THE Mustache Thread: Challenges, Appreciation, Ridicule, Praise

dino might

^yeah, i had a full beard since about 2.5 - 3 years ago.

You should grow it for 6 months (a year!) and take a picture every day, then make a .gif/youtube of your beard growing.

god dammit. you couldve suggested this before i started growing it! ill have to remember for next time im clean shaven again (whenever thatll be) :/

• 3 weeks later...

I grew a "mustache" out for around seven weeks. I'm not a particularly testoterone-filled guy, so the results were patchy at best. It didn't connect in the middle, but it did grow down around the corners of my mouth for a nice Fu Manchu-like effect. My boss asked my coworker why I was "growing that scroungy mustache." Two attractive girls reacted positively.

One day I showed up at Home Slice Pizza and I was informed that it was Mustache Month there. I got 10% off my total bill. Good karma comes back in the strangest ways.

this is as far as i got towards the handlebar, took like 3 months and i had to shave it for a wedding i'm shooting next week. maybe in 3 years i'll try again haha

2601362303_a9a5fb5525.jpg

I cant tell you how much I appreciate this haha. I wanted mine to do this for so long, but i only committed to a month of growth Photo163.jpg (please disregard obligatory I <3 Beer college poster behind my head, it was my roommates, though nonetheless truthful)

Id like to have a go of it again. Anyone...Sufu group mustache growing contest!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I saw this magazine at the book store the other day, its basically like any other japanese hair style magazine but for facial hair

hige-conscious-1

Damn I need to find me one of these magazines !! Some Japanese men have really nice goatees/mustaches.....

This one is not bad IMO :

f_StyleInspirm_3db5e9c.jpg

do you guys ever trim the mustache hair that grows along your lips? that shit irritates me when i smile/eat/drink stuff like beer or milk and need lick stuff off my lips/muffdive/etc. my beard is usually trimmed to like a 2, once every two weeks, but i clean up the lip border once every 5 days. bill and dino may convince me to just let this shit go though...

do you guys ever trim the mustache hair that grows along your lips? that shit irritates me when i smile/eat/drink stuff like beer or milk and need lick stuff off my lips/muffdive/etc. my beer is usually trimmed to like a 2, once every two weeks, but i clean up the lip border once every 5 days. bill and dino may convince me to just let this shit go though...

nah you gotta keep that part clean man. im not huge on shaving but i always have to keep that part at least trimmed cuz i fucking hate mustache hair in my mouth and shit. yeah.

^yeah, what sean said, i like mine a little longer than some i guess, but still, i had to brake out the buzzers and trim that shit up a few days ago. every time i sipped something the whiskers would get weighed down all up in mah mouth n shit. i let mine get pretty long though before a trim (saw how bill did the same and liked the exaggerated mustache w/beard combo look). i hella procrastinate when it comes to some things.

on a related note- drinking beer is way more fun with mustaches

*edit- im also biting my lips a little in those shots so take that into consideration. my lips are more full than how they look there

**edit- really wish this thread got more traffic/recognition. beards are awesome

ive been saying im growing to go trimless till halloween so i can be a legit ass black beard.. but i dont know if ill stick to it. i would like to go to a proper barber to have it trimmed/defined some at one point..