Lost

broneck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StuckOnStupid

oh damn dogg why did you even have to say a thing?

i am currently infecting my chick with the lost virus, got her season 2 on dvd and we have watched 4 episodes a night starting monday.

any predictions on season 3s conclusion?

dude, every episode is posted on alluc.org like 2 days after original air date. as for predictions about the end of season 3, what i had originally predicted to be the last big "mystery" of the season just happened in this week's episode (Naomi's implication about the fate of flight 815).

Before I say anything else, spoilers will follow this post.

PS: stuck on stupid, way to be, i did the same thing with my girlfriend and then my entire family, and some of my neighbours. everyone should know how fucking awesome the show is eh.

No disrespect, but I still don't think Lost is back to where it was. I say this because when I started watching it (right when season 1 was released on DVD) it was great because you could watch the whole show, from start to finish, and be entertained the WHOLE time. Now, all you need to watch is the first & last 5 minutes and you can follow what's going on. Too much like a soap opera...drag out the plot and add some melodrama.

And the flashbacks? They are beyond boring, they add absolutely Nothing to the character development. They used to be cool because they would add stuff about the connections of the people when they weren't on the island. Now they just show a bunch of stuff that has no bearing on the character or what's going on on the island.

I mean, it's still OK, but I only say that because there really isn't anything better on TV. Plus, I'm pissed that they are always overlooking Sayid. He is the most underrated character.

Yea dude, Jin is the shit. Nothing to do with being Asian, he's just a BAMF all around. Though it is cool they didn't represent him like a pussy because TV is already full of those characters, like you pointed out, miz. His wife is pretty bonable too. Not model beauty but the kind that could really turn you on.

The thing I don't like is that Sayid is an Iraqi ex-military officer who is cold-hearted when he needs to be and isn't afraid to torture a motherfucker here or there. Thanks for feeding the stereotypes which are already bad enough.

Where's the violin emote when you need it?

Guest StuckOnStupid

i kind of have a feeling as to what a big reveal about the island would be...and i am worried.

does anyone else think part of the shit is going to be that your desires are kind of picked up and manifest themselves?

i dunno. way back the producers stated firmly that everything going on on the island (so far) can be explained by actualy science. there are no ghosts, this isnt all a dream, there's no time travel, etc...so im reallllly anxious for the next 3 episodes.

PS Michael Emerson is just the illest bad(?) guy on TV today. im watching his in the hatch in season two again now, and holy shit dude is creepy...

I gave up on Lost midway through the second season.

I was nearing the end of the second season and I realized there was going to be another season, which means that they would be adding more bullshit characters, more random plot points I don't give a damn about, and more flashbacks to stuff that doesn't matter, and not actually answer any of the questions that mattered unless I watched through another gazillion advertising hours. Turns out I was correct, and dropped this show like a bad habit.

how long can you be lost for... seriously?!?!
i kind of have a feeling as to what a big reveal about the island would be...and i am worried.

does anyone else think part of the shit is going to be that your desires are kind of picked up and manifest themselves?

i dunno. way back the producers stated firmly that everything going on on the island (so far) can be explained by actualy science. there are no ghosts, this isnt all a dream, there's no time travel, etc...so im reallllly anxious for the next 3 episodes.

PS Michael Emerson is just the illest bad(?) guy on TV today. im watching his in the hatch in season two again now, and holy shit dude is creepy...

First of all, they've only been lost for like 70 days i think...

As far as stuckonstupid's post goes though, i dont think they can possibly be able to explain away all the shit that's just gone out within the realm of scientific possibility (i.e. the smoke monster? locke's father on the island? etc?)

Check out Doc Jensens lost theorys, or Darkufo's blog (google them, i'm lazy).

Oh btw, the people who post on ABC's lost forum are completely insane!

Servo-That is exactly why I stopped watching it. At first it was cool, getting to know the characters and trying to figure out the story but then I came to realize in the second season that they are never going to explain it. Shit, they probably don't even know where they're going with it.

Atleast the dude from OZ has a good gig goin'....

someone's pointed out that maybe lost isn't so much about finding the answers, but about really looking at the questions and all the angles there are to each. there's so much Lost literature out there they've pretty much turned it into a modern day classic.

while this season isnt as good as one or two, i dont want to give up on the show yet

it has depth and characters that is rare to find on television these days, and while the flashbacks are def. dragging the show out, theres enough there to keep me watching. Its not as contrived as many other TV shows and at least the production values and acting are on point

i think the redemption is going to come from further "on island" flashbacks from ben and julia, shedding a whole lot of light on the dharma situation/the "purge"/the "hostiles"/etc.

Who is Mikhail? He doesn't seem to be a member of dharma, but he's definitely not one of the others either.

i think the real shining episode this season was two weeks ago when juliet returns to the beach with jack etc. well done and juliet has become such a great character.

this wednesday was mediocre besides the ending. the first thing that popped into my head with the ending is that any one of the influential corporations in this whole thing set up the plane crash so people would stop asking questions / wondering what happened to the plane and/or survivors. simple but it makes sense. plus the writers / producers have said that this isn't purgatory and time is running normally.

this season has been picking up a little towards the end. the finale supposedly features a jack vs locke showdown that changes everything (but on the previews for every week don't they say that something that happens is a game changer?)

i think the redemption is going to come from further "on island" flashbacks from ben and julia, shedding a whole lot of light on the dharma situation/the "purge"/the "hostiles"/etc.

there is an episode coming up with flashbacks that aren't so far back (might be next week).

no, but widmore is aware that the plane crashed on the island where desmond is stuck...and that finding the crash would probably lead to finding desmond, and therefore, him being ruinited with penny. so he covers up the crash.

Guest StuckOnStupid

ive only been really furious with season 3 for one episode...the one where hurley finds the van.

jesus, i half expected the voiceover from the wonder years to come on as he was driving the van around in circles. with an ep. that corny they really made me fear the level of crap they could come up with...picture the christmas episode...they find another hatch with a dusty old santa suit, etc etc...ends with everyone holding hands singing silent night on the beach and a huge star shines brightly up above...Rousseau trudges in from the jungle and everyone is on their guard....until she drops a freshly killed wild turkey and cracks a weary smile....Suddenly, a shout...."omg, is that snow?" ANYTHING is possible in this crazy, crazy world...

ive only been really furious with season 3 for one episode...the one where hurley finds the van.

jesus, i half expected the voiceover from the wonder years to come on as he was driving the van around in circles. with an ep. that corny they really made me fear the level of crap they could come up with...picture the christmas episode...they find another hatch with a dusty old santa suit, etc etc...ends with everyone holding hands singing silent night on the beach and a huge star shines brightly up above...Rousseau trudges in from the jungle and everyone is on their guard....until she drops a freshly killed wild turkey and cracks a weary smile....Suddenly, a shout...."omg, is that snow?" ANYTHING is possible in this crazy, crazy world...

lol..........