearing everyday at the moment, will still be worn by 12 other people around the globe, who also will wear them everyday.

And that the estimate amounts of washes these jeans will go through, is somewhere between 13 and 14.

You probably didn't tell her that, now did you?

of course i did. that's why she's sitting far away from me.

seconded... and the little bit of leg/butt transition is driving me wild.

nothing like a little leg/butt action to throw a thread off.

thanks for the answer,now i'll begin to read the conversation..i find all this really interesting..after 13 month the jean will show the mix of the lines created by the usual position of everyone of you..i'm looking forward to see the pics and the comment about the final fit of this jean! great idea guys! i hope to know all you better and maybe take place in one of the next projects!

okay guys, here's my rough projection:

1. chicken - nyc (8/13-9/9)

2. almond crush - new jersey (9/10-10/7)

3. ddml - philly (10/8-11/4)

4. headtowall - west virginia (11/5-12/2)

5. cheep - jacksonvillle (12/7-1/3)

6. beatle - germany (1/14-2/11)

7. tg76 - london (2/12-3/11)

8. tweeds - singapore (3/22-4/18)

9. ryu - japan (4/29-5/26)

10. red - east bay (6/6-7/3)

11. digital denim - san fransisco (7/4-7/31)

12. poly800rock - philly (8/7-9/3)

13. miz - nyc (9/9-10/6)

i gave 4 weeks of wear per person. where people could hand-off denim in person, i didn't add any days in between them. (headtowall and ddml, do you guys think you could get together in person?) when the denim needs to fly overseas, i've added about 10 days in between. and when the denim needs to be shipped across the u.s., i've added five or six days in between. of course, since we haven't solidified the method of shipment yet, those days could change quite a bit.

but just for reference, maybe.

i think to avoid the sz 34 contest, we should all use priority in the states and EMS when sending abroad. we don't wanna lose something so special

agreed, poly. also, we should put insurance on it, cuz i think they treat packages a little better if there is insurance. after all, rolex ships their watches via usps, so it should work for us if we take the necessary precautions...