Lost

broneck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw this on another forum

what you'll think

The statue is of Anubis, the Egyptian God of death. Also, a picture of Anubis was shown in the temple where the black smoke came from. Thus, the black smoke is Anubis, the God of death. We have seen the smoke monster appear in the form of Eko's brother, Yemi, Alex, and as Christian. It can appear in the form of anyone whose dead body is on the island. Now, drumroll, the smoke monster is appearing as John Locke. the real John Locke is indeed dead.

Anubis is also the guy we saw at the begining on the beach with Jacob. Jacob is also a God, and normally God's can't kill each other. The loophole is that apparently only a mortal man is able to kill a God. This is why people don't get to see God until they are dead (when they go to heaven). This is why Ben never got to see Jacob. Anubis figured this out. First, Anubis tried to use the form of Christian to convince people on the island to do things against Jacob's will and change history. But Jacob kept rebalancing things back to the way they were supposed to happen (by power of persuasion when visiting everyone off the island, for example). So Aubis came up with Plan B, to pose as John Locke, then appear as Alex to convince Ben to kill Jacob.

Why does Anubis want to kill Jacob? Because Jacob is RA, God of life. Richard Alpert is his son, perhaps (initials R.A. or RA). We literally saw Jacob bring Locke back to life after he fell out of the window. With Jacob dead, Anubis can now alter history however he pleases and kill whomever he wants. He can again rule as God of death. This is the ultimate bad ending. We're doomed!

But wait, Juliet just got the bomb to explode, which will mean everything that happened on the show, including the killing of Jacob, never happened. She saved the day. In fact, everything done by the Losties for the whole series was a component leading up to this. And it was Jacob who led to them all coming to the island. So they all played a part in "keeping balance to the force."

If mortals can't see Jacob until they're dead then why all of a sudden does Ben see him?

So, juliet is dead, whereas the others were given life by jacob (as seen when he touches locke) and possibly survive to go on and see another season.

everyone that jacob touched also were people that were allowed to come back to the island

I fucking love this series. I think the loophole also has to do with Anubis not being able to bring people onto the island, only Jacob can do that. So he had to convince someone already on the island to kill Jacob instead. All the conflict between people on the island has been engineered by Anubis to try and have Jacob killed.

anubis has a jackal head. from the drawings, it looks like the thing had a crocodile head.

i think the loophole is that a god can't kill another god. so man2 (who i think is also the smoke monster) had to pose as alex to tell ben that he has to follow whatever locke (man2) tells him to do. so locke tells ben he has to kill jacob. so thats the loophole.

i think chantheman hit the nail on the head, people he touched were the ones chosen to go to the island,

When Hurley got out of jail, he was given some money (paid for Kate's lunchbox), a candybar (given to Jack), and a ballpoint pen (given to Sawyer).

niketalk stays killing us in the lost thread.

comparison to jacob's off island antics to hurley's items given back to him at the prison.

fuck.

random thoughts.

that episode explains why the only way to see jacob is to request an audience when he feels comfortable. also that only the leader can visit him, which he basically hand picks so he can assume they wont kill him.

so i'm assuming jacob (white shirt) is good.

black shirt was bad.

if illana was chosen by jacob. i guess that means her crew is good as well.so if her crew is good that means widmore is bad?

i think widmore is a good guy. i think that he was the chosen one after all and jacob actually wanted alex to be killed. think about it, if alex was killed before by ben as jacob wanted, locke2 wouldn't have played that 'he killed your daughter' card on ben.

furthermore, if alex was killed as a child and ben didnt raise her, the smoke monster would never have been able to 'impersonate' alex and threaten ben to follow all of locke2's orders. if this didnt happen, ben would most definitely had done something against locke2.

i think widmore is a good guy. i think that he was the chosen one after all and jacob actually wanted alex to be killed. think about it, if alex was killed before by ben as jacob wanted, locke2 wouldn't have played that 'he killed your daughter' card on ben.

idk.

if we're assuming jacob is good.

you'd have to assume his hand picked team is as well.

seth rogan was pretty clear when he said widmore (getting miles on the freighter) was the wrong team.

i think that jacob wanted to be killed though.

"what about you" was basically asking for it.

good point

The mug on the edifice sure didn't look like a jackal to me, thus ruling out the Egyptian God Anubis, protector of the dead. No, that face looked like a crocodile, which gets you Sobek, a morally ambiguous dark god who oversees dark waters and preys on sinful souls in the afterlife. (Very Smokey.) Even worse, Set, the Egyptian god of chaos and evil, was a shapeshifter who often morphed into crocodiles and hippos (another candidate for Four Toed's face) in his clashes with archenemy Horus. Set was linked to infertility (seems Horus once ripped off Set's testicles) (serious!) (and ouch!) and was partial to fish and lettuce.

i think that because ben killed jacob thats significant, locke or evil locke coulda done it himself but he wanted to prove a point. also not breaking the loophole, but he wanted to show jacob the inherent evil in man, and how giving the free will would lead them down that path..

sawyers/docs fight also reflected this idea methinks

Ok,let me get this straight. The two people in the beginning of the episode are the main people of the show? And the guy whereing the black clothing (in the beginning of the episode) took control of locks body?

So,are they like devils or something? I am SO confused right now......

niketalk is crackin.

that dude said black shirt = smoke monster.

i got this from another forum, via another (possibly your guy):

--

"The statue is of Anubis, the Egyptian God of death. Also, a picture of Anubis was shown in the temple where the black smoke came from. Thus, the black smoke is Anubis, the God of death. We have seen the smoke monster appear in the form of Eko's brother, Yemi, Alex, and as Christian. It can appear in the form of anyone whose dead body is on the island. Now, drumroll, the smoke monster is appearing as John Locke. the real John Locke is indeed dead.

Anubis is also the guy we saw at the begining on the beach with Jacob. Jacob is also a God, and normally God's can't kill each other. The loophole is that apparently only a mortal man is able to kill a God. This is why people don't get to see God until they are dead (when they go to heaven). This is why Ben never got to see Jacob. Anubis figured this out. First, Anubis tried to use the form of Christian to convince people on the island to do things against Jacob's will and change history. But Jacob kept rebalancing things back to the way they were supposed to happen (by power of persuasion when visiting everyone off the island, for example). So Aubis came up with Plan B, to pose as John Locke, then appear as Alex to convince Ben to kill Jacob.

Why does Anubis want to kill Jacob? Because Jacob is RA, God of life. Richard Alpert is his son, perhaps (initials R.A. or RA). We literally saw Jacob bring Locke back to life after he fell out of the window. With Jacob dead, Anubis can now alter history however he pleases and kill whomever he wants. He can again rule as God of death. This is the ultimate bad ending. We're doomed!

But wait, Juliet just got the bomb to explode, which will mean everything that happened on the show, including the killing of Jacob, never happened. She saved the day. In fact, everything done by the Losties for the whole series was a component leading up to this. And it was Jacob who led to them all coming to the island. So they all played a part in "keeping balance to the force."

--

I think this is quite plausible tbh.

Guest bambam

also i just remembered oddest detail/odd foreshadowing quote. in the ep in season 2 or 3 i think, when hurley and sayid build a radio which picks up music from somewhere, im pretty sure the music was from a funeral for an 'other' in a later ep.

the lulzy part is sayid says 'it could be coming from anywhere' and hurley says 'or any time dude...'

got this from a friend who got it somewhere.

They have confirmed that next season is not about time travel. My sense is that the "Incident" happened as it always does (so Dharma covers it with cement, they take injections, wear yellow suits, etc.). The '77 Losties have a last flash to the '07 present where Smokie-Locke is in charge and they will participate in the final showdown between dark/light, good/evil, etc. Remember that Jacob physically touched each one (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Jin, Sun, Sawyer, Locke and Sayid). Dead Locke is a wild card.

shit is nuttss. cant wait until 2010

Why did jacob want to bring people to the island?

"They come, fight, they destroy, they corrupt, it always ends the same"

"but it only ends once, anything that happens before that, is just progress"

So Jacob is trying to prove that people aren't intrinsically evil?