Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

^ ahh, how much do you want to bet he wasn't talking about the area where the hidden rivet "would" be?

Not a matter of betting but 'uchigawa' is in no way the bottom of the pocket... it could also be inside of the pocket as well but basically it is there to strengthen the pocket. I've not seen it so from what he said it sounded like inside meaning where the rivet would be but I guess it makes more sense for it to be the inside of the pocket itself...

what jeans was your gf wearing?

and btw, that pic reminded me of some article in a video game magazine where this guy was going to go play tic tac toe against the chicken in Chinatown... and to pump himself up, he stood in front of a wall of peking ducks, so that he'd have the smell of death on him.

Not a matter of betting but 'uchigawa' is in no way the bottom of the pocket... it could also be inside of the pocket as well but basically it is there to strengthen the pocket. I've not seen it so from what he said it sounded like inside meaning where the rivet would be but I guess it makes more sense for it to be the inside of the pocket itself...

you are actually correct about the uchigawa part, but i think what you misunderstood is that ryu was talking about the extra cloth that's stitched inside the pocket on the lower third of the pocket. do you see those stitchings that go across the back pockets? those are where the extra cloths are stitched inside the back pockets. get it?

has nothing to do with where the hidden rivets would be or something. they do have hidden rivets to begin with.

i should post pics of this extra cloth in the back pocket we're talking about since it's one of the cool features of evisus. :cool:

what jeans was your gf wearing?

and btw, that pic reminded me of some article in a video game magazine where this guy was going to go play tic tac toe against the chicken in Chinatown... and to pump himself up, he stood in front of a wall of peking ducks, so that he'd have the smell of death on him.

she's wearing uniqlos from one season ago. they're coming along quite nicely imo. and yes, chicken can pump you up.

Oh, p*ss off, Bob! :D You know I'm alive and kicking! :)

Aaah yes. And buggin me every time with those PM's

this tread makes me jealous. I have to take a trip to japan to get me a pair of 2000. No1 with those lovely painted gulls.

Excellent ..already fading...

I can only imagine what Yamane has to say...

These will break our heart...maybe after all once we've shipped them off to the next person we might start posting on grouphugs.../ depressed..Evisus are gone...help

そうですね〜。

ヒゲですね〜。

hige.jpg

(in japan hige means any facial hair in general, not just whiskers.)

coleslaw, her sukiyaki came out really good, maybe because she kept it simple: sliced beef, scallions, onions, tofu, shirataki and hakusai iirc. with namatamago. mmm.

OT, but isn't sukiyaki considered a pretty luxurious dish in Japan? I remember watching some Japanese soap or anime (I think it was Great Teacher Onizuka) and he was flippin out over sukiyaki...

just wanted to check my (pseudo) facts :)

I haven't had sukiyaki in the longest time, that's some good eatin'

at the risk of derailing this thread for a second, sukiyaki was originally a potluck dish for farmers usually cooked with fish instead of beef. (most japanese people didn't even eat meat from larger animals until quite recently in history.) but since the japanese people started eating beef, it has replaced fish in most sukiyaki.

beef is regarded as one of the most expensive food you can get (probably from the lack of giant farmlands in japan to produce a lot of beef along with many other factors), so stereotypically, ordinary japanese people flip over things like steak, shabu shabu and sukiyaki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiyaki

and just as a side note, sukiyaki in the kansai region (like osaka) don't soak their food in broth like they do in the kanto region (like tokyo) but they pour the dashi sauce over the food after they cook the ingredients directly on a hot pan instead. which i imagine it to be closer to the original sukiyaki on sukis (shovels).