Lost

broneck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was over for me as soon as shannon died. Kate's ok too, but she's got those fucked up teeth.

I used to fantasize about Shannon being a total bitch to me...

For me the show's sexual high point ended when Walt left the island.

I recently read that the ratings for the show have tanked ever since the producers put the show on hiatus during the middle of this current season (btw, how crazy is that? I can't think of any other show on tv doing the same thing). It turns out that ratings have gotten so bad that the show might possibly be cancelled after next season. The producers in turn, decided to speed things up and so that's partly why they're going to reveal more shit as we approach the end of this season. To be honest, I think I would be a little happy if Lost did end after next season because following it is pure torture sometimes. I can't stand not having closure on anything

Golden Gloves - I don't know what you're talking about because there wasn't any closure with Seinfeld either! The series finale completely left me hanging...I'm still wondering what might have happened with Jerry and Elaine. And I would've liked it if the show ended with George getting together with Marissa Tomei.

[skip this part if you're not caught up with Lost]

About last week's bomb shell at the end - wasn't that supposed to be hinting at the notion that the whole scenario is all made up in Hurley's head, and that there is no real island? Am I completely off? Some people at my work place were talking about this and it seemed a litle plausible.

put the show on hiatus during the middle of this current season (btw, how crazy is that? I can't think of any other show on tv doing the same thing).

lots of viewers complained about the constant repeats and uncertainty of when new episodes were coming on. there were sites dedicated to it, including http://www.islostarepeat.com/. instead of delaying the start of the season (similar to 24) to air non-stop episodes, they decided to air the mini-season in fall and wait to start the "real" season.

Guest StuckOnStupid

woah. woahhhhh.

tonights episode has completely restored my faith in this show. fucking hell. i will say, without any trace of sarcasm, that tonight was one of the most gripping hours of prime time i have ever seen. amazing. they are giving the people what we want, which is island insanity. i cant even remember the last time i saw a movie or read a novel that had me as rabid as this story. what the FUCK is up with the others?

also i heard angus scrimm aka THE TALL MAN from motherfucking PHANTASM is coming on board as Jacob.

I think the writers are really starting to catch on that no one really gives much of a shit about kate and her mommy or jack and his daddy issues anymore. We want the real dirt on what the fuck is going on with the island. Anthony Cooper's death was satisfying, and somehow i think his claim of "this is a little hot for heaven" was just an address to the fanboy theorizing rampant on blogs right now. (his death was fucking nuts though).

Glad to see John Locke back and awesome again though. Can't wait for the next two weeks.

definitely at least one more i think ... i think the debate is about whether they're gonna cut it off at 5 seasons or go for the fully contracted 6

i dont think they can stretch it out to 6 but man i'll miss it when its gone.

furthermore

Phantasm_TheTallMan3a8.jpg

possibly the best worst movie ever made.

I read recently that there will be 2 more seasons. Last season people started to get pissed because it seemed like they were just stretching it and stretching it--so they announced that there is an end, allowing the writers to tighten up and write towards that.

Great episode last night.

I dunno about you guys but I hate Locke.

Wat kind of wussy has to trick another man into killing a father that 1. he never really knew and 2. totally fucked him up. He did come thru with the tape recorder but we don't know if its really Juliette's recording. Kate also gets a big SMH for telling Jack the secret. However, her sexiness will make up for it.

true that about kate, that for me was the most frustrating episode. a group of people say "dont tell jack" because no one trusts him for very valid reasons, and she goes and tells him anyway...and then he keeps some sort of secret from her, proving that he is not to be trusted. i dont know where i'm going with this, but it was lame.

i think jack and juliette have some kind of reason for being secretive, and i don't think it's nefarious either.

i respect locke that he couldn't kill his own father. he's not a killer. he also gave the opportunity for sawyer to take revenge. it worked out for everyone. it's tough to kill your own father, have you tried it before? not easy.

If I never knew my dad, and then met him only to have him steal a kidney, paralyze me, and just not give a fuck about me in general, umm I probably wouldn't have too many issues with killing him. Haha especially if I was on that island. I guess its good that Sawyer was able to get his revenge but still...

some people can kill some people can't. and the funny thing is that you don't know until you do it. i have a friend who killed someone that he didn't know and it haunted him for years. others i know have killed multiple times but to them it's nothing. for me, i already know that taking someone's life--even someone i don't know or hate, would haunt me for a lifetime...

i think i like the fact that the show is going to run that long...the suspense is the best part for sure, i'm not sure the answers will live up to the questions.

ps. wednesday is The Man Behind the Curtain, not only another Wizard of Oz reference but also the First Ben/Dharma-centric episode. I have a lost inspired boner.

http://lostseason3.blogspot.com/2007/05/episode-s3e20-unknown.html

i think the show is still great- but honestly how many great shows can be great for 6 seasons? i just hope it doesnt go to shit.

that being said, im really looking forward to the inevitable changes in sawyer/james. he was losing a lot of appeal to me... ("how bout some afternoon delight?")